Sign in to follow this  
Ozelot (DayZ)

Will anyone else play KOS in SA when it comes out?

Quite simple in my opinion: people will play KOS if this will worth it.

Actually in the mod this strategy is a rewarding one, so a lot of people KOS...no more to tell about it.

Only the SA design will determine the major playing style of the people.

And I have a year of practice bandit hunting experience, no the answer is to retaliate, not hide

Oh good Ozelot, a few of my friends and I are starting a league of bandit hunters. So I guess I will KoS, if it's some asshole like you.

Id be willing to donate unused weapons/meds to such a league if genuine.

SVD,15 or so mags

2 DMR + shite load of ammo

M24

M14 AIM

M16A2 M203 + one nade

M16A2 CCO

MP5SD6+4 SD mags

M249 SAW 2+ maybe more belts?found that today

Edited by AussieBobby

Exactly, I've met some decent people because I choose to communicate rather than shoot first

For example I met a guy in the middle of nowhere with a crossbow and after sniping zombies for him I disarmed him of his crossbow ( not get he needed much incentive) and he told me it was his first life and that he was lost

I led him to rog castle and gave him everything he needed to get to berezino from there

Think back back to when you were new and getting sniped, I could have ended his life as soon as I saw him and yet his first experience with another player was friendly, I live in the hope one day he might be on the same position and helps out someone just because he remembers that someone was willing to help someone out

Maybe he won't, but the point is that he had a far better experience and Learnt a few tips from a veteran instead of a bullet to he face from a Kim away

Another time me and a Friend met a gilli guy in cherno of all places and managed to convince him we were friendly, he helped us out and gave us a car when we parted ways, covered us with his dmr while we bloodbag he'd a couple of people, and came to our rescue in a heli when bandits took out our car

Later we ran into him again and he gave us his dmr and an m4 SD

When we met him all he had was an M29 SAW

So fully geared or not, people can be friendly, or you could have shot these people and not cared less but if you find they interesting go ahead

Sure I've been betrayed, but those people are normally the ones who can't hit anything and have to shoot you In the back

If your not willing to try, you can't really use the argument get no one is friendly and all will stab you in the back

It's true that many will, but the next time your dying and bleeding out and someone comes along and bloodbags you, don't be a dick about it, so what if they have better gear?

Gear means nothing, it's everywhere.

PS: thanks for the gear offer but I don't really worry about my gear, A rifle is a rifle to me so I use whatever I get my hands on and do ok Most of the time

Edited by Regulator Lone Warrior
  • Like 1

oh god kill it with fire. one of the main aims of the standalone is to increase player interaction. this isn't fucking call of duty. please stay on the mod and don't buy the standalone.

And an even bigger is survival...

I agree, with whats said above, dont buy standalone, if your going to just walk around shooting everyone you see, we dont want you here, player interaction in my opinion is much better then just killing them, better stories are made then.

What stories ^_^ You shared beans? You set up camp with someone? You were saved by someone from zombies? OR you were pinned down from a KOSer and another guy walked into the action unknowingly so you plotted to both somehow take him down. Then you did. And you felt great overcoming a big obstacle that no one could have even seen as an outcome. And besides wouldn't that mean the game would be rather easy? Look out life now. People formed together and made life easy. So now it isn't survival much anymore in developed countries that is.

Otherwise everybody who met would challenge each other to a duel or groups would do battles revolutionary war style. With (we'll just call people who KOS kosers) kosers you really get many outcomes to everything. Anything can mean the death of you so if you were to live it just makes it 10x better.

Edited by M_Mitchell

As soon as I've downloaded the SA after buying it I'm going to join a server, look for a weapon as fast as I can and start gunning players down indiscriminately.

Why? Simple. We've already seen how people act from the mod, and I don't expect to change human nature by pretending to be 'friendly'

My favorite thing about the Mod is the deathmatching aspect of it. Killing people before they can react is so much more rewarding than it is in other multi-player shooters.

I just hope the zombies don't get too in the way of that, unless I can use them some how to kill other people. And hopefully there's enough weapons and ammo around to take people out.

I find your lack of creativity distrubing, please like many has said before, the main point of standalone is to increase the amount of player interaction and the survival aspect we have enough kos kiddies already joining in to standalone, please change your behavior, go to therapist or sumthing! Also the zombies are going ot be even harder than currently in the mod.

