patriotabr

Without .50 snipers the chopper will not fear anyone!!

Remove the MI, remove the .50s.

Nah, if any, the Mi is the only heli that actually belongs...

Hueys? Is this Battlefield:Vietnam?

Besides this how many times have any of you shot down a helicopter with a 50 cal??????????????????????????=

Hundreds of times...?

• Like 2

Who cares about as 50 and m107, all u need is a DMR :thumbsup:

• Like 3

We don't need .50s to take out helicopters.

Solution: Grab any sniper rifle, aim for the pilot's seat, kill the pilot. Profit.

Don't like it? Practice shooting some more.

Who cares about as 50 and m107, all u need is a DMR :thumbsup:

n00b alert! The dmr needs to be removed from the game. It's no place in soviet chernarus.

@trizzo I've shot down at least 30-40 helis with 50Cals. I've also shot down helis with M24,SVD but I can tell you it's much harder and generally you just go for the pilot and gunners as there easier targets to take out.

Oh, I didn't account for the Russian chopper. That thing is quite hard to take down without a .50.

i would say the russian is still balanced tho, i mean it has no guns, its huge so its hard to hide, its slow at landing in tight areas, its only plus sides are its space, armour, and speed.

As far as the other heli's are concerned tho a good LMG like you side is a worthy opponent.

Edited by TMW Se7eN

i would say the russian is still balanced tho, i mean it has no guns, its huge so its hard to hide, its slow at landing in tight areas, its only plus sides are its space, armour, and speed.

As far as the other heli's are concerned tho a good LMG like you side is a worthy opponent.

PKP is no gun? This heli have two gunners and one have good protection on the back of Heli.

I know Dayz is not Walking Dead but We can get some ideas here:

http://www.imfdb.org...The_(TV_Series)

Edited by horsebr

Alright so a little while back some of us grouped together to see what weapons could do damage to a helo and witch had the better effect at bringing it down...

Simple thing is the glass is NOT bullet proof, Shotgun shells (all be it at really close range) still penetrate and wound the pilot, and Enfield will kill the pilot in 1 or 2 well placed shots, all remaining snipers still kill the pilot in 1 and did damage to vital components, all be it that it took 4 or 5 shots.

Heli's are far from safe even after the removal of the .50cals though personally i would have loved to have seen the L11A3 Lapua brought back in. But it goes to show that losing the .50cals is not the end of the world....

Self explained title. I agree to remove As50 but M107 is not to OP and good defence agains't helis.

I shot down 2 helis with an AKM and a SVD a few days ago aiming at the weak spot ( guess where )...you don't need a .50 to take one down. In DayZ they don't even have armament that's worth beeing afraid of if you are talking about vanilla and SA.

PKP is no gun? This heli have two gunners and one have good protection on the back of Heli.

the current mi-17 is the mi-8 witch does not have guns.

The KSVK Destroyer doesn't need to be added. No more AMRs need to be added. They don't need to be changed at all.The spawn rates are abysmal, the recoil is pretty intense, and they're plenty loud.

I'm fine with AMRs being in the standalone so long as they are as close to impossible to find as possible. Especially something like the KSVK.

I mean, they DO still exist.

Most of the guns in the Walking Dead are only realistic for the USA (Which is where it takes place). An eastern-bloc successor state probably wouldn't be filled with Colt Pythons or Mossbergs. Granted, weapons like the Type 56 would make some sense as they still appear among guerrilla movements (Which Chernarus has a large amount of)

Edited by Chaingunfighter

I'm fine with AMRs being in the standalone so long as they are as close to impossible to find as possible. Especially something like the KSVK.

I mean, they DO still exist.

Most of the guns in the Walking Dead are only realistic for the USA (Which is where it takes place). An eastern-bloc successor state probably wouldn't be filled with Colt Pythons or Mossbergs. Granted, weapons like the Type 56 would make some sense as they still appear among guerrilla movements (Which Chernarus has a large amount of)

The KSVK would be the most fitting weapon than any M107 or AS50s.

I doubt people will see that you can't compare The Walking Dead with Chernarus DayZ.

In theory, aren't you suppose to be scared of choppers?

Wouldn't it be more fun to go "Well shit, a chopper. Let's follow them and take them out" then to go "Oooooh, a chopper, let me bust out my M107 and shoot it"

In theory, aren't you suppose to be scared of choppers?

Wouldn't it be more fun to go "Well shit, a chopper. Let's follow them and take them out" then to go "Oooooh, a chopper, let me bust out my M107 and shoot it"

Very true, the amount of time it takes to get em running it should be something to scare people.

Very true, the amount of time it takes to get em running it should be something to scare people.

Exactly. I almost get scared when I get in a heli to fly, because I know it's just a bullet magnet. I would much prefer people to see a heli, and run for cover.

I have brought down a heli with an Enfield before (well, the pilot anyway). Sorry no proof, but hey.....trust me.

I have brought down a heli with an Enfield before (well, the pilot anyway). Sorry no proof, but hey.....trust me.

I have brought down multiple choppers without a gun even.

I was inside the chopper though. Piloting.

"Piloting."

• Like 5

Exactly. I almost get scared when I get in a heli to fly, because I know it's just a bullet magnet. I would much prefer people to see a heli, and run for cover.

With 3P off you don't have to bother them seeing you at all since they can't see past their feet and most players don't look around when they land. I was right in front of someone who tried to land and shot him on his two attempts to do so and the second heli they didn't even see my vehicle although i had a huge could of dust behind me and again... IN FRONT OF THEM.

I only want to say that AS 50 is British weapons, and Britsh never came for fighting in Tchernarus, if we follow the background of Arma 2.

However Russia is really near, fought in Tchernarus against USMC, but we NEVER find any Russian scoped rifles. SVD, Dragunov, KSVK ? Tchernarus army used them before the infection.

I'm not against AS 50, because I play on registered server, where cheat is nearly impossible. I play on it for hundred of hours , but never see any AS 50, nor hear any of them. It's the proof that the AS 50 is clearly very very rare, and without cheating it's very difficult to see one of them. ;)

I only want to say that AS 50 is British weapons, and Britsh never came for fighting in Tchernarus, if we follow the background of Arma 2.

However Russia is really near, fought in Tchernarus against USMC, but we NEVER find any Russian scoped rifles. SVD, Dragunov, KSVK ? Tchernarus army used them before the infection.

I'm not against AS 50, because I play on registered server, where cheat is nearly impossible. I play on it for hundred of hours , but never see any AS 50, nor hear any of them. It's the proof that the AS 50 is clearly very very rare, and without cheating it's very difficult to see one of them. ;)

You do know it's "Chernarus", right?

You do know it's "Chernarus", right?

Only in English.

vTOLmDP.jpg?1