rocket

Hotfix Build 1.7.1.4 Rolling Update (was 1.7.1.3)

Not starting with morphine makes things much much harder. Zombie's hit like trucks and your limbs break seemingly randomly. Can we bring morphine back as part of the spawning loadout?

OT: (or not)

I can´t hear this anymore!!! It´s still ALPHA ALPHA ALPHA!!! I hate those people complaing about buying ARMA2 and now DayZ is f...ng sh.t!

You´ve heard about DayZ, bought Arma2, installed everything and now??? You are disapointed? You guys make me cry, because YOU SIR!!! did not read any forum post or announcement correct!!! You only heard "DayZ, zombie shlashing, coooooool" ... sorry for that, but you´re dumbasses and have NO respect for the modder. You are not helping, do you?!

And again ALPHA ALPHA ALPHA!!!

Keep up your good work rocket. :)

Played some last night. Spawned on south coast several times. Running. Took some fumbling to stop. too late. (bug)

Managed to reach a barn north of the coast. Zed are enthusiastic to say the least.

They followed me in the barn but I was able to hide from them.

Fell down and broke my leg. unconscious awoke and bandaged - no morphine. blood 6252

I found hatchet. Survivor showed up. I crawled away and avoided him - he had no weapon. He died. not sure what happened to him. But he was laying in the middle of the barn when I turned around.

Zed moved on or de-spawned while I was in the barn. Crawling around I started bleeding again and re-bandaged. is this bug?

Crawled to a deer stand. Zed spawned but I came in behind them. I climbed the ladder with a broken leg. Cans. Lots of cans.

Went to fountain and tried to fill empty whiskey bottle. Doesn't work. Bug?

OH yeah and finally, i found shotgun. The hatchet disappears. It doesn't go into pack or inventory.

all for now.

I can also confirm that I begin with 40+ FPS and after 30 minutes to an hour come to a crawling 10 or so frames per second. Perhaps a memory leak somewhere? Not sure, I'm only a hardware/software tech and not a programmer. I know it fixed when I restarted my computer, didn't try restarting just the game though, sorry.

Here is confirmation on some issues I have found:

-the possible memory leak I spoke of (edit: if it helps I am using a Nvidia gtx 570 SC (overclocked card) with the latest drivers, someone in a page after me said it could be related to Nvidia cards)

-cannot add all sorts of items to (noob) backpack, they just disappear (have tried lee enfield, double barrel shotty and hatchet)

-picking up a watch makes you drop a ton of gear

-zombies will attack without animation some of the time

-cannot drop hatchet after equipping it as main weapon

-crossbow attack misses badly/goes through target sometimes (might be arma 2 engine flaw)

-difficult to target wire fencing kit to remove an already placed kit (only tried this once though)

-crawling through doorways prone doesn't work so well, my buddy even broke a bone doing it haha

-speaking of bone breaking, I have also broken a bone swimming before too heh, not to mention losing inventory (which I heard is an arma 2 flaw?)

Not to sound nitpicky or anything, just trying to point out things to help with this incredible Alpha. It's seriously impressive for it's state and I can't wait to see it mature, even though it's rediculously fun as it is.

You should be proud of your work Rocket. This game is better than sliced bread to myself and many others, and I would happily shell out sixty bucks for a polished version of it in a bandit heartbeat. (Logged 60+ hours and haven't killed a soul yet actually, omg not a murderer yet!)

The only problem now is waiting for you to shut up and take my money. :D

Please do that.

I feel the zombies are a little too 'twitchy' now when it comes to reacting to a player's movements.

I had a swarm on me all because I took *one* crouch-running step inside a building.

Crouch-running used to be useful, now I feel like I have bells attached to my shoes.

May as well replace our feet with Enfields and have them fire every time we take a step that's not ridiculously slow.

I've also noticed the performance issues that bonesnap mentioned above.

Game is fine for a while, then I got spotted and it hammers down to 10-14fps and hangs there until I quit. Potentially related to the zombie A.I.? I'm not sure.

I also couldn't pick up a hatchet I found on the ground in a shed, the option didn't appear unless I was walking, and when I clicked on 'Pick up hatchet' it just ignored it.

Noticed a LOT of dead bodies which were invisible/removed but the flies were still buzzing away, too.

Shooting zombies to clear an area and have them respawn there about 10 seconds later.

Also zombies spawning in the stairwell in apartment buildings stuck in the stairs, is that normal? :/

random bug i noticed. sometimes when i spawn in, i see a copy of myself just... there. I can take loot off my clone and eventually (maybe a server restart) it disappears. Ive seen other players like this too. came across a guy at starry just standing there not attracting any zombies. he didnt move for hours. I was able to loot him just fine. Weird bug.

