Sign in to follow this  
Ozelot (DayZ)

Will anyone else play KOS in SA when it comes out?

Well I have to test out the weapons somehow.

As soon as I buy it, pew pew pew.

Cuz no non-kos'r has ever copped the 'tude amirite?

Saying I can't brag is basically just saying 'I'm better than you, and you're not allowed to say different.' If I brag, you can brag right back. If you can't handle it, then back the fuck up off my swag.

Chill out little kitty, I didn't say you can't brag, I said I find it tiresome.

Have some milk and it'll cheer you up, if you're really good I'll give your tummy a tickle.

Edited by Fraggle
  • Like 7

As soon as I've downloaded the SA after buying it I'm going to join a server, look for a weapon as fast as I can and start gunning players down indiscriminately.

Why? Simple. We've already seen how people act from the mod, and I don't expect to change human nature by pretending to be 'friendly'

My favorite thing about the Mod is the deathmatching aspect of it. Killing people before they can react is so much more rewarding than it is in other multi-player shooters.

I just hope the zombies don't get too in the way of that, unless I can use them some how to kill other people. And hopefully there's enough weapons and ammo around to take people out.

Hi, I respect your opinion,but i do not think you speak for everybody. There are plenty of people out there who want to play dayz ethically. I don't know what the statistics are but there are plenty of people on this forum that are not like you. Im glad you mentiond the zombies getting in the way of your killing spree, going by what we have seen of the new path finding and how rocket describes his goals for the zeds, they are going to tare you and your kind a new one.

If the zeds aren't enough of a challenge for you, then the band of vigilantes i am going to assemble should keep you busy. The modus operande of our group will be stealth, justice, revenge... or something like that. We will track bandits and punish them. If Rocket listens to my ideas at all he will put operational cell doors in the prison they are building. If they do, that is where i will put bandits. I wont kill you that would be an easy way out, I will let you suffer but keep you alive. That reminds me to ask for the ability to force feed players =).

see you around buddy =)

If anybody likes the sound of the vigilante group i describe pm me.

Edited by freeman83
  • Like 2

LESS KoS, not none.

Also, all that means is that melee & stealth will be that much more useful and crucial in engagements. Time to bust out my high frequency blade! Chop chop, slice slice.

Who even cares about diseases? Just stab all the people with medicine to death, 'n take their stuff. Or die, respawn with a healthy body and run back to your corpse.

IMHO when a player dies, he then should wait for about 1 hour to re-spawn and the spawn area must be somewhere which is the farthest place to the player's previous corpse. There should also be some mechanism for bandits. If a 1 lvl bandit would die, then he should wait 2 hours before re-spawning. if the char is a lvl 2 bandit, then he should wait for 4 hours.. if lvl 3, then wait 8 hours.. and so...

Then people would not rly risk their characters to die awkwardly knowing that they could just re-spawn and get to their corpse again anyway..

Also for heroes, if a 1 lvl hero would die, then he should re-spawn in 30 min.. if lvl 2, then should wait 15 min and so on.. =)

Edited by SoulHunter
  • Like 1

IMHO when a player dies, he then should wait for about 1 hour to re-spawn and the spawn area must be somewhere which is the farthest place to the player's previous corpse. There should also be some mechanism for bandits. If a 1 lvl bandit would die, then he should wait 2 hours before re-spawning. if the char is a lvl 2 bandit, then he should wait for 4 hours.. if lvl 3, then wait 8 hours.. and so...

Then people would not rly risk their characters to die awkwardly knowing that they could just re-spawn and get to their corpse again anyway..

Also for heroes, if a 1 lvl hero would die, then he should re-spawn in 30 min.. if lvl 2, then should wait 15 min and so on.. =)

...No.

• Like 1

http://www.wolfestone.co.uk/no.php

• Like 1

there is no point in making a sandbox survival game if your gonna tell people how to play the game .. enough said

• Like 2

Chill out little kitty, I didn't say you can't brag, I said I find it tiresome.

Have some milk and it'll cheer you up, if you're really good I'll give your tummy a tickle.

Says the guy who wanted to lock my topix. You forumites can't even handle my flow.

Your beans are mine, little bean man!

Let me just say that I don't want KoS gone, I don't do it but it makes the game interesting. Imagine the complaints if people didn't KoS:

"omg bro can u believe it I was running around Elektro when I bumped into someone and so I asked them if they wanted to team, but they said no!"

"Did you kill him?"

"Nah I don't do that?"

"Did he kill you?"

