r4z0r49

DayZ Mod 1.7.7.1 Hotfix

1.62.xxxxxx is the arma2 beta patch version

1.7.7.1 is the current dayz mod version

you need both to be up to date to play

heres the links for manual download

arma2 beta patch *important* the required patch is 103718 http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

dayzmod 1.7.7.1 http://dayzmod.com/f...od-1771-hotfix/ download the full client files rather than the patch just to be sure.

either download and install maually or just check that you have those versions on play with six.

alternatively you could try using DayZcommander http://www.dayzcommander.com/

most people find it much simpler to use than playwithsix as it is purely for dayz and other dayz mods.

Where do i put these files? I cannot find a location with a similar name etc?

Notice he only allowed each one to get a first hit. It's possible the code doesn't give infection or hard damage on a zeds first attack before you flee. A real test would have gone 1 to 1 with a zed and not run around in circles. Of course I've never read the code, but I don't think you can call what he's doing a conclusive test.

I don't know many people who would stand still and allow a zombie to hit them. What he's doing is fairly close to a 'gameplay' test, where a player would be constantly moving, but still be hit. Obviously the hits wouldn't be nearly that concentrated, and if a player IS allowed themselves to be hit repeatedly without moving, they deserve an infection. What this video shows is that the zombies are extremely far from being a threat if you put in a minimal amount of effort.

Where do i put these files? I cannot find a location with a similar name etc?

For the beta patch just unpack it anywhere and run the .exe, it will automatically find the right folder and install

For the dayz file unpack it and put the @Dayz folder and the Keys folder into your arma 2 operation arrowhead folder

it will probably say there are already folders in there with the same name select to replace all.

if your using steam it will be here C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead

I would recommend using DayzCommander though, it really does make keeping thing updated really easy.

Edited by Fluxley

bahh this patch ruined my hopes for a challeging DayZ...

the infection rate should have stayed the same, same thing for spawning without a backpack. The game was so much fun and challenging 1.7.7

I know that many bugs were fixed and thanks for that :D! But I totaly prefer the 1.7.7 over the 1.7.7.1 and mustly because the ingame community was changing, people were actually becoming smarter.. Less killing on sight( because there was less ammo around), trading between players( weapons, mags and expecially antibiotics).

Edited by julios90

Seriously, people QQ all over the place about 1.7.7 but when the devs actually do something about it, people complain about it being changed

What

Well I liked it from the begining, people were actually helping each other!!! o.O

If you check the poll about 1.7.7 satisfaction you will see the majority of the players was ok with it, but the carebear minority made much more noise.

• Like 1

Just tried stealth approach thru village and it worked perfectly. I didn't agro single zed, Checked all buildings and supermarket. In next village I agroed songle zed and I get this as price to keep me aware and I am even not angry if zed agro cos LOS glitch. Its random and keep you on alert. So I am very happy with hotfix. Just fix infection code problems as I saw in thread and all fine. Loot is sparse as it should be in apocalypse. If wandering zeds in forest can be fixed and retuned back even better. So yes. I like hotfix.

Edited by ataribaby

If you check the poll about 1.7.7 satisfaction you will see the majority of the players was ok with it, but the carebear minority made much more noise.

Yeah, because zombies hitting players from 20m away wasn't a problem at all. Neither was zombies having eagle vision and chasing you, even without LoS. It was just perfect!

Stop ignoring all the problems of patches like you normally do. Open eyes are good, y'know?

Edited by Masterfocker

Yeah, because zombies hitting players from 20m away wasn't a problem at all. Neither was zombies having eagle vision and chasing you, even without LoS. It was just perfect!

Stop ignoring all the problems of patches like you normally do. Open eyes are good, y'know?

Those are immersion breaking bugs, but the immersion created by having difficult zombies was far greater. So, fine. Now, the bugs are fixed. Let's make zombies hard again. Any suggestions?

Those are immersion breaking bugs, but the immersion created by having difficult zombies was far greater. So, fine. Now, the bugs are fixed. Let's make zombies hard again. Any suggestions?

Guess what, rocket is gonna make them do even less damage in the SA. Since they are infected human beings and not undead super monsters. A punch doesn't cause you to start hemmoraging. Along the lines of how rocket put it: "the biggest danger is the breakdown of society, zombies are for all intents and purposes retarded and so they will never be dangerous when you aren't being swarmed."

So yeah zombies will never be truly "difficult" unless you turn them into X-ray vision, wallhack toting, 1-shotting übercorpses from beyond. Which ofcourse destroys any hope for an authentic feel at all.

Guess what, rocket is gonna make them do even less damage in the SA. Since they are infected human beings and not undead super monsters. A punch doesn't cause you to start hemmoraging. Along the lines of how rocket put it: "the biggest danger is the breakdown of society, zombies are for all intents and purposes retarded and so they will never be dangerous when you aren't being swarmed."

So yeah zombies will never be truly "difficult" unless you turn them into X-ray vision, wallhack toting, 1-shotting übercorpses from beyond. Which ofcourse destroys any hope for an authentic feel at all.

Yeah i see the SA is taking the carebear path($$$) il doubt il buy it at this point.

Yeah i see the SA is taking the carebear path($$$) il doubt il buy it at this point.

I'm sure left4dead3 will have plenty of hard zombie bosses lined up instead.

It's funny how people seem to pull stuff out of thin air and twist Rocket's words to their liking, quoting when it really isn't a quote or taking things completely out of context.

In all the info I've seen from E3 he has always said that Zeds and the Environment will be the threat. People come to these twisted conclusions by obviously not listening or comprehending what they read fully. Much like not reading this thread from the beginning and bitching about the Zeds being nerfed... *sigh*

It's funny how people seem to pull stuff out of thin air and twist Rocket's words to their liking, quoting when it really isn't a quote or taking things completely out of context.