Also, the zombies are waaaaaaaaay too powerful. I was just at the NWAF with some friends and they got one aggro on them in the north barracks. I was covering them from a hill outside the airfield and as soon as a single shot was fired at least 20 zombies came from god knows where and rushed inside the barracks. With each shot they fired more and more zombies just came sprinting out of nowhere. We were alone on the server (just the 3 of us) at the time so no zombies were being spawned by other players in another section of the airfield or anything... they just kept coming and coming. at this point its not even fun to play. you waste WAY more ammo and medical supplies trying to explore then you are going to find WHILE you explore. there is literally no benefit to going near any location that spawns zombies right now. Just hunt and refill water bottles and stay alive... thats pretty much all there is to do. Zombies need to be toned down ASAP.

I didnt read about it in the newest Patchnote anymore so i wanna ask' date=' is the respawn timer of Zeds still buggy? Yesterday i fired on Rifle shoot on a little Farm, like 200 meters away, i excpected some Zeds but me and my mate got overrun by like 15 of them, we almost killed every single on but i got knockeout so my mate chopped the shit out of them, but long story short...

- within 45-60 seconds after the shoot, 3 Zeds already respawned down there in the farm! Is that normal or still buggy?

[/quote']

I've found the same issue. Used a Lee Enfield in a barn to clear out the zombies in the area. Killed 19 and figured there wouldn't be a Z within Coo-ee distance. Walked outside and already Z's respawned all over the field. Seems impossible to clear and area and have some peace and quiet for a bit. Also not a fan of Z's spawning next to you in a field. As for the patch, i seem to be an exception to the rule. Don't mind crawling around to avoid Z's.

This means the bottleneck is the CPU / game logic. Your GPU doesnt need to work as hard if the CPU only requests a new frame to drawn 25% of the time.

Game logic maybe' date=' but it's definitely not my CPU. An i5-2500K @ 4.6ghz should not be bottlenecking a GTX460, and it didn't with any other DayZ patch, or any other game for that matter.

[/quote']

Sorry I meant a runaway process in the game is hogging all your CPU or at least one of the cores.

Definitely a game bug.

- Seen zombies walk in a building, then go in and out of walls while making 360's and elevating.

- Player spawning with a new primary gun every time changing servers

- invisible to other players

Im watching a stream and saw these bugs there. Also think there is hacking going on there. (not by streamer)

this and the bugs ive seen reported last couple days made me skip the most awesome game ive played on pc for about 4 days now. Not to preserve any of my gear, ill lose that one way or the other.

I know this game will end up being the shit.. but damn didnt think it would get raped before that could happen. Even got all my buddies on this. yeah they wont be back.

For the people with the huge FPS drops, are you running Nvidia or AMD/ATI cards? I'm just wondering if it's specific to one or the other

I am having the problem with an Nvidia card but my friend isn't having any issues with his AMD card. It could just be a coincidence though.

Anyone who says the game is currently unplayable is an impatient moron. For the past few days I've been through 1.7.1, 1.7.1.1, 1.7.1.2 and 1.7.1.3/4 and STILL been able to play normally. I even lost my gear on the x1.4 patch and still managed to sneak all the way through Stary Sobor into the military camp, loot every tent and left with a G17 and M16. Not a single shot fired. A few minutes later I looted a crashed huey with out firing a single shot either. So if you're currently saying this game is "unplayable", it's not; you're doing it wrong. This game is not for you if all you want to do is run and gun and get instant gratification.

However, that's not to say that visibility isn't a bit dodgey right now. There definately is something up with zombies being able to spot you from quite a distance if you are crouching. I don't think it needs too much changing though, it's just the range they can see you from that needs tweaking. Perhaps crouch walking could benefit from ever-so-slightly less visibility as I've had a few annoying surprises during some town-looting that just didn't seem right (mostly where you need to crouch to enter buildings as you get stuck when prone, getting you spotted from 20m away).

As far as FPS goes, I've never had it go below ~18 and that was when the loot cleanup was messed in 1.7.1.x. Other than that, it's always somewhere above 30. I haven't noticed it dropping over time, but I don't monitor my FPS; even after 8+ hours in the same session it has never dropped low enough for me to notice change atleast.

I haven't really tried melee yet as I prefer my M107, but I've been a bit hesitant about picking up a hatchet. My whole group lost their hatches from gear so finding wood has been a bit of a problem. Are we able to just pickup a hatchet as the gear item? We're all pretty paranoid about picking up the hatchet and it dropping our primaries into the the abyss.

