P.Y.T

"The Road" crafting

"The Road" Perhaps everyone has watched this film, if not, I advice to watch it, or even better, read the book. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Road

In the film the main character has a trolley. And I think it wouldn't be bad to "put" the trolley into the world of dayz.

qVce3Ax.jpg

tZQxGsa.jpg?1

The idea is following:

Find the trolley, maybe with the wheels that are damaged, in this case - they will have to be found and replaced.

For small objects not to fall out of the trolley (such as a box of matches), we need to cover up the holes in the lattice.

Search for the box, for example the one with medicaments, to cut it we need a knife.

Then fill it with our belongings, and for those for whom this is not enough, it's possible to find plastic bags. Which will take less slots in the carts, if being filled with the belongings; otherwise these bags can be tied to the sides of the cart. Do not forget that the wheels of overloaded trolleys can be damaged much faster, taking into account the condion of the surface on which you're moving. (Now it is possible, as far as I know from the Racket's interview for Rezzed)

And in the end, attach the rear view mirror of a motorcycle or bicycle to the trolley, because when your truck is packed to capacity, it is better to know who is behind you.

8OZguIt.jpg

Edited by P.Y.T
  • Like 11

can you get in the trolley and roll down hills with it?? If so I approve.

haha that's all I was thinking of.

Why not, of course.)

u6JVUHG.jpg

Edited by P.Y.T
  • Like 9

Something like a makeshift strecher you drag behind you ( you see those often in westerns attached to horses ) is a logical transportation device. A cart is fine but you need the parts and if you haul tons of ammo and AS50s with it it can easily break lol. Pushing a cart around on rough terrain can be challenging.

Edited by Enforcer

hmmmm... hmm..

I have seen this movie. It's terrible.

But i love the idea. Wouldn't you need a hunting knife to cut the medical box? :)

Something like a makeshift strecher you drag behind you ( you see those often in westerns attached to horses ) is a logical transportation device. A cart is fine but you need the parts and if you haul tons of ammo and AS50s with it it can easily break lol. Pushing a cart around on rough terrain can be challenging.

I think it would be plausible enough to use cart during this postapocaliptic period than to drag tons of ammo and AS50 with you :)

hmmmm... hmm..

I have seen this movie. It's terrible.

But i love the idea. Wouldn't you need a hunting knife to cut the medical box? :)

yep, or "hunting" knife ))

Edited by P.Y.T

If we can coast down the hill on trolleys, could we also stuff unconscious players in trash cans and roll them down Green Mountain?

I'm not a fan of the trolley idea though. Something like that requires a far slower paced game where human contact is not only unexpected, but practically impossible. If we can roll in bins and on couches though, I might change my mind :P

roll them down Green Mountain?

That sounds good... :thumbsup:

haha awesome idea after i read the part about gunning down hills.. pwness

could be used for trading and such, if ammo is rare it could be used as currancy, it would be fun

Edited by Zuulass

Love your art P.Y.T  :thumbsup:

With trolleys i forsee a new Green Mountain..

2njfqsy.jpg

fucjl1.jpg

• Like 3

Jackass much?

• Like 1

At first I wasn't a huge fan but some of these ideas have brought it into light, stuffing an engine in there and pushing it to you stuffed car.

Jumping inside at the top of a hill and crouching inside for maximum speedy assault on unsuspecting enemy.

Bomb delivery system?

Perfect for hostage or equipment trading with groups you don't exactly trust.

Perfect for emergency storage on runs to the supermarket.

General trolls & lols

One thing, shopping carts would of course require a supermarket.

• Like 1

Or a mall.

Markets not super enough for you?

Markets not super enough for you?

No need for a cart in a market the size of a Chevron convenience store...

Edited by Gews

I don't know. The Road is a sad movie, with totally grey and destroyed world. I don't think the trolley would fit in DayZ's colorful land of Ghillie suits and AS50's.

I don't know. The Road is a sad movie, with totally grey and destroyed world. I don't think the trolley would fit in DayZ's colorful land of Ghillie suits and AS50's.

There will be no AS50's in the SA and who cares about Ghillie suits? (which will be probably very rare)

But he is right, the trolley is not the best option in a zombie apocalypse. Keep in mind The Road is not a zombie scenario and there is no other threat but the people. You can use the trolley because you don't have to run and be silent as much as in a zombie world. If zombies trace you, the trolley will be useless. If people attack you, the trolley will be useless. I don't say that the trolley is a bad idea for the game, would be cool to see that implemented, but don't think it will be used as much as you think.