muffy_duffy

We Need That Update.

You Know, I Don't Even Know. It's Such a Habit....also in part becuase when i learned how to type in middle school, we had to capitalize each word or the program would mark it wrong, therefore, i capitalize out of habit

• Like 2

It's not just Rocket that we're waiting for, if you re-read Joey's post he explained that there's still some last minute tweaking to be done as the zombies are currently acting goofy in 1.7.7.

Ah, well I wonder what's making them act goofy? Was there a major overhaul in the zombies or just small tweaks? Do you know?

The zeds have been redone in everything they do from spawning to being reused(in place of being removed when out of range) to attacks.

Our info while Dean was away was expected date back was June. He got back early and we wasn't ready to send change log info over for review not with all the new changes. So we are just finishing the last few issues.

1/ bloodbag balance for the regeneration system

2/ zeds attack sequence.

We all have real lives and jobs to do once its ready for review we will let you know.

• Like 3

The way I see it is like this... The update will come when it comes. If I want it to come faster then I either need to learn some coding skills and try to join the mod team, or get an awesome job and start paying the team money so they can work on the mod more often.

Until then, enjoy life, go for walks, maybe ask out the girl next door (Im still working up the courage for the 3rd one!)

The way I see it is like this... The update will come when it comes. If I want it to come faster then I either need to learn some coding skills and try to join the mod team, or get an awesome job and start paying the team money so they can work on the mod more often.

Until then, enjoy life, go for walks, maybe ask out the girl next door (Im still working up the courage for the 3rd one!)

I do know how to code, and currently work for people that can pay me. The most I even make a week is 75$. The only language I have trouble with is Java. That language is especially complicated for me.

Out of interest Razor how long will it take for the update to port over to the pvt servers after release say bliss or yours?

We will release our own private files with the build we do including all sql files.

As for Bliss it's dead Reality took over i'm not sure how long it will take to update the other hives.

And I Also Made It VERY clear that the update isnt just for "me", its for the community. Stop trying to Troll, READ THE THREAD, BEFORE YOU POST

Using sarcasm and joking isn't always 'trolling'. He's legitimately pointing out in a humorous attitude that you need to calm down and wait. The only person I've seen complaining about the update not being out yet is you, the general 'community' seems to be able to handle waiting. Don't act like a prophet.

Edited by Chaingunfighter

Using sarcasm and joking isn't always 'trolling'. He's legitimately pointing out in a humorous attitude that you need to calm down and wait. The only person I've seen complaining about the update not being out yet is you, the general 'community' seems to be able to handle waiting. Don't act like a prophet.

Alright listen buddy, I ain't acting like no fuckin prophet..... join Dallas 420space you'll understand

Thankyou for Taking The Time To Make A Very-Detailed Post, With Valuable Information. Much Appreciated Sir.

Terribly Sorry To Tell You This But Capitalizing The First Character In Every Word Can Be A Bit Annoying.

Edit: sorry, did not read all comments before posting.

Edited by radivmoe

Wait for the SA, pay for the SA then you can make you demands...this is just a mod. I hope they just leave this mod and concentrate their effort on the games that pay off for them.

Edited by Enforcer
  • Like 1

I disagree. We can create homemade silencers with following products:

Car Oil Filter = allow 25 shoots before take out silence effect

Pet Bottle = allow 6 shoots before take out silence effect

Flashlight = allow 40 shoots before take out silence effect

I think on SA will be nice create some homemade silencers.

cats! cats would do

Wait for the SA, pay for the SA then you can make you demands...this is just a mod. I hope they just leave this mod and concentrate their effort on the games that pay off for them.

Take into effect this. Poor updates, and poor attention to a game developed is showing people "hey, they might not keep this game up to date" causing fewer people to buy it. Am I wrong?

It should be either working or blowing up in your face...too many parameters to save...

Take into effect this. Poor updates, and poor attention to a game developed is showing people "hey, they might not keep this game up to date" causing fewer people to buy it. Am I wrong?

The game is beeing developed and tested atm, it's not even out yet so nobody can complain about anything...if you are comlpaing about something it can only be about the mod. And i wonder if they still plan on updating the mod when the SA is around the corner. What would the acheive other than people not buying the SA when they can have the mod on the same development level for free? I wouldn't even wonder if they forbid the use and further development of the content, it's their idea and property anyway.

Hey DayZ fans,

If anyone wants to try out 1.7.7 we have a server running the latest version from R4Z0R49. It's the version were all waiting for Rocket to OK.

Details of our server in this post: http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/91062-gb-wireworld-177-official-dayz-pre-release-public-server-whitelist-only-all-welcome/

Anyone is welcome to get whitelisted and join.

Kind regards

Mac

25% of my deaths are from zeds

25% from players

and 50% from silly glitches and bugs.

i just learn to take it easy and slow when messing around with ladders or going into building with zombies chasing me.

kinda got use to all the bugs and stuff and i work around it and they don't affect me as much as they did when i started.

like walking in fire houses is smart.

also if zombies are in walls just run away.

OP i don't think there could be a patch in this world to fix the obvious bugs in Dayz mod. Arma wasn't designed for a zombie survival game. Dayz is a mod and can only do so much!

StandAlone is gonna be sweet!

• Like 1

Release would bring lots of players back. I know that.

this is one of the worst threads I've seen in a good while...oh wait, started by a school kid :P

i don't give a about the update i want alpha sa but doesn't everyone though the bugs are annoying its an fps! dayz is an mmo they werent ment to be combined and so the offspring (bugs) are rioting so sure they can be fixed but fixing them isn't the solution destroying the mod and making sa is.

I have two thoughts for anyone that is getting impatient for an update.

First, today's mod is fundamentally better than the mod of a year ago. So if you liked the game a year ago and got hooked, the simple fact is the game has gotten better since then and you have no other acceptable response than pure gratitude. (I paid $40 bucks to play this game, fuck all to the "it's a free mod, you paid for Arma" bs, it's unnecessary) My $40 for DayZ is maybe the best deal I've ever purchased; I've played the shit outta this game.

Second, hasn't anyone else noticed the HACKERS ARE GONE!? You want an update, well I've fallen in love with the game all over again since the scripters moved on. I can't believe it's really been 5 months since the last update. I've been so busy enjoying the game as a result of no scripting that I haven't had time to focus on the glitches.

Yes, the issues with the tents like at Stary still sucks. But really OP you should know that by now and not get yourself in that situation. I mean, c'mon, who doesn't know the zombies can hit you through the tent walls?

Here's my tip for ya. I've taken a new tactic when it comes to all military tent situations. Don't do all stealth, but go in guns blazin'. Quickly take out all zombies as quickly as possible. The key here is to then loot very quickly. Yes, bandits and nosy do-gooders will be around but your unrestrained gunfire will at first cause some chaos/confusion and it always take awhile for good teams to properly set themselves up to 'properly' kill you. I find it is always enough time to safely sprint outta there.

Meh, 1.7.7 can come out when it's good and ready. Same with SA, I'm playing other games right now so I am ok to wait; even though I'm excited.