rocket

Hotfix Build 1.7.1.4 Rolling Update (was 1.7.1.3)

WILD ideas? Wow, what a WILD idea that zombies can see you through the whole city, in 150meters.

Great idea, what a genius, somebody needs to give that guy a price....

Not.

Im not talking about the no weapon thing, thats a new idea, this shit with the zombies is a monster bug.

since sneaking is useless dayz is just a stupid shooter like the other 1000000. if i spawn i run like hell through the map and hope that inside the next building is a weapon.

this alphatest is just anoying, i mean we post bugs and instead of solving this bugs rocket implement new features with new bugs. Thats definitively not the way software/game-development should run. last useful version was 0.7, since them every patch/hotfix generates tons of new bugs that need a new hotfix with new bugs.

Upon further investigation of my low framerates, I discovered I am only at around 20% GPU usage for some reason. It starts out smooth at 100% usage, but within 5 minutes it drops to 15-20% GPU usage and 12-15FPS. I haven't changed any settings at all, and I still get normal FPS with the 1.7.0 patch.

@ ZA Edge - you sir are a tool, should uninstall and wait for the testing to end.

Back to the mod, like the updates but zeds vision I feel needs needing a tad , great work so far however

Upon further investigation of my low framerates' date=' I discovered I am only at around 20% GPU usage for some reason. It starts out smooth at 100% usage, but within 5 minutes it drops to 15-20% GPU usage and 12-15FPS. I haven't changed any settings at all, and I still get normal FPS with the 1.7.0 patch.

[/quote']

good hardware + low fps = dayz server with shit performance

Tested 1.7.1.4 last night on the whole its good, zombies are not stood in buildings any more certain other probs seem to have been solved.

But

Zombies awareness levels is too high crouch walk is unusable atm, and im not going to be spending all my time in prone to get to a building 200m away, zombies were aggroing for no reason and just running through the hedges and buildings to attack even though they seemed to be way beyond whats possible away from you.

About the only way to enter town now is run at full speed through the town into a building kill dozens of zombies, loot said building. Full speed to next building, repeat etc etc

We need to be able to sneak around them maybe make them hyper only when facing you if you move.

Axes not good, id asume the same for crowbars, can it exist in 2 places at the same time?

So its available for chopping wood but if you have no primary weapon it is in both slots?

But when you have a primary gun it disappears from the main slot.

Or just have crowbars as an aggro weapon and return axes where they were?

Can we have random encounters in the forest with zeds or nasty animals, the amount of time we spend in forests and its like a completly safe zone unless a sniper is nearby

As a footnote rarely do i compliment games but this has the making of a great game and we spend hours in it. Top marks to rocket for bringing the gaming market back to reality.

Keep up the good work

JEEZ' date=' what's with this sense of entitlement? You didn't buy anything from Rocket or any Dayz developer, you bought ARMA2:OA, which is an excellent game in its own right. If THAT didn't work, you would have cause to bitch about how you paid for it, but the mod developers owe you jack shit.

[/quote']

Bla bla bla bla.

Yes i buyed ARMA 2, but that does not mean that i cant criticize this mod.

This zombie bug destroyed the game and if they dont want, that the monster hype at the moment is gone, history with one finger snip, than they need to fucking patch it, now.

Sorry for the bad english.

Zombie aggro is so bad right now that I just say "fuck it" and sprint to whatever building I need to get to and then pick off the few zombies that don't get stuck at the entrance. IMO that's not the way the game is meant to be played.

it`s possible to drop the "ammo" for the hatchet

i think i did it when i accidentally droped my AK.... their was also an Ammosign (like shootgunshells) with the name hatchet in the inventory on the leftside where the stuff is shown which is on the ground but i didn`t picked it up because i thought it was some kind of bug.... after i move a bit away i switch the mainweapon to the hatchet but couldn`t reload it anymore

had to get me a new one

anyway love the meleecombat... would be nice to spawn with a crowbar and get some pvp melee action on the beach ;)

While Rocket's vision may be the 'only vision'' date=' he has to remember this is a community release and not his private little wank closet.