In all the info I've seen from E3 he has always said that Zeds and the Environment will be the threat. People come to these twisted conclusions by obviously not listening or comprehending what they read fully. Much like not reading this thread from the beginning and bitching about the Zeds being nerfed... *sigh*

Nothing has been missquoted or taken out of proportion. This goes back way further than the E3 and is basically literal, Save for the zombie movies he summed up as an example. There's no context to it at all, it is what it is. So before you lecture people on comprehension try working on your own.

Nothing has been missquoted or taken out of proportion. This goes back way further than the E3 and is basically literal, Save for the zombie movies he summed up as an example. There's no context to it at all, it is what it is. So before you lecture people on comprehension try working on your own.

So, if that so called "quote" was actually taken far before E3(which I highly doubt), why would it have any relevance to the SA? When we know that anything said or seen at E3 is what counts. Your response sir, is irrelevant.

Loving this patch so far, good stuff! It's all progress.

Thanks dayz mod dev guys. :D

how about you tell rocket ill buy to copys of dayz IF zombies are like .7 patch and only 1 copy if like 7.1 forget this new patch zombies are RETARDED again no threat.my money where my mouth is

So, if that so called "quote" was actually taken far before E3(which I highly doubt), why would it have any relevance to the SA? When we know that anything said or seen at E3 is what counts. Your response sir, is irrelevant.

If you can't even figure out why that would be relevant to the SA you might want to work on understanding concepts. The fact that you resort to just yelling "not true" instead of elaborating on anything closes the case.

bahh this patch ruined my hopes for a challeging DayZ...

the infection rate should have stayed the same, same thing for spawning without a backpack.

You still spawn without a backpack and you still get infected regularly in 1.7.7.1.

I have no problem with difficult zombies. But when they have what seems like 90% infection rates (Infection should be high, but not as ridiculous as it was), and can hit you from an impossible distance away, and have eyes better than alive humans, then making the zombies hard is the last thing you want to do. That's what leads to games being unplayable. That's why, in the hotfixes, you reduce the zombies until you fix those game-breaking bugs, and then put the zombies back.

It doesn't really matter though. Zombies will always be impractical on the Arma 2 engine. It's just not the right engine for DayZ. Hopefully that'll be fixed with the Standalone

I understand that wild zombie spawning and vehicle zombie spawning were removed for technical reasons. I suggest making these a high priority to fix as it is way too easy to loot crash sites (just park next to heli--zombies can't spawn cause player is too close). Also, the player radar as you approach towns on a vehicle completely removes the feelings of danger I had with 1.7.7 (no zombies = no other players). I am sure that this is well understood. I just wanted to repeat it as this was the biggest disappointment for me with 1.7.7.1.

I have no problem with difficult zombies. But when they have what seems like 90% infection rates (Infection should be high, but not as ridiculous as it was), and can hit you from an impossible distance away, and have eyes better than alive humans, then making the zombies hard is the last thing you want to do. That's what leads to games being unplayable. That's why, in the hotfixes, you reduce the zombies until you fix those game-breaking bugs, and then put the zombies back.

It doesn't really matter though. Zombies will always be impractical on the Arma 2 engine. It's just not the right engine for DayZ. Hopefully that'll be fixed with the Standalone

ok tone it down some fine. ok lagy zombies are not always yours. and have eyes better than alive humans. come on man if you can see them they can see you. then making the zombies hard is the last thing you want to do .WHAT then just play wasteland That's why, in the hotfixes, you reduce the zombies until you fix those game-breaking bugs, and then put the zombies back. are you kidding it just feels like wasteland now. of shit in DRUNK I just want to beat the hell out of people that cry ITS TO HARD WAAAAAAAAAAAA...ROCKET DONT BE A BI%$# ABOUT THE GAME u KNOW Edited by pappy0279

A) Rocket said multiple times at E3 that he wants zombies to be dangerous, and that's reflected in how the SA played during those demo's. They catch players, and tackled them.

B) Zombies that can actually kill people "destroys any hope for an authentic feel at all" for you?

Infection rate was not 90%. Not even close. Also, Zombies are not undead.

Infection rate was not 90%. Not even close. Also, Zombies are not undead.

It was an exaggeration. It was way too high though. That's why I said 'what seems like'.

And it doesn't matter if zombies are not undead. When I go through a forest, outside of LoS from a zombie 150m away, he shouldn't know exactly where I am when I hide from him, not in his view.

ok tone it down some fine. ok lagy zombies are not always yours. and have eyes better than alive humans. come on man if you can see them they can see you. then making the zombies hard is the last thing you want to do .WHAT then just play wasteland That's why, in the hotfixes, you reduce the zombies until you fix those game-breaking bugs, and then put the zombies back. are you kidding it just feels like wasteland now. of shit in DRUNK I just want to beat the hell out of people that cry ITS TO HARD WAAAAAAAAAAAA...ROCKET DONT BE A BI%$# ABOUT THE GAME u KNOW

I barely understood anything you said, but the zombies extreme distance hitting is not lag. It was the result of the patch. I couldn't see the zombies, but they could see me, so already debunked that. And to the rest of your post: you didn't understand me, or didn't read it right

It was an exaggeration. It was way too high though. That's why I said 'what seems like'.

And it doesn't matter if zombies are not undead. When I go through a forest, outside of LoS from a zombie 150m away, he shouldn't know exactly where I am when I hide from him, not in his view.

I barely understood anything you said, but the zombies extreme distance hitting is not lag. It was the result of the patch. I couldn't see the zombies, but they could see me, so already debunked that. And to the rest of your post: you didn't understand me, or didn't read it right

what are you talking about I see every hit /its LAG admit it its ok to die from not knowing where the ZOMBIES are its ok buddy.