r4z0r49

DayZ Mod 1.7.7.1 Hotfix

uhmm?

it was not meant to be a complain.

i even said something along that line i think.

just my feelings during the last patches.

i am not a native english speaker so the wording might be wrong and gave you that impression?

I don't think it was aimed at you specifically, more at some of the others - in fact, I think the issue you raised (disappearing wild zombies) wasn't removed for balance reasons - I think there was some kind of technical/framerate issue with them, so they're fixing that before they bring it back. :)

I don't think it was aimed at you specifically, more at some of the others - in fact, I think the issue you raised (disappearing wild zombies) wasn't removed for balance reasons - I think there was some kind of technical/framerate issue with them, so they're fixing that before they bring it back. :)

i do know that.

that is why i do not complain about anything.

i understand what patches schould/could do and what happens when they hit the real world.

Ok I just feel like an idiot, I cannot get onto almost every server now because they are all running Version 1.62.xxxx I cannot find this version at all, And I don't know how to install this hotfix. I know its stupid but can someone please point me in the right direction? Im using windows Play withSIX.

1.62.xxxxxx is the arma2 beta patch version

1.7.7.1 is the current dayz mod version

you need both to be up to date to play

heres the links for manual download

arma2 beta patch *important* the required patch is 103718 http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

dayzmod 1.7.7.1 http://dayzmod.com/f...od-1771-hotfix/ download the full client files rather than the patch just to be sure.

either download and install maually or just check that you have those versions on play with six.

alternatively you could try using DayZcommander http://www.dayzcommander.com/

most people find it much simpler to use than playwithsix as it is purely for dayz and other dayz mods.

Edited by Fluxley

To my mind, it's because the devs are paying too much attention to the QQing. No matter what the devs do, some people are going to bitch and moan about it, either because it changes a feature they liked, or because they just hate change.

I would like to see a little more self-belief from the dev team and a little bit more of a firm hand - stop trying to be all things to all people and create the game the way THEY see fit - there's a difference between 'listening to the community' and 'listening to the complainers'.

Is it gay to say I love you? The reason it looks like everyone is complaining 90% of the time in ANY game is because the people that enjoy the game are playing it and not setting on the website bitching lol. I agree with you... Fuckem, make the game the way you want to and if they don't like it they can find another game to play, Its not like they bought Dayz mod anyways... it was FREE.

Well i'm lost just now i don't have 100 new posts every time i hit refresh wtf is going on. So what to do with my free time .... hum .... oh yea idle zeds :-)

How about making matches have a limited amount of uses, as well as painkillers and antibiotics having more than one use?

Just a thought! Would really like to see this in the mod. Maybe it isn't possible though.

Edited by GeordieMarv
  • Like 2

I had an issue with 1.7.7, where I could cure my infection by resting in a tent, but if I logged out, I'd be sick again upon coming back in. As a result I was sick the moment I started with 1.7.7.1, and the new 1% cure chance means I've spent several hours resting at my tent and hunting animals to stay alive, with no dice. Do tents actually cure infection or just belay it?

Quoted hoping for answers.

To my mind, it's because the devs are paying too much attention to the QQing. No matter what the devs do, some people are going to bitch and moan about it, either because it changes a feature they liked, or because they just hate change.

I would like to see a little more self-belief from the dev team and a little bit more of a firm hand - stop trying to be all things to all people and create the game the way THEY see fit - there's a difference between 'listening to the community' and 'listening to the complainers'.

if thats the case, people need to speak up and SAY they like the patch, If 90% of posts are negative, but theres a silent majority sitting by enjoying the patch, they should say so

if thats the case, people need to speak up and SAY they like the patch, If 90% of posts are negative, but theres a silent majority sitting by enjoying the patch, they should say so

But it's easier to complain :(

When people like something they just might say "awesome patch!" or just choose the easy silent way because everything is fine. Devs need to remember that there might be the silent majority that enjoy the patch or the game. That exactly happened with the remove of the "easter egg" foods.

• Like 1

True, but you, I, and anyone else out there who's been on the internet more than five minutes know that that isn't the way it works - as someone above me pointed out quite correctly, if folks are enjoying the game, they're in-game playing it, not on here complaining about it.

