muffy_duffy

We Need That Update.

We Need 1.7.7

Hello DayZ Community. Let Me Start off by saying thank-you for opening this thread, and i would like your opinion and/or comments on this matter. Thankyou

Let's Start Off With a Little Story, eh?

Alrighty, So i Just got Home from school. Had a Stressful day, as i now have learned i have to go to summer-school for slacking off this whole year. I deserve it, i understand it. Oh Well. But Anyways, got home, turned on the good old pc, and launched DayZ. Yaay! So i go to log in, and i am a hero. well, now that i said that, we all know what is going to happen next. Upon me loading in, i get teleported to the ocean, followed by my death message after 10 seconds. Well, there goes a week old character with alot of good gear. Now i'm not asking for my stuff back....let me put that right out there. Alrighty, whatev's man. So i go to elektro, and get a alice pack at the store, and a winchester in a barn, woot for the pickups. So i meet up with my buddies a little later, and we got to stary sobor. Ya know them military tents? Ya. Should have stayed away, as when i walked into one, a zombie entered my player space, and killed me instantly. some things i find fishy about this is: 1-the zombie did not Swing Or Flail at me. 2-the zombie did not even go through the front, he mysteriously entered through the back of the tent, which is in a sense "a solid wall".

Alrighty, now that you've heard that story, u see some of the bugs i've encountered. D:

Basically what im saying is this: Alot of Players Are Expieriencing These Horrible Bugs, and We Need The update. Now Yes, I know you guys are working very hard on the standalone and the update now, but its been, what 5 months, since the last update for dayz? Guys, We Need An Update. Now i'm not just saying this to help me out, but the community as well. several players i know have put this game on hold, and resorted to WarZ because lack of bugs and glitches. Just Guys, Development Team, Release The update, And Feed The Beasts.

RELEASE THE UPDATE; FEED THE BEASTS!

No Trolls. also... Say "YES" if you think the update should be released this week. Development team, take this into serious consideration, as we are suffering right now!!!!! please, we support you guys, at least throw us a bone.

• Like 5

You don't "need" the update.

Now simmer down and wait like a good boy.

• Like 2

The update will still have these bugs... You are working with a game that doesn't have melee weapons, and that wasn't made for close combat. Zombies WILL glitch, the game WILL glitch. There is nothing we can do about it, and the update won't fix the Arma 2 engines faults...

Don't Troll... I said that VERY clearly.

Also, It's been 5 months buddy, most of the community is leaving..

• Like 2

These issues are caused by the fact that DayZ is forcing ARMA to do things that it wasn't made to do, a lot of them can't and won't be fixed until the standalone. 1.7.7 will be released when it's finished and Rocket's 'okay'd' all of the changes.

• Like 2

And I Also Made It VERY clear that the update isnt just for "me", its for the community. Stop trying to Troll, READ THE THREAD, BEFORE YOU POST

Don't Troll... I said that VERY clearly.

Also, It's been 5 months buddy, most of the community is leaving..

I ain't trolling, but having a good ol sook sob about the update not being released isn't going to help anybody.

Edited by GOD™

These issues are caused by the fact that DayZ is forcing ARMA to do things that it wasn't made to do, a lot of them can't and won't be fixed until the standalone. 1.7.7 will be released when it's finished and Rocket's 'okay'd' all of the changes.

NOW THERE'S A RESPONSE!

The update looks pretty cool except for the tradeskill shit. Don't get me wrong, I love tradeskills in games and would like to see it in DayZ. Housing...Yes, Equipment needed to survive (i.e.- a water catch, water purification unit, weilding stuff on cars, hunting snares, yada yada, yada)...Sure. But silencers/scopes/all that "oh a piece of glass and some twigs, let me make a sophisticated sniper scope" stuff, no thanks.

Hopefully the SA alpha is jsut around the corner and I'll be playing that and not the mod so I guess the patch isn't that big of a deal to me.

Regarding 1.7.7:

- We were told to wait for Dean to return before releasing any patches (unfortunately that was a 2 month wait)

- In that time, the team decided to work on additional stuff to make up for the time we all had to wait

- In the current 1.7.7 build, zeds got a bit fubared and the few active coders we have are working on fixing that asap.

- Marcel and I are working on finishing up some new changes to the blood UI icon and that should be finished very soon.

- After zeds are fixed (or before) we'll then have to wait for Dean to review the list of changes and approve / scrap anything we've added or changed. With SA alpha testing and E3 coming up, I have a feeling this may take even more time unless Dean can free up a few minutes to review the new change log.

