martin3423

self blooding

Ya know, I'm not sure where the knife comes into play. Can someone explain it to me? The blood bag i get, but the knife?

what try the say with the knife like example. you were shot by a guy you would pull the bullet out with a knife but umm this suggestion i made when i though it was. but thinking about it now would be redicoulous

The server I play on has self bloodbag.....but you have to have a knife and the blood goes bad if you have it for too long in your inventory or a tent. You can get infection from the bad blood......The infection causes you to lose blood slowly until you find antibiotics. I see no problem with the way the server runs. I noticed more people trying to be heroes on there than bandits. Me personally.....I'm a completionist I'm out for the gear. The pvp is just a bonus so I could care less about bloodbags.....well until I need a transfusion. :D

I am no doctor but IRL i dont think you can pick up a moldy bloodbag from the floor and inject it into your bloodstream.

How about a blood transfusion mechanic where someone can donate blood. Hell you could even kidnap someone and drain their blood for your use.

blood types A+ and B- =death

I like the idea of self bloodbagging. I think it should be a fairly slow process though to avoid exploitation. It should have to be done away from other players and take a good 30 seconds or so so that it can't be used in combat.

Blood bags are great! I refuse to believe that someone can blood bag themselves without ripping the top off and chugging down the foreign substance for health (blood) because an IV (intravenious) kit requires an injection with a needle and someone or something holding the bag up. Blood regeneration takes time and requires a healthy diet to obtain, in time. I do agree only so much food should be eaten at a given time limit, but blood bags should require two people and not only for the random player encounter scenario each of us so desprately need (especially the unknown lone wolf). I would like to suggest a time the blood bag must have to feed the player's body to heal.

A lot of the arguments against self blood bag in this thread can easily be fixed by changing how the bag functions slightly. For instance on my server (which has self bloodbag) I have it set with the following rules

-Can't be used in combat

-Takes a minute to use

-15 minutes before another can be used

-Only restores 6k blood

-High rate of infection

-No humanity for self bloodbag

Using these rules my playerbase seems to think it's well balanced because having a somebody blood bag you is clearly better, but it allows lonewolf players to have a way to boost their blood without killing a dozen animals.

• Like 1

There should at least be different blood types to choose from, depending on what blood type the player who's receiving the transfusion is.

I am no doctor but IRL i dont think you can pick up a moldy bloodbag from the floor and inject it into your bloodstream.

How about a blood transfusion mechanic where someone can donate blood. Hell you could even kidnap someone and drain their blood for your use.

^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^

This should, at least, be added to the SA. It would give people a reason to try to kidnap you, rather than shoot-on-sight. Just to add to it, there could be all the blood types (A, B, AB, and O). O can give to everyone, but receive only other O's, A can give to and receive from AB and A, B can give to and receive from B and AB, and AB can receive from all but give only to AB.

Also, you might be able to give yourself blood from a blood-bag........but chances are, probably not. Instead of a "success" every time you transfer blood to yourself, there could be a very high chance of failure. This would keep the no-shoot-on-sight mentality, but it would provide a possible thing to do if you need blood but have no one. It would add a risk to either try to save yourself (or die trying), or to trust the next guy (if there is another player around)/

• Like 1