Hosty

New tweet from Rocket

Rocket...shushup and take my money!!

That is awesome! Hope we can see some gameplay footage soon. Can't wait!

It's not going to be a pretty test. Currently there are a number of broken animations, as we're halfway between two skeletons. An example being holding a gun, it's completely buggered right now.

Also, the proxy-based weapon attachment system is 2/3 through implementation, so that's not pretty either. But both of those systems are revolutionary in terms of the engine.

So there isn't anything to stream except a large number of cosmetic bugs. The success of the server client architecture is not in demonstrating anything new visually - it's background stuff.

Although Matt and me both noticed the performance was rather good despite a huge number of loot items and a fair few zombies.

Honestly it would not be boner material. It's like I've got the parts for a really nice car spread out on the living room floor. I know it's going to make a nice car, but until it's actually assembled it's very hard for someone other than who laid it out to see that.

Any chance of a preview of the zombies?

I only just uploaded some "fixed" zombie behaviours just now and I'm pushing it to steam for the test version. Will get some feedback from the testers how this compares with the mod and mods of the mod.

Basic summary: * some transitions entirely removed (makes zombies more fluid, faster reacting at the cost of visuals)

Can attack while running

Can perform a jumping attack from run

Can stop and attack as previous, but a bit faster

Loiter, Alert, Frenzy - depending on what they find (noise = alert etc...)

Edited by SmashT
  • Like 6

Meaning it's easier from here. He just did climb Everest, after all.

Probably downhill as in: there's no stopping it now

ah.

Even if I said "release the game" right now, there is a bunch of commercial crap that has to happen - so keep that in mind too. That's what makes a release date a bit mysterious. However, it's much easier for us to do the release via steam and this commercial stuff is essentially all done there.

There's still no release date but we've reached that climactic inevitability moment, where it's on the downhill.

Great with some news and also Gj at everest. Good you came back in one piece :).

Hypothetically speaking, how far off are we from buying something on steam if your testing tomorrow works out well? A week? A month?

That's still TBA. Now that architecture is complete I have to cram in all the game parts I can. Should that occur fine it could occur quite rapidly.

Unfortunately, E3 occurs in the middle of all this. It soaks up my time, and we have to prepare builds for it. Builds for journalists, so that is going to take some time out.

• Like 3

simples most things now will be saved for e3

why would you take away from your hype for e3 ? you wouldnt so a release will be after e3.

look forward to trying the public alpha. i predict a public release just after e3 and some big server load testing .

Even if I said "release the game" right now, there is a bunch of commercial crap that has to happen - so keep that in mind too. That's what makes a release date a bit mysterious. However, it's much easier for us to do the release via steam and this commercial stuff is essentially all done there.

There's still no release date but we've reached that climactic inevitability moment, where it's on the downhill.

I'm curious as to if you plan to release the standalone outside of Steam. I understand that Steam is a very good distribution method, but there are still those of us who don't have it(including myself).

Hypothetically speaking, how far off are we from buying something on steam if your testing tomorrow works out well? A week? A month?

I support the above post.

I'm curious as to if you plan to release the standalone outside of Steam. I understand that Steam is a very good distribution method, but there are still those of us who don't have it(including myself).

Man... How can you live without Steam?!

• Like 2

Short answer is No. They use Steam for everything not just distribution. The anti-cheat is tied into steam (VAC) , all updates are done via Steams delta patching, servers and match making are handled by Steams matchmaking API, fraud protection and anti-piracy features are built into steam etc.

Edited by SmashT
  • Like 1

Short answer is No. They use Steam for everything not just distribution. The anti-cheat is tied into steam (VAC) , all updates are done via Steams delta patching, servers and match making are handled by Steams matchmaking API etc.

Wait, they are going to use VAC?

Short answer is No. They use Steam for everything not just distribution. The anti-cheat is tied into steam (VAC) , all updates are done via Steams delta patching, servers and match making are handled by Steams matchmaking API, fraud protection and anti-piracy features are built into steam etc.

Thanks for the answer. I'm downloading Steam at the moment, feel kind of bad because I have a passionate hate for Valve that goes back a long time.

You guys said that you did the whole close Alpha test really badly, does this mean you're going to add more ways to get into the closed Alpha? or are you going to stick what you've already gone with?

Really looking forward to E3 now then, if journalists are allowed to report? Are they? :)

• Like 1

Must emit I was cought out with the Down hill quote too, it usually refers to things going from good to bad. I was thinking why does he think things are going to get worse???

But I see where it was coming from with the Mountain reference. All sounds very promising and that’s from someone that’s never stepped into Dayz yet. All I’m hoping for is less of this Dsync stuff and more reliability of the servers. (yes I watch a lot twich) :) New PC end of the year then I’m after peoples Beans!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've also never used Steam. I take it now you open it up they way you'd put in your DVD.

Edited by sav112

In the states we say "It's all downhill from here." As in we've already made the difficult climb, now we can coast a bit. Sounds like things are shaping up well. I am so excited!! I just want to see some footage of these new zeds.

• Like 1

Can someone translate this for a person whos initial language is not english and has an IQ below 140? :emptycan:

Thanks for the answer. I'm downloading Steam at the moment, feel kind of bad because I have a passionate hate for Valve that goes back a long time.

VALVE...

YOU...

HATE...

VALVE...

HOW DARE YOU

• Like 2

https://twitter.com/...389338754359297

So what does that mean?

Well Rocket said before that the Client/Server Architecture is their main goal in DayZ Developement before releasing.

He also said that he will not release the game without this, so it might mean the game is really close to an alpha, maybe June?

Just getting my hopes up cause I can. :3

it means that the architecture is done, and that they are going to do a large test tomorrow. who would have thought that words mean things.

• Like 1

Have been cautiously optimistic, but with todays tweet, cautiousness is being thrown out.

Anticipating a bunch of E3 info fun, an open alpha release date, and my Nerdgasm immediately to follow.

Then of course I'll miss out on the first batch of alpha release slots, (didnt Rocket say somewhere it would be around 50k or so) and I'll start drinking again. :(

Thanks for the tweet Rocket, made my day.

VALVE...

YOU...

HATE...

VALVE...

HOW DARE YOU

i'm boggled by this as well... best game dev company out there.

962.gif

I don't...I don't even...how can...what?

Yeah. I hate Valve. I admit it. They break promises, and end game franchises by promising another sequel.