• Like 2

But silencers/scopes/all that "oh a piece of glass and some twigs, let me make a sophisticated sniper scope" stuff, no thanks.

Yeah, that stuff got scrapped. No way should players be able to 'craft' their own silencers / scopes.

• Like 6

Regarding 1.7.7:

- We were told to wait for Dean to return before releasing any patches (unfortunately that was a 2 month wait)

- In that time, the team decided to work on additional stuff to make up for the time we all had to wait

- In the current 1.7.7 build, zeds got a bit fubared and the few active coders we have are working on fixing that asap.

- Marcel and I are working on finishing up some new changes to the blood UI icon and that should be finished very soon.

- After zeds are fixed (or before) we'll then have to wait for Dean to review the list of changes and approve / scrap anything we've added or changed. With SA alpha testing and E3 coming up, I have a feeling this may take even more time unless Dean can free up a few minutes to review the new change log.

Thankyou for Taking The Time To Make A Very-Detailed Post, With Valuable Information. Much Appreciated Sir.

Joeyslucky22, maybe you should have that post added to the rolling changelog thread in announcements.

Joeyslucky22, maybe you should have that post added to the rolling changelog thread in announcements.

I have To Agree here^

Thankyou for Taking The Time To Make A Very-Detailed Post, With Valuable Information. Much Appreciated Sir.

Don't really see why you needed someone to make a detailed post regarding why the update wasn't out yet, it seems fairly obvious that they haven't released the next update because it's not ready to be released.

• Like 1

We've Been In The Dark For 5 Months. Now Don't Get Me Wrong, Yes We've Seen Parts Of The Changelog, Yes, But it's been 5 Months Since The Update, And I'm sure Some of the community can agree, its been dull this last few months..... :(

• Like 2

I can see why people are getting a little antsy, it's been a while since the last patch, what we've seen of 1.7.7 looks awesome and we want it nao! But at some point you just have to chill out and accept that these things take time and are usually best left until they're completely ready rather than rushed out and released broken.

• Like 2

I can see why people are getting a little antsy, it's been a while since the last patch, what we've seen of 1.7.7 looks awesome and we want it nao! But at some point you just have to chill out and accept that these things take time and are usually best left until they're completely ready rather than rushed out and released broken.

Do You Guys think there is still alot left?

We've Been In The Dark For 5 Months. Now Don't Get Me Wrong, Yes We've Seen Parts Of The Changelog, Yes, But it's been 5 Months Since The Update, And I'm sure Some of the community can agree, its been dull this last few months..... :(

Can't say we've been left out in the dark and then exclude the one thing that proves we weren't left in the dark.. the changelog.

"Yeah, I haven't spoken to Bob in 5 months, except for that one time last week where we talked on the phone.."

• Like 1

I was under the understanding that the community was to take over the Mod and Rocket would only be working on the Stand Alone. So now we have to wait for him to approve the community patches? I am confused since it seems the Mod will be put on the far back burner since it has already peaked and sales I'm sure have went down for Combined Operations. I am willing to be patient up to a point. I just don't wanna be left behind.

Can't say we've been left out in the dark and then exclude the one thing that proves we weren't left in the dark.. the changelog.

"Yeah, I haven't spoken to Bob in 5 months, except for that one time last week where we talked on the phone.."

Good Point, But we Have Not Had An Update In 5 Months Sir. Yes, They Gave Some Valuable Information On The Changelog, but we Have Not Had A Update Yet. The Most I Could Even Suggest Is just Some Bug Fixes.

I was under the understanding that the community was to take over the Mod and Rocket would only be working on the Stand Alone. So now we have to wait for him to approve the community patches? I am confused since it seems the Mod will be put on the far back burner since it has already peaked and sales I'm sure have went down for Combined Operations. I am willing to be patient up to a point. I just don't wanna be left behind.

None of Us Want To Be Left Behind, And Yes We Know That Rocket Is Very Busy With The SA, But Rocket, Cmon Man, You Can At least approve the update Changelog, and give the OK for release. I'm Not Trying To Be Impatient.

I was under the understanding that the community was to take over the Mod and Rocket would only be working on the Stand Alone.

as was I, muffy why are you capitalising every word?

• Like 1

None of Us Want To Be Left Behind, And Yes We Know That Rocket Is Very Busy With The SA, But Rocket, Cmon Man, You Can At least approve the update Changelog, and give the OK for release. I'm Not Trying To Be Impatient.

It's not just Rocket that we're waiting for, if you re-read Joey's post he explained that there's still some last minute tweaking to be done as the zombies are currently acting goofy in 1.7.7.

• Like 1