NozRee

Dayz SA only 150 People allowed in Open alpha? is it true?

I think they should send it to the people with high end computers for they will be more dedicated to test the game in most cases.

Nonsense. My PC is not a great rig but how does that affect my dedication?

Pure tosh.

If these YouTube "celebrities" do not cite any reliable sources for their claims (a la Rhinocrunch) then you are perfectly well within your right to call them out. And if they can't or won't provide a reliable source then they are talking out of their ass.

Anyone can have an opinion. Tbh the only reliable sources we have are the Devs - anyone else is just speculating.

• Like 2

I believe the only person being let in Alpha is me for I am a Doctor and Doctors get first pick... scrubs.

Having a high-end PC shows dedication to PC gaming, so +1 for initial SA release hardware check. As a bonus high-end PC generally indicates income and a level of maturity, so there will be less whining

from 12 y/o.

i guess he got confused with the max. players on a server. and this was said to be 100 - 150. this actually makes some sense.

I think they should send it to the people with high end computers for they will be more dedicated to test the game in most cases.

dat logic

Having a high-end PC shows dedication to PC gaming, so +1 for initial SA release hardware check. As a bonus high-end PC generally indicates income and a level of maturity, so there will be less whining

from 12 y/o.

So much logic

Edited by Inception.
  • Like 1

This talk of "give the well known streamers and youtubers the game first" is called playing favorites

And makes me scream out like the drunken Demo from TF2

YOU THINK YOUR BETTER THAN ME!

Edited by leviski
  • Like 1

This talk of "give the well known streamers and youtubers the game first" is called playing favorites

I dunno about that....

Personally i would call it "Good Marketing"....

But thats just me... And i have been known to be wrong sometimes :blink:

I dunno about that....

Personally i would call it "Good Marketing"....

But thats just me... And i have been known to be wrong sometimes :blink:

good marketing? and what if some of them turn out to be "RC-esque"? MARKETING MY A** then! ;)

from 12 y/o.

And I'm guessing you tick those boxes!

nah we'll still get young people with ultra rigs a 13 year old came on this forum claiming to have a gtx 690.

from 12 y/o.

18+

from 12 y/o.

Some people who are mature and have income have to spend that money on more important things in life than a high end PC.

I think the SA should include an initial hardware check though, purely just to help the Dev's optimise the game and get feedback and which person experiences what with which hardware.

I just watched ... 'His' .. video, and this is why you never go by any source than the official source or hear the words come from Rockets mouth himself. This is almost a pointless discussion to an extent. The public alpha will be open to everyone, as someone else mentioned the servers might be up to 150 players, but there will not be a limit to the amount of people who can play. Not sure were Frankie got such information but I'm 99.9% confident it's false.

Also, LoL at the people who stole a seriously old Dev build. Thats why there are such builds known as 'Stable' builds. Some people are just desperate..

Some people who are mature and have income have to spend that money on more important things in life than a high end PC.

Exactly my point. This is what "dedication" actually means, maybe you have more important things in life, I'm not here to pass moral judgement and expect same in return. But it still means you are nor dedicated enough, nothing wrong with that, just IMHO "people with more important things in life" should not be on the initial alpha players list.

from 12 y/o.

Please check the Can I Run It? topic for 'hai guize, I'm 12 can my 3770k and dual-690s run DayZ?' posts. Also, I think testing on a wide variety of hardware to find issues is important.

I think testing on a wide variety of hardware to find issues is important.

I think that's one of the main points of testing. Limiting it to high-end rigs would be a pointless excercise.

Edited by Fraggle
  • Like 1

its simple these big youtubers build the hype they give the game free massive marketing.

so obvoiusly they will have early access and info. hes probably got the nod to say he has access . its a big of a seesaw thing though as if its public the NDA probably doesnt stand i dont know as ive not read the Nda description as to whether hes allowed to talk about whether hes in or out.

i guess with the coverage he gets on his videos i guess theyll turn a blind eye as it benefits dayz.

lok forward to june and as i said for last few months it would be june :)

would love to get in been constantly on dayz since it started and have kept playing it nonstop but i guess unless you someone behind the scenes this isnt going to happen for many.

from 12 y/o.

jlvngGi.jpg

These post's were asking for it.

Edited by burritoman259
  • Like 1

Exactly my point. This is what "dedication" actually means, maybe you have more important things in life, I'm not here to pass moral judgement and expect same in return. But it still means you are nor dedicated enough, nothing wrong with that, just IMHO "people with more important things in life" should not be on the initial alpha players list.

I can understand were your coming through, but there are gamers out there who can't afford the hardware but still spend hours upon hours playing their favourite games. My friend who I play with is a spec on my radar when we compare systems. His on some bog standard laptop were as I play on a high-end PC built myself. Yet you'd still find him playing every day/night on DayZ.

Yeah those who love PC gaming do end up building their own most of the time, on various budgets. I hit 650 hours (Counted on Steam) on ArmA2:OA last night. Thats a combination of the core game, DayZ, and wasteland. But most of that, maybe around 400 hours or so, is DayZ. Which is also across two PC's, one crappy and my new one.

At the end of the day, those who sparked the popularity of DayZ like Frankie, JackFrags, The Squad (Sacriel, Oshi7, etc..) will be the ones rewarded. Without YouTube and Twitch, DayZ would be no where near the popularity level it is now. As an example, I watch Sacriel and The Squad a lot on Twitch. Sacriel hits about 3,000+ viewers per night. Thats 21,000 views a week. Thats exposure.

• Like 3

Some solid standalone footage will help ease the impatience waiting for the standalone.

A few days ago I was somewhat complaining about the release date, but now I regret that strongly. Wasn't thinking straight then. :\

Anyway, they should keep track of players' hardware to determine better ways to optimize the game to its fullest extent. However, anybody should be allowed to play regardless of specs.

• Like 2

hmm this is news to me.....well that,s fine as long as they don,t have many bugs and the game is optimized I can wait till the holidays if need be.

By the way I hate how people are saying that they have to pay for dayz twice with standalone even though they never paid for dayz just for arma2,If you watch frankie then it makes you go into dayz withdrawal till you play.Then you notice that frankie is much better then you at the game and that is not a pick up and play game, and then they wine that they have to buy the more easy to learn standalone.

So if you got the mod and don,t want to pay for stand alone it is your own fault

its simple these big youtubers build the hype they give the game free massive marketing.

so obvoiusly they will have early access and info. hes probably got the nod to say he has access . its a big of a seesaw thing though as if its public the NDA probably doesnt stand i dont know as ive not read the Nda description as to whether hes allowed to talk about whether hes in or out.

i guess with the coverage he gets on his videos i guess theyll turn a blind eye as it benefits dayz.

would love to get in been constantly on dayz since it started and have kept playing it nonstop but i guess unless you someone behind the scenes this isnt going to happen for many.

the nda does not state if they are allowed to say if they are participating. only that they are not allowed to copy/redistribute etc etc and they can take away access as they see fit that sort of thing

Anyway, they should keep track of players' hardware to determine better ways to optimize the game to its fullest extent. However, anybody should be allowed to play regardless of specs.

your correct may different specs should be included as this will bring any issues to light before the release to public

They picked me !! they picked me!!! im in!!!!!! WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

YEHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!

YIP[PPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

oh no wait.. hold on thats something else.

• Like 3

If Frankie didn't get in the Alpha I'd be the happiest little camper, free nudes for everyone!

They picked me !! they picked me!!! im in!!!!!! WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

YEHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!

YIP[PPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

oh no wait.. hold on thats something else.

congrats! you now offically her father? ;)

Edited by joe_mcentire
  • Like 1