Look at it this way - how many long-term forum members have been vocally complaining about the 1.7.7 patch? I'm not talking about guys who registered in May and have 10-20 posts or whatever, I'm talking members with 500, 1000, 2000 posts, folks who have been registered on the forum a year or more. The Rage VGs, the Steak and Potatoes, the Hetstaines. These aren't folks who are likely to come on and create the 'ZOMG 1.7.7 sux WTFBBQ' thread for the 100th time and claiming the game's been ruined forever because relatively small changes have been made, even if they absolutely abhor the decisions, they'll take their time, weigh up what they like and don't like, and then explain exactly what they feel is the problem and usually, what they feel will fix it.

Those guys are the voices that are worth listening to, because they're in there, playing the game on a daily basis, and have been doing so for months and months - they're interacting with that community both in-game and in these forums, and what they're feeling is probably going to be an effective barometer for what those invisible players who don't visit here regularly but love the mod anyway are thinking.

Edited by Target Practice
  • Like 2

To me, people are going to come on here when something gets changed that they don't like. It is up to the developers to determine if their claim is one worth listening to.

When someone comes on here and says "THE GAMES 2 HARD BLEH", but gives no further insight into why they think so, or how they should change it, or any examples of it in game, they are not worth paying much attention to, regardless of how many posts they have.

Or if someone comes on saying "yeah I can run past zombies now and they never knock me over, hurt me, or give me infections, I like it!", I trust the developers can still see that is not actually good feedback, even though the player personally liked it.

Or, If someone comes on and explains themselves, gives detailed explanations for his reasoning, and provides in-game or relevant examples, then they should listen, and determine from there.

There is a difference between constructive criticism, and just plain QQing on the internet. There are also good ways to determine a sources credibility. I trust the dev's will understand that,

Edited by NikoGT

Now the big question was it made too easy with the extra checks we have added for the attack system :-(

Sorry to repeat myself, but I think the game is more balanced now, and, despite some minor bugs (zombies sometimes glitching through walls (but less than in 1.7.7), "guarding" the loot, not hitting you properly), this patch is a step in the right direction.

Some bugs (zombies seeing you from miles away, hitting you from 10-20 metres away, spawning close to you; extremely rare loot) have been successfully fixed. Zombies are still a threat. They are more difficult than they were in 1.7.6.1: you can be infected, but the infection chance is lower now (however, you should avoid the viral zeds as they can infect you easily), zombies run a little bit faster than before, but it's easier to lose them, knockdown chance and animation are more realistic, and, like Cadian412 said,

I think this patch is ok in regards to aggro and trying to lose zombies, which 1.7.7 wasn't. And the infection rate is still high enough (although perhaps a little less ridiculous than in 1.7.7) but it's still very hard to cure (so still needs work).

There does seems to be some buggy behaviour in zombies not hitting you properly. But besides that, it's an improvement on 1.7.7.

The wild spawns were just annoying though. I don't really see the benefit of them. Confining zombies to the vicinity of buildings seemed to be working out pretty well imo.

R4Z0R49 & co, thank you for listening to the community and solving most of the problems that were causing headaches (not literally ;) ). :beans: to you

• Like 1

Sorry to repeat myself, but I think the game is more balanced now, and, despite some minor bugs (zombies sometimes glitching through walls (but less than in 1.7.7), "guarding" the loot, not hitting you properly), this patch is a step in the right direction.

Some bugs (zombies seeing you from miles away, hitting you from 10-20 metres away, spawning close to you; extremely rare loot) have been successfully fixed. Zombies are still a threat. They are more difficult than they were in 1.7.6.1: you can be infected, but the infection chance is lower now (however, you should avoid the viral zeds as they can infect you easily), zombies run a little bit faster than before, but it's easier to lose them, knockdown chance and animation are more realistic, and, like Cadian412 said,

R4Z0R49 & co, thank you for listening to the community and solving most of the problems that were causing headaches (not literally ;) ). :beans: to you

To be completely clear, Zombies are not a threat in 1.7.7.1. I think that much should be obvious, based upon this video someone submitted a couple days back:

http://www.twitch.tv/thec1aw/c/2446924

Just as a reminder of how useless the zeds are.

I say this mostly to remind those that think 1.7.7.1 is a good level of difficulty that the devs have said that there is a bug with their attack animations, making it so they don't hit you a lot of the time when they should be. So prepare for harder DayZ to return.

