martin3423

self blooding

hey guys i was think that there should be a self blooding ability. because those people that play alone is gonna be hard for themselves to get there blood up when being attacked or was

attacked and they loose alot of blood so there way is to self blood. well my solution to this scenario is when you have a knife and a blood_bag you should be able to self blood your self. idk i saw

this in a dayz server which i though it was a really cool idea it uses the blood bags more effienctly when alone.

but it could be bad, but you guys decide if you think this is an alright idea so yea.

what im also thinking is that when they do take blood bags there could be an infection in there which could go into your blood stream which cause health loss of blood which there you much a vaccination to stop the infection and then re-blood your self.. yea idk lol but you guys decide

Edited by martin3423

I am almost 99% sure breaking point has self blooding as for the rest I think this would help alot for the lone wolfs.

• Like 1

GOD STEAK! WHY DO YOU ALWAYS BEAT ME!!!!!

• Like 1

There's a reason that you are required to be bloodbagged from another person and can't just do it to yourself:

Look around. You see all the talk about shoot-on-sight bandits? The distrust in the air?

That is what we call a lack of incentive to help random people.

If we make the option to blood bag yourself available, what will make random people want to help you?

Almost absolutely nothing.

Because needing two people is what temporarily breaks the bonds of the shoot-on-sight mentality. It makes someone feel vulnerable whereas before they were ruthless killers. It takes you back to that primal stage of life, where we realized for the first time that we couldn't just set our sights on anyone and everyone, and that we needed other people.

It's part of what makes this game different from the Call of Duty franchise and it's age-old gameplay.

It's part of what makes this game what it is.

Edited by FlamingDefibs
  • Like 14

This would help me so much, I'd just pick up some bloodbags when I spawned, then if I ever get shot, run behind cover, bandage, bloodbag, good as new.... repeat if necessary.

Nah, it would be freaking annoying to have people you just shot pop back up fresh as a daisy. So no.

• Like 3

If you could self bloodbag, than KOS would be a more common thing, as you wouldn't need allies to blood bag you.

If you could self bloodbag, than KOS would be a more common thing, as you wouldn't need allies to blood bag you.

lol

Do you even read?

Self blood bag is already on many servers out there. (whyyyyyyyyyyy)

Anyway it would be like carrying multiple health packs around. Imagine this situation: You get shot and are bleeding heavily. You pop behind a rock and in the span of 5 seconds you bandage, morphine, bloodbag and painkiller yourself. Then you come out of behind the rock and... [Repeat]

Bloodbags should be dropped from the game/mod entirely...there we go.

• Like 6

This!

Seriously, that's a good idea. Force those clans to hunt... (or at least make blood bags a lot more rare)

Edited by Gews
  • Like 1

I am no doctor but IRL i dont think you can pick up a moldy bloodbag from the floor and inject it into your bloodstream.

How about a blood transfusion mechanic where someone can donate blood. Hell you could even kidnap someone and drain their blood for your use.

• Like 3

This!

Seriously, that's a good idea. Force those clans to hunt... (or at least make blood bags a lot more rare)

It makes the game entirely balanced. All this fretting looking for a way to balance blood for single players without it being explotive. Get rid of the problem at the source.

Blood bags, if anything, points to DayZ origions as a military sim. A game world where you could reasonably get a medicevac with state of the art support to revive you where you fell. DayZ is different. The power is off. The blood would fucking rotten, septic tomato paste..im not a medical expert but if I inected some crusty old slime I found lying on the floor into my veins death might be the outcome.

Eating food is a pretty reasonable blood regenerating systen. Chowing down 20 steaks silly. Tweak the hunger meter so you can eat only so much food in one sitting before you are full, for the sake of balance a little bump of 1000-2000 blood per session seems fair.

This could also reduce KOS. When players who gunfights find themselves get clipped, and having to run away to lick their wounds the trolling element would pretty quickly drop away. A lack of blood bags brings serious risks to a gunfight. A single gunshot wound has meaning if players can't instantly heal.

*Keeping above going hungry level should regen your blood quicker.

*Being full but not in surplus slows it down.

*Being at netural or hungry stops regen

*Starving makes it go down.

Edited by Trizzo

I am no doctor but IRL i dont think you can pick up a moldy bloodbag from the floor and inject it into your bloodstream.

How about a blood transfusion mechanic where someone can donate blood. Hell you could even kidnap someone and drain their blood for your use.

I would rather run around anaemic rather than pumping unknown blood ( blood type / was it stored in the right place etc. ) into my veins.

There's a reason that you are required to be bloodbagged from another person and can't just do it to yourself:

Look around. You see all the talk about shoot-on-sight bandits? The distrust in the air?

That is what we call a lack of incentive to help random people.

If we make the option to blood bag yourself available, what in all of Chernarus will make random people want to help you?

And the answer is this: Almost absolutely nothing.

Because needing two people is what temporarily breaks the bonds of the shoot-on-sight mentality. It makes someone feel vulnerable whereas before they were ruthless killers. It takes you back to that primal stage of life, where we realized for the first time that we couldn't just set our sights on anyone and everyone, and that we needed other people.

It's part of what makes this game different from the Call of Duty franchise and it's age-old gameplay.

It's part of what makes this game what it is.

:D yay restrict the game to attempt to control human nature while punishing loners that hide from other survivors to avoid the inevitable conflict.

The only reason you can't give yourself a transfusion is to try and force you to walk up to a random and ask they don't kill you if they haven't already, and it bugs me.

100% agree, it's not worth the energy arguing about it when it doesn't make any sense in the first place. If you used blood bags IRL like you can in dayz you would be dead, the blood is old and has been sitting out for who knows how long.

Edited by Chris529

If you used blood bags IRL like you can in dayz you would be dead, the blood is old and has been sitting out for who knows how long.

...and if you used morphine you would enjoy some dreams instead of having instafixed broken bones

blood bags (and broken bones + morphine) are representatives of a gameplay mechanic using assets from the original game this mod is based on. they are not entirely literal. just like broken bones symbolize an "immobilized" status, and morphine is the agent to counter that status, are blood bags representative of a healing item, with added mechanic that it needs to be applied by another person than the patient himself.

Seriously, that's a good idea. Force those clans to hunt...

there is nothing you need to "force" - you can harvest meat easily, just running past an animal, hatcheting it, there is no effort or challenge involved - if anything, implement a mechanic which makes animals flee so you need to actually hunt and shoot them properly instead of just walking up to an animal and "harvesting" it..

Now, let's just make a fine cut here... *STAB* AAAAAGGHHHHH

And who do you think you are getting the blood from?

Oh did you think this was an actual blood pack and not a transfusion kit?

When I saw this thread at first I assumed it was a thread about making being an emo a feature in DayZ.

Edited by Chaingunfighter