Starting with no gun was probably the best change this mod has received. Before, I had gotten to the point where I just shot on sight as it was all anyone else did; there was no point waiting to see if people were "friendly" or not, I lost far too much gear doing that. Now though, because we were so dependant on each other at the start, I've gone from a group of 3 to a group of 5-6. It's quite an experience; meeting two random people in Electro, NOT shooting each other, helping one another find weapons/gear then exploring the entire map for several days with them.

So yeah, Rocket, please keep experimenting. This is a mod AND an alpha. The two best things for experimentation. I don't give a shit if you try something and it doesn't work or even if it breaks the entire game (temporarily, of course, you better fix that shit). Although I do like some good booty I have no appetite for the man-variety, but I will say that I, and many others, are extremely appreciative of the time and effort you have put into this mod. Also, please remember that a majority of the people who really enjoy your work don't have the time to post about how much we do; we're playing it.

I have to agree with March, i had my leg broken by a zombie or bugged up stairs/ladder texture last 3 times i played, and i had collected some nice gear by then but no morphine, so i crawled for like an hour to Cherno hospital, plus agroed a bunch of zombies from like 50 m while crawling trough grass (i guess this is a bug cause it doesn't happen regularly). Any how my point is when u manage to fix ladder/stair bugs that break legs, and zombis breaking your leg on first hit (didn't just happen to me, saw it on a couple of streams also), bring back that one pack of morphine. I don't mind starting with this, it's even kinda cool, except for water bottle since coke/pepsi spawns are still kinda bugged. Just till you clear out this bugs cause it's really annoying when u have to crawl for and hour cause you stepped through and bugged up texture.

And about this alpha issue, that's a bit of a defense mechanism by Rocket for everything. There is a reason why alfa is played usually by a thousand or couple of thousand people and 250k. Some games don't even have open Beta, let alone alpha. And if you want 250k ppl developing your alpha you then have some responsibilities, and this is why Rocket is releasing hot fixes every day. But also why all these whines are necessary so he can know what doesn't work.

Anyone who says the game is currently unplayable is an impatient moron. For the past few days I've been through 1.7.1' date=' 1.7.1.1, 1.7.1.2 and 1.7.1.3/4 and STILL been able to play normally. I even lost my gear on the x1.4 patch and still managed to sneak all the way through Stary Sobor into the military camp, loot every tent and left with a G17 and M16. Not a single shot fired. A few minutes later I looted a crashed huey with out firing a single shot either. So if you're currently saying this game is "unplayable", it's not; you're doing it wrong. This game is not for you if all you want to do is run and gun and get instant gratification.

However, that's not to say that visibility isn't a bit dodgey right now. There definately is something up with zombies being able to spot you from quite a distance if you are crouching. I don't think it needs too much changing though, it's just the range they can see you from that needs tweaking. Perhaps crouch walking could benefit from ever-so-slightly less visibility as I've had a few annoying surprises during some town-looting that just didn't seem right (mostly where you need to crouch to enter buildings as you get stuck when prone, getting you spotted from 20m away).

As far as FPS goes, I've never had it go below ~18 and that was when the loot cleanup was messed in 1.7.1.x. Other than that, it's always somewhere above 30. I haven't noticed it dropping over time, but I don't monitor my FPS; even after 8+ hours in the same session it has never dropped low enough for me to notice change atleast.

I haven't really tried melee yet as I prefer my M107, but I've been a bit hesitant about picking up a hatchet. My whole group lost their hatches from gear so finding wood has been a bit of a problem. Are we able to just pickup a hatchet as the gear item? We're all pretty paranoid about picking up the hatchet and it dropping our primaries into the the abyss.

Starting with no gun was probably the best change this mod has received. Before, I had gotten to the point where I just shot on sight as it was all anyone else did; there was no point waiting to see if people were "friendly" or not, I lost far too much gear doing that. Now though, because we were so dependant on each other at the start, I've gone from a group of 3 to a group of 5-6. It's quite an experience; meeting two random people in Electro, NOT shooting each other, helping one another find weapons/gear then exploring the entire map for several days with them.

So yeah, Rocket, please keep experimenting. This is a mod AND an alpha. The two best things for experimentation. I don't give a shit if you try something and it doesn't work or even if it breaks the entire game (temporarily, of course, you better fix that shit). Although I do like some good booty I have no appetite for the man-variety, but I will say that I, and many others, are extremely appreciative of the time and effort you have put into this mod. Also, please remember that a majority of the people who really enjoy your work don't have the time to post about how much we do; we're playing it.