Are you seriously just trolling here? ammo and guns are also alot more rare.

Edited by Aporis
  • Like 1

I will play Neutral as I always have. I'll only play with friends, people who I've helped or been helped by. Everyone else has 10 seconds..

I'd love to see you run out of ammo by shooting people in Cherno and then get eaten by zombies. I think alot of people have to adjust their KoS playstyle in SA because of this.

Edited by Sem4ever

oh god kill it with fire. one of the main aims of the standalone is to increase player interaction. this isn't fucking call of duty. please stay on the mod and don't buy the standalone.

you will be the first person i kill then take a shit on and then craft my own toliet paper from your clothes.

the game wont change at all people will kill on site even more now as the player limits will be even bigger in standalone upto 150 :lol:

so now you will have upto 3 times as many people in places thanyou did before. genius way of stopping the kos which wont ever happen unless we all spawn with bananas. i fear a banana nerf may happen very shortly afterwards though due to vitamin b infections soaring. image the slippage kills alone.

• Like 3

I almost wish SA would have some elements from Die2Nite. It would be fun to build a base and have people have to stay on watch at all hours (would get teamwork from people all around the world and work schedules). You have a zombie population that grows exponentially as time goes on and it's your job to keep the map clean as best as possible, while working together as a group.

Maybe this might only be for tournaments or something where you get teams (30-40 people) and a server run a couple of areas where people build up forts. Almost like different factions from something like The Walking Dead, where you get different groups of survivors that clash.

It could also give new people a way to get into the game by simply helping on the upkeep of the base as well as scavenging.

Edited by treeHamster
  • Like 1

Hell yeah.

Edit: Maybe when the SA comes out, I'll post a thread which server I'm on and all you haters can come at me.

You'll be the first one on the forums crying and "hating"(who says that word anymore? What are you 15?) when the zombies are wrecking you left and right because of "your playstyle" and you're getting diseases you can't simply cure with anti biotics. And then you'll quit because it's "2 HARD 2 play NOW : (((" and go back to whatever steaming pile you played before this. Have you even been watching the SA dev blog videos? You're fucked buddy lol. Edited by Obscura
  • Like 1

you will be the first person i kill then take a shit on and then craft my own toliet paper from your clothes.

the game wont change at all people will kill on site even more now as the player limits will be even bigger in standalone upto 150 :lol:

so now you will have upto 3 times as many people in places thanyou did before. genius way of stopping the kos which wont ever happen unless we all spawn with bananas. i fear a banana nerf may happen very shortly afterwards though due to vitamin b infections soaring. image the slippage kills alone.

I disagree but I beaned you because it made me chuckle.

BTW I don't disagree about KOS bieng better or worse, I think it'll be much the same, maybe initially it'll drop while people figure things out but over time KOS will still be a major way people play. I think spawn campng and people sitting on sniper hill popping heads for no reason will be largely dealt with because in theory players just won't have the vast amount of ammo they do now so will have to use it a bit more wisely.

It really doesn't bother me, it just adds to the paranoia and keeps me sharp which is why I love DayZ anyway.

Edited by Fraggle
  • Like 1

I am sure I am going to play the same way I do in the mod. I play with a group of 3-5 friends at a time. If someone is not in my group, they are armed with some sort of automatic rifle, and I see them first close to me good chance is I am going to kill them before they get a chance to kill me. If someone sees me first, calls out on direct chat or otherwise lets me know they are there I back away, and I never kill a bambi/new player. Typically if I can corner someone before they know I am there I will tell them to drop their gun, if they do that I'll vacate the area unless I need a blood bag or something.

Is that kill on sight? I don't think so, it seems to me a fair way to play a game about survival.

Edit: Also, if I see a m107 or as50 I take them out and bury the gun. No reason for that shit.

Edited by mintypie007
  • Like 1

my god. it's a ZOMBIE SURVIVAL MMO. NOT AN FPS. PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DO NOT BUY THE STANDALONE.

It's like 1.7.7. update.. ALL OVER AGAIN!! DAMMIT! Who Knows what a zombie is these days?

