Lidskjalf

[SA] No snipers, no choppers.

Keep them in, but make them authentic, and rare enough.

People should think: "Damn, I can't use this M107, I'm alone and I won't be able to run far and quick." and opt for smaller guns.

There's just no incentive to use any other weapons, because 'how destructive the weapon is' is all that comes into play.

Edited by Very Ape
  • Like 5

if there Were no Huey's then me and inception cant Dive Bomb Innocent People running across chernarus O9uZgLC.jpg

Edited by Star Thornberry
  • Like 2

Keep them in, but make them authentic, and rare enough.

People should think: "Damn, I can't use this M107, I'm alone and I won't be able to run far and quick." and opt for smaller guns.

There's just no incentive to use any other weapons, because 'how destructive the weapon is' is all that comes into play.

I always think that way even if i'm part of a group, don't need that shit because it's not handy for me ( i try to think this is actually life and not a game ). I always let the others who want to use it carry it...and die because they always end up beeing too close to use the advantage of that weapon system.

I think the AS50 is a bit OP for DayZ but Helis are the ultimate goal in DayZ, its what everyone goes for and what you always end up, You gear up, try find a car, then try find a Heli, why remove them? They aren't even OP, go inside and your safe :/

I always think that way even if i'm part of a group, don't need that shit because it's not handy for me ( i try to think this is actually life and not a game ). I always let the others who want to use it carry it...and die because they always end up beeing too close to use the advantage of that weapon system.

These others you speak of are probably rushing into close-quarters combat, in which case, yes, the M107 is at a slight disadvantage (not when crosshairs are enabled, though!)

In the hands of a half-decent player, as a long-range (hell, even mid-range) weapon, it's brutally overpowered. And I don't mean in terms of stopping power, but at how ridiculously easy it is to handle and how little penalties to mobility and stamina it brings.

You should be putting that shit in the back of your pickup truck, to use within proximity of it, not carrying it around in your backpack or in your arms as you run around for more than ten seconds.

Edited by Very Ape
  • Like 1

I think the AS50 is a bit OP for DayZ but Helis are the ultimate goal in DayZ, its what everyone goes for and what you always end up, You gear up, try find a car, then try find a Heli, why remove them? They aren't even OP, go inside and your safe :/

I thought surviving was the goal or did i play the game with the wrong expectations? I hope the SA changes the attitude of most players considering unneccesary combat.

These others you speak of are probably rushing into close-quarters combat, in which case, yes, the M107 is at a slight disadvantage (not when crosshairs are enabled, though!)

In the hands of a half-decent player, as a long-range (hell, even mid-range) weapon, it's brutally overpowered. And I don't mean in terms of stopping power, but at how ridiculously easy it is to handle and how little penalties to mobility and stamina it brings.

You should be putting that shit in the back of your pickup truck, to use within proximity of it, not carrying it around in your backpack or in your arms as you run around for more than ten seconds.

That's indeed a problem, i hope they addressed the issue considering the "ease of use" of certain items. It is ridiculously easy to snipe in the game, with a bit of wind even shooting with assault rifles beyond 200m would become a challenge. Afaik crosshairs will not be in the SA anyway so the cqb sniper problem would be solved.

• Like 1

I think if there was to be heli's, there should only be one, like how it use to be a looooong time ago in DayZ. Because as of right now, making a camp is stupid because it can be found very easily by a helicopter, and i have tried nearly EVERY hiding spot, and they always end up being found. But i think it should be like original DayZ where there is only ONE helicopter located on the server.

Instead of removing snipers, give me my ACE sniping physics. I want to deal with wind, rain, barometric pressure, distance , and the Coriolis effect

I hope that the new economics items system used in Standalone could bring old/new rare items and keep them that way, I mean, we can still have weapons like AS50 or M107, but not respawning 5 per server or things like that, more like making them a unique item so it will not only be used for better purposes than hunting/pvping, and in the same time it will be less probable to find one or get people desperate to have it.

• Like 1

I hope that the new economics items system used in Standalone could bring old/new rare items and keep them that way, I mean, we can still have weapons like AS50 or M107, but not respawning 5 per server or things like that, more like making them a unique item so it will not only be used for better purposes than hunting/pvping, and in the same time it will be less probable to find one or get people desperate to have it.

Unique is an overused world. No matter how rare you make them even the rarest spawn will be flooding the servers in no time. Stuff like that should be taken out of the server loot table and regulated another way like spawned through the hive let's say 10x .50 rifles for every 10000 servers restarting ( limited to once a day to stop abuse depending on how they actually managed to stabilize the persistent system maybe even a week ) on hive level just as an example because the "DayZ world" is a network of worlds. You can't flood 999 servers with .50s and wreak havoc on the 1000th where none was spawned that way.

[make] them a unique item so it will not only be used for better purposes than hunting/pvping

Hehehe, I can't think of many uses for a 12.7x99 anti-materiel rifle apart from PvP...

No. Just no. You want to explore the world then there are plenty of other titles which would suit you Skyrim or Dead Island if you want a Zombie Apocolypse. You can even team with other Bambi's in that. Or for the ultimate Graphics fix open your front door a go explore this world called RL.

Since we're talking about making flying helicopters more difficult,

I don't think something this complex could be added so late in development but it would give the simulator players what they want.

DMR snipping is just too easy. I mean think of it. A real sniper has a range finder with him. No not the tool an actual guy that supports him. DAYZ SA should adapt this concept. At the moment a single sniper with a DMR just aims in the direction of his foe in close combat, and taps the shit out of his mouse button and kills the enemy with no effort. Maybe a solution to all of this is single shot bolt action rifles only, where you actually take some time reloading every shot. The auto reload and shooting of sniping rifles are just to OP in the game.

I loved your suggestions by DooM599

I don't mind choppers, but i want them to have the ToH startup and flight model. Going airborne should be a risk, all the time. YOU ARE SITTING IN A FLYING BASKET! Also.. weather conditions if possible so that no idiot dare taking off during a tempest.

There is one easy way to prevent rare loots to flood the game. Implement weapon weardown and do not spawn more of it until the count of that specific gun in game is under the expected percentage. Good luck farming an item that is simply not going to drop until one of the existing ones break.

: <_<  >:(

This is stupid the game is meant to be real

the army have to stop the infection so they send in the worlds best guns and things I am surprised they don't have tanks on the map (besides the broken down static wreaks)  

While we're at it; can't we remove the painkillers too? They're unrealistic because you eat the whole box everytime.

• Like 1