Edited by Zetal
  • Like 2

Or if someone comes on saying "yeah I can run past zombies now and they never knock me over, hurt me, or give me infections, I like it!", I trust the developers can still see that is not actually good feedback, even though the player personally liked it.

think ya might of meant me there lol

if thats the case, i didnt mean i dont take damage etc from zombies = yay. I just meant that i noticed i wasnt taking damage when i was being hit, noting a possible glitch. I like more difficulty from zombies, as before, they were more of an obstacle to run around, in 1.7.7 they were rapists, i found so so many dead bodies everywhere, and not much else lol

I cant say much for zombie damage in the current patch as...i didnt experience it, but my friends said they were losing alot of health alot quicker, so im gonna play tonight and see if i can get test them out fully, then il post my views

I believe some people forget that dayz mod is a testing ground for the standalone, and changes, however drastic are welcome, as the devs can get feedback (if constructive and not just "too hard" or "too easy") to shape together the proper game. so thanks to r4zor and the other devs :)

For what it's worth we've received significantly less complaining from our thousands of customers (server owners) since 1.7.7.1 - mostly because the bugs are fixed I assume.

I personally liked the difficulty in 1.7.7 - perhaps the game needs a 'hard mode' toggle.

Maybe you can tie it in with the arma difficulties (recruit, regular, veteran, expert)

Edited by ersan191
  • Like 1

I personally liked the difficulty in 1.7.7 - perhaps the game needs a 'hard mode' toggle.

Yes
  • Like 1

I can run through 15 buildings and not see 1 piece of loot. Then when I do it will be some empty cans. I noticed somewhere in patch notes it mentioned loot spawn is dependent somehow on FPS. There is certainly no problem with zeds loading.. theyre in abundance.. but loot is nearly nil. The hospital is usually always empty (also causing more kosing, I believe.. for people looking for antibiotics) as are the apartments.

Could this be my issue ? I usually have about 25 ms pings but my FPS is pretty dismal between 15 and 30.

I hope it isnt dependent on the individuals FPS, but didnt fully understand the patch note about it.

people killing each other over antibiotics is kind of one of the game mechanics, beats killing someone "just cause"

• Like 1

This is a problem I have had for many months of playing if I enter an area to fast then nothing has time to spawn or it loads you in to late and treats you as if you have just logged in and removes the loot .Long ago I realised that I must linger on the outskirts of the area I wish to enter then approach at crouch walk....this has proved to be a good thing as I suspect it has saved my life many times rather than just rushing in:D

To be completely clear, Zombies are not a threat in 1.7.7.1. I think that much should be obvious, based upon this video someone submitted a couple days back:

http://www.twitch.tv/thec1aw/c/2446924

Just as a reminder of how useless the zeds are.

He's lost most of his health, is bleeding, and it's a miracle he wasn't infected.

"Useless", uhu.

There's apparantly a bug with zombies hitting, but what do you expect? Instant kill on every hit?

I can run through 15 buildings and not see 1 piece of loot. Then when I do it will be some empty cans. I noticed somewhere in patch notes it mentioned loot spawn is dependent somehow on FPS. There is certainly no problem with zeds loading.. theyre in abundance.. but loot is nearly nil. The hospital is usually always empty (also causing more kosing, I believe.. for people looking for antibiotics) as are the apartments.

Are you playing on a server with lots of others and are you looking in the cities? Try going elsewhere.

Edited by Cadian412
  • Like 1

He's lost most of his health, is bleeding, and it's a miracle he wasn't infected.

"Useless", uhu.

There's apparantly a bug with zombies hitting, but what do you expect? Instant kill on every hit?

He started recording at lower than half of his blood. It took until the end of the video to get down to a fourth- and none of those hits triggered bleeding, infection, or knockdown. So yes, useless.

He's bleeding, watch the actual video or shut up.

The very last hit, after 1:37 of getting hit by zombies, makes him bleed. Ie, the end of the video. See what I mean?

He started recording at lower than half of his blood. It took until the end of the video to get down to a fourth- and none of those hits triggered bleeding, infection, or knockdown. So yes, useless.

Notice he only allowed each one to get a first hit. It's possible the code doesn't give infection or hard damage on a zeds first attack before you flee. A real test would have gone 1 to 1 with a zed and not run around in circles. Of course I've never read the code, but I don't think you can call what he's doing a conclusive test.