r4z0r49

DayZ Mod 1.7.7.1 Hotfix

After playing this patch for a bit , I am convinced the amount of bleeding caused by zeds is way over the top .

Blunt force trauma from their this wouldn't cause fatal bleeding , maybe a small bleed , but you're not going to bleed to death from one or two hits , which right now , is quite likely if you have no bandages .

Most likely you would get nasty bleeds from them feeding on you , when you're on the ground .

TLDR way too much bleed damage , from zed hits .

Ahaha.,.. you're funny.

One thing that I've noticed lately is that while 99% of loot now spawns on top of the ground textures, I'm still finding a /lot/ of instances where chopper crash loot is spawning below the ground textures. As an example, I found a crash in a hard packed field with practically no grass textures yesterday. From 200 meters, through my scope, I could see all the loot. However, when I got to the chopper, nearly all of the loot was beneath the ground texture, with an occasional edge popping up. Again, doesn't happen every time, but it's something that I've been noticing a lot.

Does anybodyknow when vilayer will update there servers to 1.7.7.1? I'm dieing to play some dayz!

You need to speak to Vilayer about that. Why would anyone here know? :)

Huh?

Players have a limited number of buildings they can enter and explore.

Be nice to have more wouldn't it?

Hello all,

I notice now you get infected a lot when hit by zombies, this doesn't bother me in the slightest, in fact i welcome the harder element of it BUT.. for this to work you need to have more antibiotics available to find. At the moment if you get infected the best thing to do is run to a spawn location, get yourself in a bush which you think will be safe, wait to die and then go back to your body and re-gear up and head off again.. if you get infected again just rinse and repeat.. and I'm pretty sure this isn't how dean imagined the game to be played.

I have been playing for a good 30 hours on 1.7.7.1 in fact from 6pm last night me and a friend did a full 14 hour session and we never once found and antibiotics, blood bags or even the medical boxes which usually appear in hospitals. (is this a server problem or is it an issue with the patch?) is this because I'm looking in the wrong place?

After getting a little bit fed up of finding the same tin cans, nails or toilet paper i asked someone where the best place to find items was (just food & drink in this case) o was told that zombies dropped much more food and drink than previous iterations of Dayz and so far i believe it to be true, kill 10-15 zombies and your backpacks over flowing with beans.

Someone also said that antibiotics were found more easily on military zombies (police, soldier types) so we headed to Stary Sober but after killing what must of been neigh on 50 we never once got either.

Also, a question regarding the ability (or in this case the inability) to loose zombies in the dark, is it just my imagination or is it really a lot harder to loose zombies at night? previously in patches i have played if you was seen by a zombie you could run around a couple buildings and jobs a good'un you are scott-free but now i can run around as many buildings as i want, over fences, through trees and they just keep on coming.. if this is an addition to the latest patch is there a possibility to look at making loosing them at night a little bit easier? i loose sight of my team mates easier than i loose zombies..

Cheers.

The buildings would have to be hollowed out and insides modelled for them. Yes, it is quite hard to do. I can't see it happening in the mod but in DayZ standalone you will be able to enter 95-100%% of the buildings in Chernarus.

Shame. As it would make the game much more interesting.

I see from Map editing there are a number of unused enter-able buildings in the Cher map for example. No one around on this forum who could take one of those buildings and swap it with a building that isn't enter-able?

I'm one of those who doesn't use guns, only the Axe, so opening up a new building would increase at a stroke the time spend exploring.

Personally I feel the maps are rapidly getting rather stale with nothing new to see.

Perhaps you could make garbage cans/containers into loot stash points? That'll make exploring more interesting?

Just my penny's worth. :)

Latest changes (6/30/13) are GREAT! Zeds work better when attacking....not super fast and teleporting behind you. Well done

Edited by Tony_Montana

When I fired a gun inside a building, 30 Zeds entered the building within 10 seconds....There were NOT that many Zeds nearby or even in the town.....Zeds spawn in reaction to sound....not good.

When I fired a gun inside a building, 30 Zeds entered the building within 10 seconds....There were NOT that many Zeds nearby or even in the town.....Zeds spawn in reaction to sound....not good.

90% sure that's false.

Very likely, you just didn't see them, or you're exaggerating. Or both.

Edited by Zetal

I am really looking forward to this (I would like to see maxLocalZombies go as high as a good system can handle):

HARD: (MMO Feel)

dayz_maxLocalZombies = 40; // max quantity of Z controlled by local gameclient, used by player_spawnCheck. Below this limit we can spawn Z

dayz_maxMaxModels = 80; // max quantity of Man models (player or Z, dead or alive) around players. Below this limit we can spawn Z

dayz_maxMaxWeaponHolders = 80; // max quantity of loot piles around players. Below this limit we can spawn some loot

dayz_tagDelayWeaponHolders = 20; // prevent any new loot spawn on this building during this delay (minutes)

dayz_tagDelayZombies = 5; // prevent any new zombie spawn into or near this building during this delay (minutes)

dayz_lootSpawnBias = 67; // between 50 and 100. The lower it is, the lower chance some of the lootpiles will spawn

dayz_infectionTreshold = 1.25; // used to trigger infection, see fn_damageHandler.sqf

dayz_ViralDmgScale = 500; //Virals dmg scale level, see fn_damageHandler.sqf

dayz_NormalDmgScale = 400; //Normal zeds dmg scale level, see fn_damageHandler.sqf

Shame. As it would make the game much more interesting.

