Storm Slider

What do you think is the best sidearm in DayZ? (besides silenced pistols

Weapons  

83 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think is the best sidearm in DayZ? (besides silenced pistols)

• G17
    • M1911
    • M9
    • Revolver
    • PDW
    • Makarov

What do you think is the best sidearm in DayZ? (besides silenced pistols) Leave what you think is the best and why. All have there pro's and con's, but one is the best.

Edited by Storm Slider

I have always liked the M1911 and will always pick it up over a revolver.

However i am always on the lookout for the G17.

• Like 1

Glock then revolver. I don't like the PDW or the 1911 due to the terrible sights on the PDW and the even worse ones on the 1911.

• Like 1

No maky on the list? :emptycan:

The G17. High cap mag, best sights despite a wide front post (wider MOA at longer distance) but that doesn't matter for the ranges you will usally shoot at. The trijicon style sights draw your eye to the center letting you aquire targets and fire quicker. Good utility with flashlight, semi common ammo + multiple ammo types, it isn't the best player killer in raw damage but high ROF and low recoil offset this.

I used to choose the PDW for the different ammo types but after extensive use in PvP and PvE it is horrendous in combat with terrible sights and low damage.

Edited by Trizzo
  • Like 1

PDW - It's all about the ammo, that thing will take just about any 9mm magazine, even the mp5 30 round magazines that go in the normal primary slots. So, best case you could have 8 pdw mags in the secondary and then 12 mp5 mags in the primary area, giving you a whopping 600 rounds at your disposal without even having to open your inventory.

Magazines it'll accept.... m9, m9sd, pdw, g17, mp5, & mp5sd.

The only down side is the caliber is worse than the m1911 and revolver, and the sights are a bit wonky, but up close and personal it's easy to pop some zeds heads.

• Like 3

revolver because its shiny :) but mostly I avoid sidearms because their totally unrealistic in their close range stopping power , their so underpowered its silly .

I tend to just use my sidearm for zombies, and my primary for players (when there is the need for that).

Because of that, I like the PDW because it can take all sorts of ammo, and all you need is a headshot when killing zombies.

I'd rate them:

M9SD

PDW

G17

M1911

M9

Revolver

Makarov

Currently loving the revolver, but objectively the G17 is easily the best pistol in game, accurate as hell, takes G17,M9 and M9SD mags and it the flashlight has come in handy no end of times.

and i'd rather have a Makarov than an M1911 that things so inaccurate it can almost shoot round corners.

1. Revolver
  2. Makarov (Don't fuckign judge me, it is badass)
  3. G17
  4. M9
  5. PDW
  6. M9SD
  7. M1911

Revolver > everything else. Easy ammo, powerful, fast enough, accurate as all hell.

Makarov is weak but it's easy ammo and is still very accurate, also very quiet to players.

G17 is a given, easy(ish) ammo, fast but not as accurate.

PDW, full-auto, mags everywhere seeing as how it uses G17, M9, M9SD, MP5, MP5SD AND PDW mags. Closed iron sights are always a drawback.

M9 doesn't have a ton of ammo, but is still fast.

M9SD, hard to find ammo, inaccurate.

M1911, imo the worst. Horrid iron sights, inaccurate. I usually only spam with it or kill zombies from pine trees. However, it is powerful and holds one more than revolver, still sucks imo.

Good question OP.

Edited by OfficerRaymond

Makarov.

Makarov to the head. Killing a player like this, they know that sound, they know what just happened. They got Mak'd and they will probably wrap it up for the night.

• Like 1

Probably the M1911. It looks sexy, sounds awesome, and is great for killing zombies. However, like Demongroover, the G17 is something I keep an eye out for and ties with M1911.

G17, hands down. never have I had better luck with a handgun. At close range, those sights do wonders. Mid range...meh.

These are the three I look out for ... no particular order but if I had to choose one it would be the Glock 17 ... cos I can never bloody find NVGs. :(

• Glock 17 because of the flashlight ... comes in handy when you don't have NVGs.
  • M1911 if you can't get a Glock 17.
  • M9SD if you are lucky enough to find one.

I never pick up a M9, because it's hard to find ammo for it. This applies to M9SD as well. G17 - best sights, flashlight, reflexing sound and 17 bullets in a clip.

Edited by Barrett_killz

PDW :P

Ammo everywhere. And if you're just going to shoot some zeds from a barrack or a pine tree, it's perfect.

As I only use a sidearm for zombies and primary vs players, I would pick PDW due to ammo availability. I don't find the sights to be a problem vs zombies.

• Like 2

PDW. I'm a hatchet guy when it comes to zombie killing in cities but I keep the PDW for towns. It's iron sights are nasty, but its sheer volume of fire means if I need to hit the panic button I have the means. The ammo is plentiful, plus it's great to dissuade a player who might be gunning for me while I'm popping zed heads before I bring out the big guns.

I would say G17. It loads many mags of ammo and is accurate and not too loud.

The PDW loads many mags as well, but its inaccurate and louder and has a stupid iron sight.

Although Id like to see more hand guns in the game. maybe different revolvers, magnums etc. .375 or .45.

some .22 would be great and some old soviet weapons would be great.

maybe some WW2 stuff

PDW: y? because it can shoot MP5SD and M9SD rounds which don't aggro any zombie (at least some versions ago, can't tell for the current build). so even with terrible sights, you have time to aim and shoot properly.

When I can't find a PDW, "I keep the Glock by the penis".

Back in the day it would have been 1911 or revolver. 1Shot1Kill all day baby