[/quote']

This is 100% truth, stealth if anything is more fun and tense now, I have managed to go through various towns and their enterable buildings without aggroing a zombie. But yeah sometimes if I am not paying attention and I am crouch walking/running many metres away a zombie I am surprised that I aggro it but realy I should have been more cautious as soon as I saw the zombie. 1.7.1.4 seems completely playable to me and can't wait for future updates.

Melee seems OK, I've been using the hatchet (because I had no primary weapon) for a day and it seems to be able to kill them about 2-3 metres away (tested when a zombie stopped moving at a building entrance) which obviously isn't strictly realistic but if it doesn't have that range zeds will just rape you. Sometimes I felt I had some good swings on zeds chasing me and it seemed to do no damage but it killed it after about 3.

And about this alpha issue' date=' that's a bit of a defense mechanism by Rocket for everything.

[/quote']

Didn't see him state that. It's more of a defenisve mechanism of those fanboys. Seems like they also love to hide behind 'it's more realistic' when faced with complaints about gameplay that bends the facts of live on planet earth.

Anyone who says the game is currently unplayable is an impatient moron...hurrdurr...This game is not for you if all you want to do is run and gun and get instant gratification.

:rolleyes: this forum

I wonder if the equipment problem might have to do with standing dead bodies. like if someone loots them and puts equipment on them then it changes on the database for the player that disconnected. Sorry i tried to explain as best as i could.

Fps has dropped allot in this patch i went from 60 fps to 11 in cherno aprtments. Keep up the good work though appreciate everything you do. Plus zombies still glitch through walls and the hiding doesnt work very well since when you come out of your hiding place they come after you

Other than the little things, one thing is still standing out to me as a major bug.

Zombie spawn issues.

Me and a friend tried to clear stary camp but as we arrived, zombies spawned right next to us.

We figured it was just a glitch but it happened 3 out of 3 times of trying to approach the camp.

Haven't played properly since 1.6 because of this.

Server we had this issue on last night was UK26

the zeds are way to fast, they should have the same running speed like a survivor.

looks very unrealistic when they charge at you with super high speed.

the visibility and the audibility needs only a bit tweaking, its ok as it is.

now its challenging and its not a boring marathon into a town without aggroing any zombie.

I don't have a problem with the zombies vision/hearing too much, just go prone and be careful. The problem is that many buildings can't be entered without going into a crouch, when you have no weapons and you need to crouch for 2 steps to get over the doorstop, you're dead, since you agro every zombie within a 200m radius.

After a respawn, the only place you're able to enter without agroing zombies are barns and other buildings with big doors.

For the people with the huge FPS drops' date=' are you running Nvidia or AMD/ATI cards? I'm just wondering if it's specific to one or the other

I am having the problem with an Nvidia card but my friend isn't having any issues with his AMD card. It could just be a coincidence though.

[/quote']

No it's not, i was on with a mate 6 Z's chased us he didn't get the fps drop i did he runs 2x590 i was running 2x570's

Anyone who says the game is currently unplayable is an impatient moron. For the past few days I've been through 1.7.1' date=' 1.7.1.1, 1.7.1.2 and 1.7.1.3/4 and STILL been able to play normally. I even lost my gear on the x1.4 patch and still managed to sneak all the way through Stary Sobor into the military camp, loot every tent and left with a G17 and M16. Not a single shot fired. A few minutes later I looted a crashed huey with out firing a single shot either. So if you're currently saying this game is "unplayable", it's not; you're doing it wrong. This game is not for you if all you want to do is run and gun and get instant gratification.

[/quote']

Well, thank you. But would you please explain to me how to do it right then? I am not able to move around in a building (2nd floor), sneaking or crawling, without attracting zombies from the street.

Is this realistic in your opinion?

I agree with most if the things you said, but not with insulting people who think this is over the top (which it clearly is).

Other than the little things' date=' one thing is still standing out to me as a major bug.

Zombie spawn issues.

Me and a friend tried to clear stary camp but as we arrived, zombies spawned right next to us.

We figured it was just a glitch but it happened 3 out of 3 times of trying to approach the camp.

Haven't played properly since 1.6 because of this.

Server we had this issue on last night was UK26

[/quote']

This is the problem I was trying to explain earlier. We run UK26 and prior to .4 the server ran perfectly. Z spawns when aggro'd are broken with repeated spawns and aggro from miles away. High desync and hugely increased network traffic. The server was stable before we updated to .4