gibonez

Get rid of chernarus.

Never said City.

I was thinking a small town somewhere in middle America.

Reason is whenever something is mentioned or considered the setting of the game is always taken into account.

Often times because of authenticity the idea is rejected because it would not fit with the setting.

This as you can see greatly diminishes the potential of the final product.

Most importantly though MOST of us are sick and tired of the same map.

I think this would be amazing. I've always wondered why games don't recreate small towns in great detail as opposed to making sub par versions of large cities. GTA is the only game that has come close to doing large cities justice. Unfortunately I'm a little bored with that series.

It would be boring, all small towns/cities in the US are pretty much the same thing, the only thing that is different are the landmarks and stuff, but everything zombie related is cliche if it happens in the US, think of another country people! Americans are not the only people that has guns all over the place.

The biggest reason I play DayZ is the setting and atmosphere .

The game is buggy as hell , loaded with hackers , and now its impossible to play somewhere decent with no sidechat or a bazillion vehicles and guns enabled .

If it was set in ( god forbid ) America , it would have been stale and boring and of no interest at all .

Terrible idea , in my opinion .

I also think that if you're playing the game for the weapons ( which by your post it seems to indicate you are ) you're approaching this game with a very shallow view .

Only a typically arrogant and overly patriotic American would make a post like this , there I said it .

Blah, blah, blah... Americans are the only safe group of people left to pick on. Everyone else has become so thin skinned. Like we're the only patriotic country on earth. We just have an "every loud mouth should be heard" policy.

Having it set to Eastern Europe greatly hinders the types and number of weapons that could be included in the game.

I propose they work on a new map for the final release set somewhere in Middle America.

'Murica.

But seriously, no, I like the flavour of Chernarus, it's a very well thought-out map wth a lot of character. I like the weapons that could realistically be found there, too.

I don't think the map should be based around the weapons. Other way round.

• Like 2

Never said City.

I was thinking a small town somewhere in middle America.

Reason is whenever something is mentioned or considered the setting of the game is always taken into account.

Often times because of authenticity the idea is rejected because it would not fit with the setting.

This as you can see greatly diminishes the potential of the final product.

Most importantly though MOST of us are sick and tired of the same map.

If you don't like Chernarus than you will just have to deal with it because so many people love Chernarus.

'Murica.

But seriously, no, I like the flavour of Chernarus, it's a very well thought-out map wth a lot of character. I like the weapons that could realistically be found there, too.

I don't think the map should be based around the weapons. Other way round.

I never really got this out of you; but do you still think some sub-ordinary weapons should appear in the SA or would you be more content if all of them were made in eastern soviet-bloc countries and Russia itself, with few exceptions?

I never really got this out of you; but do you still think some sub-ordinary weapons should appear in the SA or would you be more content if all of them were made in eastern soviet-bloc countries and Russia itself, with few exceptions?

Depends on the weapon in question... as long as it's not "silly" (ie Desert Eagle, AA-12 or S&W500) and as long as I don't think it's out of place (ie M1 Garand, SA80, Winchester 1887) I shouldn't have a problem with it. Also if there's a similar or identical local variant of something I'd prefer that, after all, why not? I don't necessarily think every single weapon needs to have come from the former Warsaw Pact countries.

Edited by Gews

Depends on the weapon in question... as long as it's not "silly" (ie Desert Eagle, AA-12 or S&W500) and as long as I don't think it's out of place (ie M1 Garand, SA80, Winchester 1887) I shouldn't have a problem with it. Also if there's a similar or identical local variant of something I'd prefer that, after all, why not? I don't necessarily think every single weapon needs to have come from the former Warsaw Pact countries.

It's really just all me trying to narrow it down that you are not looking for an M14 or even an M1A?

Middle of america? How would you close off the edges of the map?

It's really just all me trying to narrow it down that you are not looking for an M14 or even an M1A?

Me personally? Not an M14, definitely not an M1A, I suspect the civilian version would be less common if anything. Reasoning is that if they're going to put in one or two classic Western 7.62 battle rifles, it should be the FAL, followed by the G3. For me it's just not plausible to see M14s in the hands of Chernarussians.

• Like 1

holy...again it all turns out to be a "i want that and that weapon in the game"....

@OP you want a NEW map because you want more FAMILIAR weapons? or do you mean the weapons like in COD or BF?

:huh:

Yes after investing at least 6 months in the advancement of Chernarus lets completley bin that map on the brink of SA alpha release. :thumbsup:

Edited by R9Rsc68avHbs
  • Like 1

Middle of america? How would you close off the edges of the map?

Debug desert.

• Like 2

While Chernarus is a wonderful map its setting in Easter Europe diminishes the potential of stand alone.

Having it set to Eastern Europe greatly hinders the types and number of weapons that could be included in the game.

I propose they work on a new map for the final release set somewhere in Middle America.

This would greatly increase the variety of weapons and vehicles possible in the final product.

Use chernarus during the alpha and beta as a placeholder and when retail comes out use the new American set map.

No, Chernarus is a map we all got used to and we all love.

I love it myself, and I do not want to see it go. Plus they put so much work on it to let it go now? No.

Just wait for the game to release and it will have more maps along the way.

I said the final game. Not the alpha.

Test the alpha , beta in cherno as a placeholder.

Release the final product in a whole new map so people have a new experience.

Chernarus*

And why remove it? Fuck a new map, this map made what DayZ is.

Rocket mentioned that a potential successor - years from now obviously - most likely would take place in a different part of the world. As for the current SA its just not going to happen. No point in pursuing this any further.

Easter Europe diminishes the potential of stand alone...

This would greatly increase the variety of weapons and vehicles possible in the final product.

69497e3407346e27fead91cbd5f44d97.jpeg

No no no and no! Why usa? its everywhere in videogames! No! I love chernarus, if you want a post apocalyptic and immersive map, a post sovieta nation is the perfect choise! (also the industrial zone of my city is a good post apocalyptic place XD ).

Lack of guns uh? Well, its a post soviet state! Maybe you cant find an atmic bomb in an house, but there are a lot of military zones filled with weapons (soviet union had the most great army industry of all times). ANd think about the "civilian weapons" like haunting rifles and remnants of war.

And for vehicles: I prefer a shitty trabant, or an ural rather than a "fuckyeahhummer"

Edited by Edoissimo
  • Like 2

While Chernarus is a wonderful map its setting in Easter Europe diminishes the potential of stand alone.

Use chernarus during the alpha and beta as a placeholder and when retail comes out use the new American set map.

You pay for it maybe they will make you one...only takes a couple of years.

• Like 1

Middle America.

oDRo3D1.jpg

Obviously you've never actually traveled to the midwest.

EDIT: And if you're really from Chicago, I hope you realize that it is considered Middle America. I'm from downstate by the way.

Edited by DrGonzo