While I appreciated the dedication Rocket has put to this, he's trying to fix what's not fucking [b']broken. The visibility and audibility systems worked fucking fine, but no, let's go full steam ahead and plunge the player base in a way to difficult feature.

I'd like to see community postings of new features to be honest, because then shit like this wouldn't be added at all. This is something that needs to happen, despite Rockets obvious neglect to the community's suggestions.

@ Thygrrr

If you have ever in your life stepped out of the house, you'll know walking on a road makes fuck all sound at all. Even when sprinting you have to strain to hear someone across the street doing it.

Excuse me but i hardly think the visibility system worked. The fact you could safely crawl right in front of Zeds?? What a joke! Something needed to be done and has been done. There may be issue at the moment but this is definitely the way forward.

I have said this many a time, but - its the fucking Zombie Apocalypse people!!!

Upon further investigation of my low framerates' date=' I discovered I am only at around 20% GPU usage for some reason. It starts out smooth at 100% usage, but within 5 minutes it drops to 15-20% GPU usage and 12-15FPS. I haven't changed any settings at all, and I still get normal FPS with the 1.7.0 patch.

[/quote']

This means the bottleneck is the CPU / game logic. Your GPU doesnt need to work as hard if the CPU only requests a new frame to drawn 25% of the time.

If you have ever in your life stepped out of the house' date=' you'll know walking on a road makes fuck all sound at all. Even when sprinting you have to strain to hear someone across the street doing it.

[/quote']

Did you ever walk through loose gravel?

And yes, the sounds on solid stone / asphalt are too loud.

About FPS.

I joined a server as it said totaly patched, i got very nice fps, around 40-50. But in one hour or less my FPS slowly dropped to 15 or even 10. I tried everithing with no success. When I complitely restarted the the game and join the same server i got the same ~50 FPS but not for long again. I think it's graphic engine's issue of arma 2.

I can confirm a massive breakdown of FSP after playing a while (no matter where you play)

Clear sky nights still too dark unrealistic

Zombies knocking you unconscious is way too high meaning 1 hit = death for those without other ppl to help out.

Excuse me but i hardly think the visibility system worked. The fact you could safely crawl right in front of Zeds?? What a joke! Something needed to be done and has been done. There may be issue at the moment but this is definitely the way forward.

I have said this many a time' date=' but - its the fucking Zombie Apocalypse people!!!

[/quote']

Yeah, works totally, im couch on the ground, no line on sound and see status and zombies 150-200m away started to run, thats not fun, thats not realistic, thats just bullshit.

Server Admins - get your shit together and install the right files!!!! All this talk of rolling back to 1.7, etc is causing havok. How can we frigging test if the files arent correct???

Zombies knocking you unconscious is way too high meaning 1 hit = death of those with other ppl to help out.

I like this, it makes you shaking if you just imagine you can lost everithing if those beasts touch you.

I also dont like morning sun blind effect when it's in clouds, but this is probably not about dayz mod.

This means the bottleneck is the CPU / game logic. Your GPU doesnt need to work as hard if the CPU only requests a new frame to drawn 25% of the time.

Game logic maybe, but it's definitely not my CPU. An i5-2500K @ 4.6ghz should not be bottlenecking a GTX460, and it didn't with any other DayZ patch, or any other game for that matter.

I can confirm a massive breakdown of FSP after playing a while (no matter where you play)

it seems to happen after being chased by multiple zombies

its working beautifully, love the no weapon spawn, but fpss are gradually dropping to nothingness when entering towns. Keep up the good work, this is shaping up to be way, way more than amod, or even a "game". Thank you for it!

Massive FPS drops. Like from 70 => 10. How long should the dead survivor bodies stay now? Because on some servers elektro and cherno are full of bodies. I mean if you like die 3 times in short time, you can go visit all these bodies later. ...and the flies. Reconnect seems to help for the fps problem. But it comes back at some point. Never had this bad FPS problems before 1.7.1.4

I have said this many a time, but - its the fucking Zombie Apocalypse people!!!

