beavis_5000

PLEASE MAKE THE DAY Z SA MORE GAMEPAD COMPATABLE!!!!!!!!

I love DAy Z, but I would love it so much more if it was smoother with a gamepad. Ive gamed my whole life on console and using a key board and mouse holds me back bad on thins game.

Even when you set up a controller you cant aim worth crap on it. I suck bad with a key board and mouse but I can still aim better with the mouse than I can with the gamepad.

Ive been playing for awhile now and still cant get used to the key board and mouse.

I dont even care about alot of advanced controls like peeking around a corner. I just want the ability to move, loot, aim and shoot effectively. Im sure many others feel the same. And im sure many more would play if gamepads were more compatable.

So lets see who is truly better, the key board and mouse players or gamepad players.

Its a huge handicap for me to have to use a keyboard and mouse and I would love to enjoy this game without that handicap. Like I said Ive used controllers my whole life and I dont think its possible for me to switch. Plus I would love to take on some key board and mouse players who have had an advantage over me this whole time.

Lastly dont put this game out until its ready. Honestly I would wait another year or two, even more for a polished, complete Day Z. You guys could possibly have one of the greatest games of all time if you do it right.

Considering it will most likely be ported to consoles also, it should have a better controller setup. ArmA is just not made for gamepads, is all.

You can use a wired Xbox controller :)

You won't get it fully controlled by the pad as there aren't enough buttons but most controls can be done.

Also check out http://pinnaclegameprofiler.com/ for saving the profiles, well worth the money it costs.

ArmA in general is about personal skill progression regarding basic land-nav, movement, situational awareness, tactics and combat. I really don't see a need to dumb down the controls, when you have access to the best controller ever: Mr. Keyboard and Dr. Mouse.

Learn to use a mouse and keyboard combo, you'll be way more accurate, than you'll ever be with a toy controller.

ALSO LESS CAPS PLOX

Edited by Dallas
  • Like 1

ArmA in general is about personal skill progression regarding basic land-nav, movement, situational awareness, tactics and combat. I really don't see a need to dumb down the controls, when you have access to the best controller ever: Mr. Keyboard and Dr. Mouse.

Learn to use a mouse and keyboard combo, you'll be way more accurate, than you'll ever be with a toy controller.

ALSO LESS CAPS PLOX

I agree on that. Look at it this way: Being able to properly aim with the analog thumbstick of a gamepad means: The game is helping you with it A LOT and your own skill plays not much part in your accuracy. That being said I hope to see a Wiimote with much higher resolution some time soon to replace my keyboard/mouse with a WiiMote/Nunchuck combo. Except for the shitty resolution that's even a step further than mouse/keyboard as far as being intuitive goes.

Hopefully they will release a console version of the game so that many people can enjoy it without expensive computers and using a control scheme they are more familiar with using. I don't think that even the console port of DayZ will include some of the "aim-assist" mechanics present in most FPS games on current consoles though. The lack of those mechanics would mean that you're always going to be capable of achieving higher accuracy on a mouse when games don't have capped turn speeds.

I used to play exclusively on consoles myself so I understand your frustration but if you just try to use it for a game or two it'll literally become second nature to you and before you know It you will be aiming better with the mouse than was ever even possible with the controller.

Edited by Xeiom

I'd play other PC games to get better with a mouse and keyboard. I mean just to get used to wasd movement and stuff.

im sorry but i stopped reading at

"PLEASE MAKE THE DAY Z SA MORE GAMEPAD COMPATABLE!!!!!!!!"

and "I love DAy Z,"

Yeh it does sound like everyone's being PC fanboy but it's just a fact that with fps games a mouse and keyboard is superior. I like using a gamepad for some games (Assasins Creed and so on) but not anything that involves pvp and guns generally, you just can't be competative.

I've been messing about with my Xbox controller in Arma 2 and using it for vehicle control and it's actually working out really nicely. My plan is to have the controller on my desk/lap and when I hop into a car I can just pick up the controller and use that, it's the best of both worlds and sooooooooooooooooooo much easier to drive with.

Edited by Fraggle

Try being a lefty and using a keyboard and mouse! However day z is much better on k+m just practice the controls it will become easier

Just play more with a keyboard and mouse... I was a console gamer forever and I sucked when I came to PC. I think my first CoD game's K/D was 0/20. You have to suck for a while before you get better. Practice makes perfect. If you keep handicapping yourself by trying to use controllers you will never get better.

Do you guys have any tips for K+M. I use the arrow keys to move, should I try using the letters to move?

My big issue is if I need to do anything at all I have to find the letter first. Even tho I pretty familiar with a keyboard in general, I have to take my eyes off the screen to make sure I hit the right button. In pressure situations in which i need quick reactions I have no chance. I just cant seem to fluidly use the keyboard.

The mouse is nice for aiming, you guys are all spot on about that.

Any tips will help and thanks ahead of time.

Try being a lefty and using a keyboard and mouse!

I am ;).

• Like 1

Do you guys have any tips for K+M. I use the arrow keys to move, should I try using the letters to move?
Use whatever you find most comfortable.

Everyone should custom map their controls to suit themselves.

It's all about getting used to what does what so your muscle-memory takes over and controlling the game becomes a reflex.

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/139422-sa-controls/#entry1368768

yeah use wasd keys for movement then all the other keys are around there also its also easier on the arms on a smaller desk

I am ;).

not the only one i hate going on other peoples pcs usually have a mouse to hand :)

• Like 1

Lefty here too, but I've always used right for mouse.

Pinky on shilft

Ring finger on A

Middle on W

Index on D

Thumb on space

Edited by Dallas

Lefty here too, but I've always used right for mouse.

Pinky on shilft

Ring finger on A

Middle on W

Index on D

Thumb on space

That's exactly the same as me! It's as if we were separated at birth.

• Like 1

the amount of buttons etc arma needs you def needs a keyboard and mouse dude... seriously sell your console and become a full time master race PC gamer.. you wont look back at your peasant console dayz ever again.. its the future son