"Nah"

"What's the problem?"

"You wouldn't do that in an apocalypse!! So unrealistic, so unfair"

"Dude, STFU"

"I HATE BANDITS"

Sorry, got a little sidetracked. What was I saying...? Oh yeah. Different play styles make it fun. So I don't think there should be any mechanic that forces people to play any certain way. Having said that, I think people don't value their lives enough in DayZ. One of the biggest reasons is the ability to loot your own body; I know I've used it as a fallback in the past. So I think SoulHunter's idea is the beginning of a good one.

IMHO when a player dies, he then should wait for about 1 hour to re-spawn and the spawn area must be somewhere which is the farthest place to the player's previous corpse.

Maybe an hour is too much, maybe not. The humanity system is ridiculous though, it should be removed, not bolstered. And also you shouldn't respawn far from your body; that should remain random.

Edited by WBK
  • Like 1

I will play as I played in the mod, and I only killed one person in the mod in about a month of playing...

An alternative is just to make your body invisible to you but no-one else.

Yes yes yes. Although people playing in teams could get their mate's to pick up their stuff for them. But the idea is a good one and I'd like to see something like that implemented.

Anything that makes people

Value their life more is of interest to me! :D

I really am going to enjoy the first few weeks of the Standalone release because there is going to be a world of butthurt.

• Like 6

I really am going to enjoy the first few weeks of the Standalone release because there is going to be a world of butthurt.

Barns mean DEATH.

I can imagine!

'Zombies WTF??? When were these added they are OP!!!!!!!!!!!'

I honestly think that the first stages of SA Alpha will be the best time to play. Everyone who is used to the run and gun attitude playing on servers with custom gear and spawn in with high end gear will think 'WTF' and won't play. All the bugs and glitches will be annoying but it will also mean that the only people who play are the players that want to play DayZ for its aspects that it was meant to be. Mostly more mature people will play and less CoD kiddies will play *hopefully*.

Well isnt this cute. ``Bandit`hunters``.

While you are starting all the bandits have got some great practice in.

If you dont want to get killed in dayz be more carefull its that simple. PLay in teams etc.

Well isnt this cute. ``Bandit`hunters``.

While you are starting all the bandits have got some great practice in.

If you dont want to get killed in dayz be more carefull its that simple. PLay in teams etc.

And I have a year of practice bandit hunting experience, no the answer is to retaliate, not hide

Just to piss people off, yes.

But no no NO, I'm not shooting players. That would be easy.

Noooooooooooooo...

My plan? Baseball bat to the head and legs BAM you're unconscious and being eaten by zombies.

As soon as I get a gun? BAM shot your gun, now it doesn't work. Have fun being eaten by zombies.

You have a nice pair of boots? BAM, one of your feet are broken and your shoes are ruined.

Found a big old backpack? BAM, your backpack now has a shotgun sized hole in it... oh, and you're probably bleeding to death.

Found some sunglasses? CRACK! Baseball bat to the head... again.

I'm not KoSing to actually kill. I'm Breaking-everything-you-own-on-sight.

oh god kill it with fire. one of the main aims of the standalone is to increase player interaction. this isn't fucking call of duty. please stay on the mod and don't buy the standalone.

You're right, it's not CoD. You respawn with all your gear in CoD.

That doesn't mean I can't grab an AKM and shoot you, though.

You're right, it's not CoD. You respawn with all your gear in CoD.

That doesn't mean I can't grab an AKM and shoot you, though.

utterly missed the point. it's not an arcade shooter, where the goal is simply to kill people. it's completely different to that, you can go around finding the loot in a town and then go looking for people to kill them, but don't you find that dull and repetitive? think of all the possibilities if you were to simply shout to someone in the building opposite and say 'i need a bandage' or whatever. literally anything could happen. they could try to rob you, you could try to rob them, they could be in need of help from infection, or be very low on heath themselves. they could want to team up, they could be a nasty gang preying on hapless victims, they could be a good gang helping everyone they can. you could team up with the person and rid the town of zombies and barricade it from any more. that's why i dont like KoS. it is so dull. 'yay lets shoot each other, something i can do in a million other games! let's not do the things that only this game offers and is the reason why it's so popular!'.

just like the OP, you're gonna have to come to terms with the fact that you might actually need the help of strangers and maybe NOT have to kill them. surviving the environment is going to be alot harder in the standalone.

don't know why i'm arguing with you though, you're still just gonna kill everyone you see so you can put it on your super successful youtube channel

Edited by elf cakes
  • Like 2