Stop making the difference between the game and reality.

A zombie apocalypse has never occured so you can not know how zombies will act and what they will do.

The only thing we can do is guess, and when we are guessing we might as well make the game not impossible to play..

At first the zombies were too blind indeed, But now they have superman krypton eyes.. Their eye vision just went from 0 to 10. Maybe hit the 5 or the 6 in next patch?

@Rocket

A Real Hatchet

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Wikipedia: Hatchet

A hatchet (from the Old French hachete, a diminutive form of hache , 'axe' of Germanic origin) is a single-handed striking tool with a sharp blade used to cut and split wood. Hatchets may also be used for hewing when making flattened surfaces on logs; when the hatchet head is optimized for this purpose it is called a broadaxe.

Hatchets are taxonomically differentiated from hand axes by the addition of a hammer head and/or a head 1–3 pounds (500 to 1,500 grams) in weight. However, to most of the world a hatchet and an axe tend to mean the same thing.

Hatchets have a variety of uses, such as tasks normally done by a pocket knife when one is not present. The hatchet can also be used to create a fire through sparks and friction. Hatchet throwing is increasing in popularity.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Your DayzMod Hatchet:

A Hatchet can be used to harvest Wood Piles in forests and be used as a melee weapon.

The Hatchet is treated as a primary weapon, meaning that when picking it up you will require an empty primary weapon slot. It is not possible to store the Hatchet in your backpack.

=======================================================

My Question is now, is it a hatchet or a axe in game?

and again, Hatchet = single-handed / axe = two-handet

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Axe#Axes_designed_to_cut_or_shape_wood

Ok - updated to the patch last night (1.7.1.4) expecting a huge bloody, buggy mess, as per the description on the forums.

Was pleasantly surprised to get onto a server no problem (Chicago 12 or 17, I think), with a minimal wait (no more than I'd expect when connecting to any online game) and with good FPS and everything apparently normal.

Spawned with all my gear in the north, where I expected to be. Set out to find a hatchet, and got one after various adventures. All working normally.

Loot seems to have returned to its normal state after going 'barren' in 1.7.1.2.

I did my usual sneaking around zombies in the PRONE* position and didn't find their senses to be uber-normal. They were behaving much like they have been in previous builds. Although I was probably a bit wary and didn't get as close as I used to, just in case. I kept to my usual distance while outside and crouch walking, and didn't notice them aggroing from any further away than normal.

However, I did:

*Aggro zombies while I was in a barn and they were outside. I think it may have been noise, as they were alerted the second I started crouch walking. They couldn't see me. Ditto while I was in an airfield tower.

*Aggro zombies that were round corners as I crouch-walked past. I couldn't see or hear them - the first thing I knew about it was the 'attack scream' (On another note, I like the new zombie sounds, but some are a bit similar to the 'attack' noise for my liking).

Now: The hatchet/Meleee combat.

Great that this is in the game, but I'd respectfully ask for a rethink on the hatchet now taking up a weapon slot. It's majorly annoying for it to take up so many slots in your backpack when you want to switch to a rifle, and doing so inevtiably led to me losing all my rifle ammo, even though I'd carefully cleared space for it in my inventory before the switch. It vanished the minute I put my rifle in my backpack.....

The hatchet worked fine in combat, although I did have to 'reload' it upon first use each time, and it also gave off a puff of smoke!

All in all - great work! Tonight I think I'll ditch my 200-zombie kills char and start afresh. That guy deserves a break.

*You guys know that going PRONE and crawling is, and always has been, the only surefire way to sneak past zombies, right?

With the reliance on prone with the new patches you need to be able to crawl into and out of buildings more consistently. I've had a number of deaths so far because my character will go from prone to crouching after leaving a building and this instantly ramps the sound meter to 3. Consequently you agro any Z's within a large radius. Makes it very frustrating when you've successfully avoided a horde on the way in. The auto crouch also occurs on the way in but usually with not as drastic consequences.

I like the changes with the new patches. Much more intense starting with hardly any gear and having zombies much more dangerous.