mattlightfoot

E3 and our attendance

But.... Rhinocrunch.

What about him? His popularity compared to those such as Total Biscut, is nill. Most people will write him off as a quack.

Quite frankly, we ignore him just like ignore all the others, because in our case, we actually do have proof that we have a good game and not a quick get rich scam.

I feel like a milltary advisor right now....o.O

just stop talkin about THAT guy

dont even mention him, thats the best solution

• Like 1

I have to agree here. Shouting "it's an alpha you noob" isn't going to help anything. We need to ignore the trolls and help those that actually need it. Getting into flamewars and throwing around the term "alpha" in every other post isn't going to accomplish anything. (especially if they don't understand what alpha means)

There should be a PSA to all current forum users and Redditors on how to act when they see a ignorant consumer. Kind of like the posters you see in areas where there are bears.

I have received an order from Comrade General Rocket via telegraph

The next person to bring up quadrupedal animals with 1-2 horns is to be called a troll feeder and will not receive their daily rations of beans as a result. :emptycan:

You hear that comrades!! Don't talk about four legged animals with horns!! Or face the consquences!

• Like 1

Yeah that about sums up the general fanatics of both sides these days for any game. E.e

Halo Reach had it bad. Those forums were a disaster. Back then everyone and their mother raged about armor lock hahaha!!

Halo Reach had it bad. Those forums were a disaster. Back then everyone and their mother raged about armor lock hahaha!!

Bioware forums are the worst, but they can be a goldmine if you are looking for a laugh.

I've seen some of the most ignorant posts short of YouTube on there, and they have some very draconian moderation if you have issues with their games.

Ojk3EK8.jpg

wJ788U3.jpg

DZ25zh4.jpg

Edited by Grief.exe

E3 sucks, all the cool kids go to Eurogamer.

Please come to Eurogamer.

• Like 2

I've got some questions...

Can someone please explain me the deeper meaning of "alpha" ...does it mean we do not get a proper font for the inventory :o and no vehicles right from the start ?

Why do they not use the Arma 3 engine.

Will it still be Chernarus or a new map in the SA ??

I've got some questions...

Can someone please explain me the deeper meaning of "alpha" ...does it mean we do not get a proper font for the inventory :o and no vehicles right from the start ?

Why do they not use the Arma 3 engine.

Will it still be Chernarus or a new map in the SA ??

Well I'm an Alpha :)

What is meant by an alpha in case of development is what you can read here, its probably too much to explain it good in my bad english, and also you get more information about the other stages in development http://en.wikipedia....ease_life_cycle

In the SA there will be an "overhauled" Chernarus (new things to find and explore, some changes in towns etc. just search the forum here for more information, everything is said more than often enough :) ), later we may get a new map.

Edited by AlphaX
  • Like 3

Gamers of today are in a very privileged position. I'm old enough to remember when on-line games didn't exist, and the ones that tried were poor at best. So many people moan that they are playing an alpha version of a game and that the game is filled with bugs; they miss the point.

You're privileged to be able to play the alpha/beta version of the game that you adore, so that you can help construct the game and move it forward. You're able to say what doesn't work, and what you would like to be added. You're able to spot bugs so that they get ironed out before launch. Cherish and respect that. I remember the days when you strolled to the local shop and simply had to search through a variety of games in cardboard boxes on the shelves, in the hope that your chosen game was good and not riddled with bugs; what you saw was what you got.

When DayZ is released and you have the chance of purchasing it at a low cost, don't moan about the bugs and don't moan about the lack of features. Suggest ways in which the game can grow, so that we can all enjoy a better experience. And finally, be patient; a beta version of the game will not be the finished product. MANY more features will be added in due course.

However, having said all of that, roll on the /alpha/beta release of DayZ and watch a ton of people moan, and moan, and moan. Kids are very lucky yet they abuse many privileges that us older games didn't have years ago.

• Like 4

Whats going on here, children back to class! Im reporting u to Mr Lightfoot, his cane is ready

thats-a-paddlin-30027.jpg

Edited by Razgriz Berkut

You're privileged to be able to play the alpha/beta version of the game that you adore, so that you can help construct the game and move it forward. You're able to say what doesn't work, and what you would like to be added. You're able to spot bugs so that they get ironed out before launch. Cherish and respect that. I remember the days when you strolled to the local shop and simply had to search through a variety of games in cardboard boxes on the shelves, in the hope that your chosen game was good and not riddled with bugs; what you saw was what you got.

Wow, Mr. Mouse... you sound really old. Was that like back in the 60's when you had to buy PC games in cardboard boxes? :blink:

You are correct, tho.

Edited by codestargod

So does the current build still lag like fuck when you enter a city? Like the leaked builds?

Well I'm an Alpha :)

What is meant by an alpha in case of development is what you can read here, its probably too much to explain it good in my bad english, and also you get more information about the other stages in development http://en.wikipedia....ease_life_cycle

In the SA there will be an "overhauled" Chernarus (new things to find and explore, some changes in towns etc. just search the forum here for more information, everything is said more than often enough :) ), later we may get a new map.

this was a test ....well done :)

you will be the one guarding the forum gates after DayZ SA Alpha has been released and calm down the rhinowhino hordes :D bombarding us with the same stupid questions again and again

• Like 4

Wow, Mr. Mouse... you sound really old. Was that like back in the 60's when you had to buy PC games in cardboard boxes? :blink:

You are correct, tho.

You don't have to be "old" to remember those days. The Internet as we know it hasn't even been around for 20 years. Broadband wasn't common until the 2000's. If you wanted to research a game before you bought it, you had to read the box or wait for your monthly subscription of GamePro to arrive in the mail. If you were lucky, your friend already had it and you could try it out to see if you liked it. That was it. There were no web reviews, no YouTube videos, and definitely no demos to download.

The kids growing up now are definitely spoiled when it comes to games.

Gamers of today are in a very privileged position. I'm old enough to remember when on-line games didn't exist, and the ones that tried were poor at best. So many people moan that they are playing an alpha version of a game and that the game is filled with bugs; they miss the point.

When DayZ is released and you have the chance of purchasing it at a low cost, don't moan about the bugs and don't moan about the lack of features. Suggest ways in which the game can grow, so that we can all enjoy a better experience. And finally, be patient; a beta version of the game will not be the finished product. MANY more features will be added in due course.

However, having said all of that, roll on the /alpha/beta release of DayZ and watch a ton of people moan, and moan, and moan. Kids are very lucky yet they abuse many privileges that us older games didn't have years ago.

Well said Mr Mouse, have some cheese on me.

You are correct, tho.

good old times :)

• Like 1

this was a test ....well done :)

you will be the one guarding the forum gates after DayZ SA Alpha has been released and calm down the rhinowhino hordes :D bombarding us with the same stupid questions again and again

You mentioned four legged horned animals in a post. DIDNT YOU SEE MY MESSAGE COMRADE!!!!

NO RATIONS FOR YOUUUUUUUU

:)

• Like 1

I remember when the only computer game involved taping a plastic sheet on the TV as the computer could not generate anything but the moving "blip" on the screen.

That was the early '70s btw.

http://en.wikipedia....agnavox_Odyssey

Edited by SpudmanWP

So does the current build still lag like fuck when you enter a city? Like the leaked builds?

Leaked lags aren't about buildings it's something else. But I don't believe that Cherno's performance would be better than in Arma 2 when you're alone.

Leaked lags aren't about buildings it's something else. But I don't believe that Cherno's performance would be better than in Arma 2 when you're alone.

correct. your performance will akin to the current editor perfomance