EDIT: in all considerable honesty, if we give them ZERO zombie servers... they'll fuck off and PVP each other like merry men.

Edited by DaveZ
  • Like 1

can't wait for standalone. I will be the one quietly chuckling looking into Cherno/Elektro watching this guy and people like him draining ammo on fresh spawns, attracting hordes of zombies.

It's like 1.7.7. update.. ALL OVER AGAIN!! DAMMIT! Who Knows what a zombie is these days?

EDIT: in all considerable honesty, if we give them ZERO zombie servers... they'll fuck off and PVP each other like merry men.

That's one thing I don't understand about the mod right now with all these servers that spawn you with m4a1s or akms and full gear why not just play wasteland at that point? A lot more guns and cool vehicles. Whenever my buddies try to get me to play on a server like that I just suggest wasteland or play on my own.

But on topic it seems OP is just trying to troll people with the attitude of a 14 year old for some reason but I will play cautiously and try to be a good guy some of my best sessions and funniest games have been when I save someone and team up with a stranger.

• Like 4

As soon as I've downloaded the SA after buying it I'm going to join a server, look for a weapon as fast as I can and start gunning players down indiscriminately.

Why? Simple. We've already seen how people act from the mod, and I don't expect to change human nature by pretending to be 'friendly'

My favorite thing about the Mod is the deathmatching aspect of it. Killing people before they can react is so much more rewarding than it is in other multi-player shooters.

I just hope the zombies don't get too in the way of that, unless I can use them some how to kill other people. And hopefully there's enough weapons and ammo around to take people out.

You sir are the cancer of this mod/game

• Like 3

"As soon as I've downloaded the SA after buying it I'm going to join a server, look for a weapon as fast as I can and start gunning players down indiscriminately." not sure if trolling or...

why even get mad as many play for kos kil everything as do to play with others group up

its part of game. realize that and save yourself hassle.

as for ammo and such it will be exactly the same in standalone head electro churno massicar a few noobs get a enfield or something pop a couple more build up a couple of gun stash shoot some more blah blah shoot more.

standalone is just different trousers different day.

I will definitely kill people, but not but not like "Oh that's a player, I will focus on killing him", I'm gonna see what he does and what he has. I might even just stalk him from a distance and not kill him at all. Other times I run up to people and ask if they need any help.

Edited by Sutinen
  • Like 1

KOS' people, giant ego and uses douchey terms, must be at least 13

You're worse than Ozelot you generalising piece of shit

Even in the standalone i won't kill anyone haven't done in the mod yet and have no intention of killing anyone, i will survive like i always have done no contact just me and the basics, i don't want good gear or any extra's, if someone kills me then so be it, it's no big deal i just start over again, i will make my own story in this game, and others can do what they want make their own stories,

• Like 2

why even get mad as many play for kos kil everything as do to play with others group up

its part of game. realize that and save yourself hassle.

as for ammo and such it will be exactly the same in standalone head electro churno massicar a few noobs get a enfield or something pop a couple more build up a couple of gun stash shoot some more blah blah shoot more.

standalone is just different trousers different day.

Until the bodies start piling up and the cities become too risky to visit due to disease unless you have the right gear, that'll mix things up a bit and induce many a tear from people that just want to do the whole Cherno/Electro PVP thing, it should at least break their cycle of play. That Enfield you just grabbed off a noob will probably kill you.

• Like 1

Until the bodies start piling up and the cities become too risky to visit due to disease unless you have the right gear, that'll mix things up a bit and induce many a tear from people that just want to do the whole Cherno/Electro PVP thing, it should at least break their cycle of play. That Enfield you just grabbed off a noob will probably kill you.

I think I may have just pitched a tent... In my trousers...

@Dgeesio: SA is not the same game in a different skin. Way more complex and dangerous. I DO believe there will be a slightly smaller % of KoS players, but hopefully not too much of a decrease... Every time someone shoots at me before I've spotted them I get the most insane rush of adrenaline. And then when I manage to survive their futile ambush and can take 'em out with my measly Enfield I feel like saying "fuck the heliocentric model of the solar system. Everything, in fact, revolves around my Andromeda-sized titanium balls."

:) I prefer to hold people up/stalk/help as opposed to KoS... the uncertainty of what will happen is what makes the game so addictive.