Sign in to follow this  
Yoshi1991

The Moment of SA Launch

On the day, moment ,of launch, can we have every server start at the exact same time, with a count down from 10? So we can then watch every single Dayz player, as a fresh spawn, sprint to NWAF all at the same time?

• Like 2

And then immediately crash.

• Like 5

imagen day one cherno... so many innocent bambies will need soo many bloodbags...

• Like 3

I'm hoping the game will play differently from the mod.

Can't argue with that.

• Like 1

I really hope

That I don't spend more time running from point A to point B

than actually playing the game

speaking of whoever posts the release date of the Standalone first gets a can of beans

probably from more people than just me

Its supposedly going to be announced tomorrow according to Dean's Twitter

Edited by leviski

No. Those players who have already been testing will be lined up in the hills with DMR's sniping all fresh spawns.

It has already been arranged.

• Like 10

Its supposedly going to be announced tomorrow according to Dean's Twitter

^^^ really? am i just being gullible?

It won't be the release date being announced. Just a thumbs up or down on overall progress which will be a good indicator to how close we are to seeing alpha.

• Like 1

Hello there

Also, don't forget we wont have the *finished* game on the initial release. There's still a way to go. We'll have something groovy just not complete. Manage your expectations. (Im still excited)

Rgds

LK

• Like 1

Wouldnt it be cool

if out of no where

the SA went live tommorow?

lol that would turn some heads

at leaast mine anyways

It won't be the release date being announced. Just a thumbs up or down on overall progress which will be a good indicator to how close we are to seeing alpha.

thanks, beans for you :beans:

I don't mind the running.It reflects the scale of the map and ability of players to do their own thing and stake out their territory.... I play music credence clearwater revival & Snow patrol. With the spooky graphics and the possibility of being sniped at every moment it gives it a certain ambience...

• Like 1

While you all run to NWest i'll be lining cherno+electro with turds for your return (I hope this feature is added or my plan is thwarted)

Edited by Trizzo

For those who haven't seen it yet.

Hoorah! Dean “Rocket” Hall’s bandit-riddled, zombie-fleeing mod DayZ has been threatening to take on a life of its own the past few months, and that threat no longer lies dormant—Rocket revealed in an interview that some lucky fans are already playing the DayZ Standalone version.

Speaking to Gamasutra, Rocket spilled the beans on the first batch of testers: players who have been rewarded for their loyalty to the brutal ArmA 2 mod the past couple of years.

“So what we’re doing at the moment is, we gave free keys as a gift to the forum moderators, the Reddit moderators, people who helped out with DayZ development, and stuff like that,” Rocket explains. “I guess there’s about 30-100 people involved with that.”

“From here, once we’ve finished our server/client architecture—because we’re moving it an MMO model—we’re reviewing the situation of that in June, and then we do an alpha, just like Minecraft.”

There’s only one server in DayZ Standalone at the moment, but content updates are being delivered constantly. Like Minecraft, DayZ Standalone plans to charge a small amount to players during the public alpha, with the price increasing steadily as it nears completion. During alpha, Rocket plans to allow players access to either the latest stable build, or the experimental build on the developers’ desktops.

Though the first proposed release date “sailed on by” while Rocket and friends worked to implement the MMO model, it’s looking like DayZ standalone is still on target for a June alpha release.

Edited by nnccmm

(EDIT, I deleted yet another one of my worthless posts that contributes nothing to this forum and just pisses everyone off. I don't know why I haven't been banned with all of these stupid things I've said that literally spring the respect people have for me into the negatives.)

Edited by Chaingunfighter

I'm hoping the game will play differently from the mod.

Sleep safely young King.

• Like 1