r4z0r49

DayZ Mod 1.7.7.1 Hotfix

don't implement more antibiotics please

yes you die often now

deal with it or play better :D

To be honest i agree with this, the way it is now is great the zombies are more of a threat than they have ever been, that's how iv'e always treated the zombies, they are the main threat to me when i play.

Edited by Crazy one

To be honest i agree with this, the way it is now is great the zombies are more of a threat than they have ever been, that's how iv'e always treated the zombies, they are the main threat to me when i play.

I have to disagree with you. If they implement the wild spawning zeds we're going to need more antibiotics.

I have to disagree with you. If they implement the wild spawning zeds we're going to need more antibiotics.

Why do you feel that it is the duty of the gamemaker to enable you to live forever without any risk?

Especially wild spawning zeds are no problem by the way. You shouldn't blindly walk around in the first place and in the wild Zs are easy to lose.

That's precisely what I'm saying. It's a balancing mechanic that makes players either be equipped to fight zombies, or fight players. Now if only Zombies were a threat- then it might do something.

There is nothing in this game inteded to "balance". It's simply limitations on the item slots from the ArmA II engine. If the engine would let us we should even be able to just use our weapon as a blunt striking object.

Or we are going to have to be more careful not to aggro them, stop find a route around them, or run like hell into woods to avoid them, so far my character is 10 days old, no good gear only basics no antibiotics iv'e been able to avoid wild zeds because i use my eyes and wits and a little bit of panic, and i still haven't been infected or found antibiotics.

To be honest i'm loving this update it turns up the difficulty thus making me play more cautious as though my life depends on it.(OH! wait my life does depend on it) and that's how it should be.

Or we are going to have to be more careful not to aggro them, stop find a route around them, or run like hell into woods to avoid them, so far my character is 10 days old, no good gear only basics no antibiotics iv'e been able to avoid wild zeds because i use my eyes and wits and a little bit of panic, and i still haven't been infected or found antibiotics.

To be honest i'm loving this update it turns up the difficulty thus making me play more cautious as though my life depends on it.(OH! wait my life does depend on it) and that's how it should be.

My character had been alive for 10 days as well before it was sadly ended by a hacker. During that period of time I'd been infected about 4 times simply because I don't find it fun just to run around looking for food and drink. I want some action and therefore me and my friend loot the NWAF, Stary Sobor, Vybor, Berezino etc. for tents, backpacks, guns and vehicle parts. I.e. we play a high risk game and so it would be nice to be able to have some place where we won't really have to worry about getting infected, that is where the wild and our camp offers a sanctuary.

So, if you don't want to run around on your own just looking for food and drink then wild spawning zeds will become more of a nuisance than they already are. You get infected simply by them looking at you the wrong way (or so it feels), they aggro through solid walls when you're making no noise in the middle of the night and they're glitchy like hell which make them very difficult to kill unless you're wielding a melee weapon inside a huge barn. Being forced to use a melee weapon while looting previously mentioned locations make life quite difficult. Either you use a main firearm of choice, making zed killing almost impossible and will most definitely end up with you getting infected, or you use a melee weapon which will give you no chance against other survivors.

Not everyone is playing the game like you, if they implement wild spawning zeds that are as glitchy and infectuous as they are right now, they will have to make antibiotics less rare and probably give them a higher chance to spawn away from hospitals.

• Like 1

My character had been alive for 10 days as well before it was sadly ended by a hacker. During that period of time I'd been infected about 4 times simply because I don't find it fun just to run around looking for food and drink. I want some action and therefore me and my friend loot the NWAF, Stary Sobor, Vybor, Berezino etc. for tents, backpacks, guns and vehicle parts. I.e. we play a high risk game and so it would be nice to be able to have some place where we won't really have to worry about getting infected, that is where the wild and our camp offers a sanctuary.

So, if you don't want to run around on your own just looking for food and drink then wild spawning zeds will become more of a nuisance than they already are. You get infected simply by them looking at you the wrong way (or so it feels), they aggro through solid walls when you're making no noise in the middle of the night and they're glitchy like hell which make them very difficult to kill unless you're wielding a melee weapon inside a huge barn. Being forced to use a melee weapon while looting previously mentioned locations make life quite difficult. Either you use a main firearm of choice, making zed killing almost impossible and will most definitely end up with you getting infected, or you use a melee weapon which will give you no chance against other survivors.

Not everyone is playing the game like you, if they implement wild spawning zeds that are as glitchy and infectuous as they are right now, they will have to make antibiotics less rare and probably give them a higher chance to spawn away from hospitals.

They should keep wild spawning zeds out of the mod. Only the SA should have zeds in the wild that have wandered there. The problem is client side spawning. I can keep my eyes peeled all I want but when the game keeps throwing them infront of me like ghosts then it just doesn't make any sense. They're zombies not spectres.

Edited by HazZarD87

Wild zeds should make comeback. The most annoying thing now is that the viral zeds got some super senses. Sometimes they aggro when they're looking at the opposite direction and it has been those times I've get infected/died.

• Like 2

Very nice! Wish I could contribute some to the Development!  

We are testing a new wild zed system that isn't controlled by clients.

@Jimmy, Did you got to close ? Did another zed spot you and call to others?

https://github.com/DayZMod/DayZ-Source/blob/Release_1.7.7.1/SQF/dayz_code/compile/player_zombieCheck.sqf#L97.

I was crawling 10m behind the viral zombie on the grass and the other zombies aggroed after him or when I started to shoot it. I think I have to test this more but I remember two times when zed has aggroed when I have been behind and both of the times it has been viral zed. There wasn't other zeds aggroed before. I remember that those times the viral zed made a quick warp turn and was heading towards me pretty quickly and I haven't seen that with normal zeds. I think I'll test this more today.

Still pending approval

I approve it.

* [uPDATED] - Gear menu carry slot now active to quick switch to/from melee weapons.

* [uPDATED] - Quick switch now has action menu swapping.

Especially if this works on all primary weapons, such as the ACE mod. One primary weapon carried, one primary weapon on the back. Is this the function, or does it only work for Melee weapons? Either way it's an improvement, but it'd be nice to carry two primaries without having to use pack space.

Edited by PhillyJoker

How close behind ? 

Happened to me ,too. I was a few days ago in elektro as a fresh spawn and was crouching through a industrial district between containers and somehow a viral zed managed to aggro when he was looking in the opposite direction. I checked if there were any other zeds in my line of sight, but there were none..

How close behind ? 

Didn't get that reaction when I tested yesterday couple of times so it's random :/ Is there a possibility that zeds can sometimes see behind because their head is in weird (zombie like) position?

I know that if you get very close the zed "attacks" you but doesn't do damage and doesn't really see you.

Edited by St. Jimmy

* [uPDATED] - Gear menu carry slot now active to quick switch to/from melee weapons.

My day, you just made it :thumbsup:

one situation

when you kill a zombie, on the entrence or on stairs, you cant cross over him, you have to wait like 2-3 sec then you can

thats becoming very annoying, at least to me,

is there any chance that it will be fixed in next patch or two?
  • Like 2