Sign in to follow this  
Chaingunfighter

'Hardcore' Permanent Death

So, say you're a Veteran player who wanted something different. You've had your fair share of L85s, M107s and the like, you've practically been everywhere there is to be on the map. If you shoot someone and kill them, any gear you leave they could just as easily come and get again.

How do you solve this?

Permadeath.

It really explains itself, anyone who died would not be allowed to respawn; at all. Of course, this definitely shouldn't be mandatory but it could be something optional to make events more interesting.

Besides doing this, it would also discourage/encourage KoS (depending on the scenario);

If you're a new spawn and you've just grabbed a basic weapon; a Makarov or Hatchet or something, you'd definitely think twice before you shoot someone else is armed (simply put; you screw up, you get screwed.) Of course, this would also be problematic with players who killed soley for the reason to 'troll' or upset other players by forcing them off.

It would definitely be interesting to at least see some servers utilize this.

(Also, this may have been suggested before, but no one has used tags and any existing versions of this are buried under 400 pages of posts)

The server would run out of players in no time.

If someone really wanted that on their server, they could decide to ban players who had been killed.

Reminds me of my suggestion:

How about once you die, your CD key is banned and you have to purchase the entire game again?

oXvAZ55.jpg?1

• Like 4

If someone really wanted that on their server, they could decide to ban players who had been killed.

No.

All Servers run of players in no time. ;)

That idea isn't strong enough. It should be; If you die in the game, you should be given the death penalty in reality (regardless of whether your country of residence has capital punishment).

Edited by Chaingunfighter

It really explains itself, anyone who died would not be allowed to respawn; at all.

Do you mean you can only join a server once and if you die you can't play on it anymore?

That would mean you would only have a limited number of times you could play the game before you're stuck with 300+ping servers from Madagascar - not good (for players, or business).

if that isn't what you meant, what is the difference between perma death and the current system where the only thing that you keep after dying is your name? that is pretty hard core as-is.

That idea isn't strong enough. It should be; If you die in the game, you should be given the death penalty in reality (regardless of whether your country of residence has capital punishment).

Good idea! The dev team could hire Stabman!

Do you mean you can only join a server once and if you die you can't play on it anymore?

That would mean you would only have a limited number of times you could play the game before you're stuck with 300+ping servers from Madagascar - not good (for players, or business).

if that isn't what you meant, what is the difference between perma death and the current system where the only thing that you keep after dying is your name? that is pretty hard core as-is.

Tough luck, bub.

(I am not an idea person)

how about if you come within 100m of your corpse it disappears and all your loot is gone. I guess you could tell your friends to go get it but if you play alone then you won't be going back for your loot.

Hello there

I think that just playing in the Vanilla environ of the SA will be hardcore enough for many players used to playing on those "easy" 300+ vehicles/custom loadout servers.

For a hardcore experience now, simply play one of the rare Vanilla servers. That'll be hard enough for most folk.

Rgds

LoK

I think that this could be done for "special events". A server is set up, a call put out, 50 players start, no respawning allowed once you die and the last man standing wins.

• Like 2

You know what game did this.... "cough" WarZ "cough"

All it did was encourage people to kill others because it offered LOL's to add a timer to them

@OP

The game is already perma death. There's no continue button which lets you load at your last position. You basically start fresh. That's what perma death used to mean. There are just no levels which are set back.

I think the idea is a bit too radical, maybe something along the line of one life per server restart, granted it would have to be a server that attracted a large number of players, & at the end of the day there a plenty of other servers to join when you die. thinking private hive here by the way, dunno how it would work public..

I think that this could be done for "special events". A server is set up, a call put out, 50 players start, no respawning allowed once you die and the last man standing wins.

That was more along the lines of what I was thinking, I guess the way I put it out there didn't really make sense.

I'd never have any intention of this being mandatory and obviously you wouldn't put this on your server unless you were doing some sort of event.