rocket

No DevBlog this week but here is some screens

Rocket, if you watch this, read this, you should faster give all people taste SA. Why?? Becouse if you not doing that, i and people will be play in ARMA 3 DayZ mod. So, what you choise?? Going to another Everest, or realease SA now.

"ArmA 3: DayZ Mod" it's like ArmA 2: DayZ Mod but with cooler graphics. Again another one who prefers graphics before optimization/new features? Come on...

"ArmA 3: DayZ Mod" it's like ArmA 2: DayZ Mod but with cooler graphics. Again another one who prefers graphics before optimization/new features? Come on...

truth is...this is how life works. beauty means fertility and we are programmed to look for fertile things (food, reproduction).

edit: holy sh*t...i think this was a seizure!

Edited by joe_mcentire
  • Like 1

I am just going to be sad because it runs on the ArmA III engion.

Not sure if... *insert Fry meme here*. DayZ Standalone runs on the DAYZ ENGINE, they're merged different parts of different engine builds and added a ton of new internal features to finally commit a single engine who can handle everything on the DayZ space (Take On Helicopters, ArmA II and ArmA III). That's why the weather is similar to Take On Helicopters, that's why it's environmentally similar to ArmA II and graphically similar to ArmA III; think about it as an ArmA 2.5 engine but with m0ar frameZ.

Edited by Guisho
  • Like 2

will there be a rare form of super badass, loner, alpha-male zombie like the ones in s.t.a.l.k.e.r (without the strange appendages)

Edited by codestargod

I'd like to be able see the things that are on the hotbar visible on your person, so unselected AK would be slung over shoulder with a strap or strapped to backpack, grenades clipped onto belt. In fact you could extend on that idea and have it so certain items of clothing give you more or less hotbar slots. It would be awesome if we could get visual confirmation of someones loadout like that.

This would be fantastic and I think it's right in line with the idea of character progression via gear.

Our characters would be identified by the things they carry and place the most value in. Beyond the ability to simply choose different clothing, form would start to follow function based on the way each player chooses to play. There would always be room for deception but inevitably, Rambo would start to look different than Dr. Wasteland, who would look different than Jermiah Johnson, who would look different than Hatchet Man.

will there be a rare form of super badass, loner, alpha-male zombie like the ones in s.t.a.l.k.e.r (without the strange appendages)

Unlikely, I think Rocket said ages ago that he wasn't too keen on the idea of wildly different Zeds (Granted He was talking about the mod version).

I'm the only one that doesn't like the new inventory layout.

22442355.jpg

@CapricornOne

Inventory management should be like a minigame.

Or at least complicated enough that certain organisational tricks can give you an advantage, like in reality.

a tetris-esque inventory for each pocket/bag/backpack where you can rotate arrange your stuff till all perfectly fits?

I'm the only one that doesn't like the new inventory layout.

Not really...

While it's better than the MOD, I wish that it was weight based and not slot based.

Edited by SpudmanWP

a tetris-esque inventory for each pocket/bag/backpack where you can rotate arrange your stuff till all perfectly fits?

As well as that, I mean like quicker access to stuff that isn't buried, for example.

I'm sure there's suggestion topics about it. It makes sense. If you have painkillers at the bottom of your bag, under all your other stuff, it's going to take you longer to get to them.

You should be able to just fill your bag as you come across items, by just throwing them in. Or you could take your time so important items are more readily accessible in case of emergency.

As well as that, I mean like quicker access to stuff that isn't buried, for example.

I'm sure there's suggestion topics about it. It makes sense. If you have painkillers at the bottom of your bag, under all your other stuff, it's going to take you longer to get to them.

You should be able to just fill your bag as you come across items, by just throwing them in. Or you could take your time so important items are more readily accessible in case of emergency.

i had such an idea some time ago. basically two different types of scavenging...it is somewhere in this thread

Edited by joe_mcentire

But here is a screen of the current WIP of the inventory I put on my twitter:

Will the clothes have different slot layouts (i.e. several 2-slot pouches on a jacket instead of just 8 slots defined) as it was mentioned before, or will it be just slot count (clothes vary only in amount of slots, no layout)?

I wanted to make a joke about floods being confirmed and all but I've been through floods like that before. It can get pretty rough. We had a tropical storm stall over my city for three days and it was pretty wild. Hope everyone is okay out there.

Not really...

While it's better than the MOD, I wish that it was weight based and not slot based.

I wish that it's both combined in the later state.

• Like 7

Anyone commented on the green jeans yet?

If you happened to see me in the 80s you might have seen me wearing stonewash jeans.

If you happened to see me in the early 90s you might have seen me wearing black jeans.

If you happened to see me in the mid 90s I may or may not have bought a pair of white jeans by mistake.

But I have never... ever owned a pair of green jeans and I can tell you right now, I wont be wearing any green jeans in the standalone.

I have green jeans on now. Want to come over and compare styles ? ;)

Do people usually whinge this much before a game is released?

Since the beginning of the interwebs..yes.

Shut up and take my money

forealz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gonna buy 2 gtx 680 next week to play dayz in ultra!!!

Edited by immajackuup

I'm surprised that more people aren't concerned that Prague has been evacuated because of the extreme weather...The whole city is flooded and that is where BI are based...People are dying...

Hello there

This is the first Ive heard about the floods. Our thoughts are with everyone there. Stay safe guys 'n girls.

Rgds

LoK

I wanted to make a joke about floods being confirmed and all but I've been through floods like that before. It can get pretty rough. We had a tropical storm stall over my city for three days and it was pretty wild. Hope everyone is okay out there.

...but you are the Sauseage King of Chicago! There are no tropical storms in Chicago. Chicago isn't even tropical...

must have really taken your kingdom by suprise!!

Edited by codestargod
  • Like 5