I see from Map editing there are a number of unused enter-able buildings in the Cher map for example. No one around on this forum who could take one of those buildings and swap it with a building that isn't enter-able?

I'm one of those who doesn't use guns, only the Axe, so opening up a new building would increase at a stroke the time spend exploring.

Personally I feel the maps are rapidly getting rather stale with nothing new to see.

Perhaps you could make garbage cans/containers into loot stash points? That'll make exploring more interesting?

Just my penny's worth. :)

You said it before and again in this post. Your wording makes it sounds as if you want 1 new building for the whole map, however creating 1 new STYLE of building and placing 30 of them around the map is a differant story.

Can't wait for the new changes.....FINALLY the individual servers can decide how hard they want things to be. Good choices

90% sure that's false.

Very likely, you just didn't see them, or you're exaggerating. Or both.

Must not have seen them then......hard to miss 30 Zeds milling around town.

It's not that easy :-( unless we can find a way to limit the system to only private servers we wont be able to keep :-( We cant have different levels on the public hive.

• Like 3

put the kill board back in.

some like it. scroll lock or insert lock please.

undestand you want it changed for the journal but can you add a debug board like previous while you do it.

Edited by dgeesio

I am really looking forward to this (I would like to see maxLocalZombies go as high as a good system can handle):

We tried with 500, ;p its really not that fun. it makes looting and stuff impossible, because its never ending spawns and you can't do much.

picture from the start of it.

8vaf.jpg

• Like 1

It's not that easy :-( unless we can find a way to limit the system to only private servers we wont be able to keep :-( We cant have different levels on the public hive.

I was wondering about that. I for seen people jumping onto "easy" servers gearing up, then going to a "hard" server and causing mass butt hurt, lol

Yep, This is why its been added so we can see if there is anyway without editing the dlls to do this.

We tried with 500, ;p its really not that fun. it makes looting and stuff impossible, because its never ending spawns and you can't do much.

picture from the start of it.

If the zombie re-spawn timer is increased, it works just fine.

Or, better yet, I've tested making zombies spawn in between 400 to 450 meters with 0 to 400 meters being a no-zombie-spawn zone. This works great because you can clear entire small towns or large chunks of big towns of zombies. The loot re-spawn timer must match the zombie re-spawn timer (or be higher), and the loot re-spawn range must be pushed out to 450 meters or more.

One thing I would suggest no matter what is having only one zombie at a time spawn per spawn point (instead of 2 - 7 or whatever), then make it a percentage chance that the spawn point is "zombied" to get the desired total amount of zombies spawned from a particular spawn point (or however the spawn point is now made to stop zombie spawning for a period of time--I haven't looked at the latest code). This prevents that split-second chug feeling when zombies are spawned (walking through the woods when you get momentary lag = must have spawned zombies somewhere). If only one zombie is spawned at a time from each spawn point, hundreds can spawn without the lag (but, too many aggro'd at the same time causes their own issues).

Edited by joikd

As someone who runs and plays on one of the few pure hardcore public servers, I would much rather have the harder difficulty option even if it means players can play on an easier difficulty server, then come to my server with their easy-server gear. Generally speaking, hardcore players won't do this anyway IMHO since they want a difficult experience to begin with. So, I think the positive far outweighs the negative--makes it totally worth it.

It's definitely worth trying at least.

Edited by joikd
  • Like 1

I am no gun expert so i'm not sure if its possible to fire both types of round i would need to look it up.

It is perfectly OK to interchange SD and normal ammo between guns.

The main benefit of using a Suppressor with supersonic ammo is that the suppressor hides the muzzle flash (not really a problem in DayZ) and it is very difficult to determine the shooters location since the suppressor hides the "boom" of the rifle.

Edited by SpudmanWP

Some problems I've noted in the latest hotfix:

-Unable to take backpacks out of toilets.

-Toilet doors lethal.

-Zombies are extremely glitchy in buildings:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brYpG1XhaLI

-Player character can get stuck for a couple of seconds after being knocked down by a zombie and getting back up:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqP9VSpYzgM

-Player characters can apparently dupe themselves somehow:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmWzi6QDVAA

Dem zombys arr tu basik, dey need liyk mo fraims tu du deh fings zombys du 'n that. Yu cee, in a zomby gaym. Da zombys arr de mayn foekal poynt. So wiff dey luk liyk a bag ov spannurs ownlee fit four a carmaggedon remayk, den itss a puwer do.