Sign in to follow this  
-Gews-

New handgun damages need changing

For various reasons I'm not a fan of the new .45 ACP = 4500 damage, 9x18 = 2000 damage, but whatever. I'll put that aside...

Why does the freaking Makarov do 2,000 damage while the 9x19mm pistols do 889?

A 9x19 is significantly more powerful than a puny Mak!

Bump all the 9x19 pistols as well, at the very least to 2,000 damage / hit = 6, preferably closer to hit = 7.

This is intolerable!

• Like 6

I totally agree, the mak is a little more over powered now. I get killed by that more then i use to, and its starting to annoy me abit

Really?

I thought the damages were around 1000-2000 a shot not that powerful

Phew!

yes all pistols need to be upgraded not just 2 of them

While I am very happy with the 4k blood damage of the Revolver the makarov should do around 1k while the m9/G17 should do around 2k

• Like 1

Really?

I thought the damages were around 1000-2000 a shot not that powerful

Phew!

yes all pistols need to be upgraded not just 2 of them

While I am very happy with the 4k blood damage of the Revolver the makarov should do around 1k while the m9/G17 should do around 2k

I'd like this idea, make revolver a little more rare also though.

• Like 1

These are the old pre-patch Bohemia Interactive damage values... they were patched for a reason.

Pre-patch damages:

.45 ACP = 100%

9x19mm = 31 %

Makarov = 44%

Revised post-patch damages:

.45 ACP = 100%

9x19mm = 64%

Makarov = 64%

New DayZ damages:

.45 ACP = 100%

9x19mm = 20%

Makarov = 44%

Does that last one make sense? Not to me it doesn't... neither does the first. 9x19 should be doing 2500-2800 with the new DayZ patch.

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease R4Z0R, bump the 9x19, and not to pre-patch damages either. To the same or higher than the Makarov.

9x18 Mak: 95gr FMJ 1,050 ft/s

9x19 Para +P: 115gr FMJ, 1300 ft/s

9x19 Para: 124gr FMJ, 1100-1200 ft/s

9x19 Para: 147 gr FMJ, 1000 ft/s

Edited by Gews

You have to realize though , They are guns. Not BB guns. A makarov can kill someone in one shot. I think they should just make it to where how close you are depends on the damage the bullet will do

• Like 2

You have to realize though , They are guns. Not BB guns. A makarov can kill someone in one shot. I think they should just make it to where how close you are depends on the damage the bullet will do

Yes, I'm not complaining about the damages being bumped, I'm complaining about the 9x19 damage being left "unbumped". It should be somewhere in between the 9x18 and the .45 ACP.

Yes, I'm not complaining about the damages being bumped, I'm complaining about the 9x19 damage being left "unbumped". It should be somewhere in between the 9x18 and the .45 ACP.

We all know that most these guns will kill a guy in one or two shootst in real life.This is a game though and that would ruin it. As he said he wants everything raised, not just a few selected guns

We all know that most these guns will kill a guy in one or two shootst in real life.This is a game though and that would ruin it. As he said he wants everything raised, not just a few selected guns

Well, I think there is a lot of misinformation and not enough information surrounding guns and their real-life damage. And I`m no better informed than anyone else, but there was a thread on gun damage a while ago and plenty of posts saying bullets can kill as slowly as they can quickly. I saw someone say that the average amount of rounds it takes to immediately kill a person with an M4 is around 7 (Don`t quote me on it, though). But a big factor in bullets is where it hits you, not necessarily how many times you are hit. You could be shot ten times in the leg with a carbine and live, but hit an artery and you`re pretty much finished. I still say we need to do away with these simple hitpoints and get a more advanced and intuitive health system (And it seems like that`s what`s happening in the standalone, so yay).

But in the meantime, Gews you are absolutely correct, those guns should be buffed along with the others. I haven`t really noticed since I`ve only killed one person since the patch, and with a headshot.

...Wait, so do the .45 rounds do more damage than 5.45 rounds now? That can't be right.

• Like 1

That's why they nerfed it to begin with.

CAN'T WE JUST HAVE NORMAL ARMA HITPOINTS

To make room for bleeding, knockout and other effects like that. Bleeding wouldn't be a threat if you didn't have enough blood to lose.

Well it would, guns would just be a lot more of a threat... like they should be. Getting shot and bleeding would just be a much more urgent issue, instead of "Oh, I got shot... Whatever, keep driving. I'll be fine until we make it up north."

Or, you could slow down bleeding damage, but have more side effects of blood loss, such as dizziness and not being able to stand.

This way, being shot ONCE would be a big deal, unlike how it is now.

• Like 1

I never realized the Makarov would become such an overpowered weapon.. Sure has escalated quickly. :P

I think it just needs to be slightly decreased for it's damage for it's rate of fire into consideration. I would say about 45% decrease as of now? Which is 900 damage per shot average.

EDIT: Only problem is that we have to take the blood count into this factor as well.. 900 damage is about 13 shots to kill someone. That doesn't sound right.. Maybe at least 7-8?

Edited by TIC321

9x19 pistols should do 2000 damage, while Makarov should do a little less.. Maybe around 1700?

My only suggestion would be for them to keep the normal character hit points and damage ArmA 2 has... They are arleady good enough and then place their health system above it.

• Like 1

Lol what? I've never been attacked by a player with a pistol. It's always been an AKM or FAL, never a sidearm. Have been attacked by a player with a hatchet though. He ate lead though so its okay.

Edited by Applejacc

Lol what? I've never been attacked by a player with a pistol. It's always been an AKM or FAL, never a sidearm. Have been attacked by a player with a hatchet though. He ate lead though so its okay.

I have been attacked by a guy with a pistol ( M9 ) at point blank range ( i just wanted to exit the brush with a mate and he came in so we met at the edge )...to his terror he was facing one guy with an M14 and another one with a FAL and had 20 bullet holes afterwards / he shot about less than half a second before me and i actually didn't plan actually had in mind to shoot him. Didn't matter to me since he was a bandit anyway.

I once killed a guy with a shotgun with my M9. I didn't get a headshot, but I emptied the whole mag in his chest pretty quickly. Adrenaline kicked in fast.

I'm not saying it never happens, I'm just saying it doesn't seem to happen a lot. Pistols should be median between killing zombies and players. More to the zombies it seems as they are great for headshots and if they are your only firearm then it's mainly protection against players.

Note this isn't just for handguns, this also affects the MP5... the Bizon has 64 rounds of 2,000 damage per mag (128,000 total) while the MP5 only has 30 rounds of 889 damage per mag (26,670). Unrealistic (and unbalanced, for those that care about such things)...

Personally I'm not sure why DayZ went back to the old ArmA values...

If you're going to change the damage for certain ammunition, you may as well try to make a good job of it. There's no need to stick with the old, incorrect values.

If I had to make a split second decision, I'd make the 9x19 do about 75-80% of the .45 damage, and the Makarov would do 50-60%.

Edited by Gews

Gews, have you tried them in game yet? i was testing the m1911 and makarov out earlier and they didnt seem any different to normal, to kill a zed took about 6-7 body shots with the makarov and 4-5 with m1911,

I checked the code and what you say is right but the in game results are different for some reason.

Look Gews

As long as we do not go back down to the 689 or 988 blood damage everything that wasn't a shotty/sniper/AR im fine

Just lets not get the new revolver damage nerfed that's all im asking