OrLoK

DAYZ Developer MINI Blog April 10th

If they pick any of these famous youtuber goofs to make a pre-alpha release vid/blog/interview, they should have the videos hosted on some charity channel so the bit of ad revenue goes to something more useful than Frankie's pocket. Same goes for any pre-release vids by any streamers/tubers. Just my opinion.

• Like 12

If they pick any of these famous youtuber goofs to make a pre-alpha release vid/blog/interview, they should have the videos hosted on some charity channel so the bit of ad revenue goes to something more useful than Frankie's pocket. Same goes for any pre-release vids by any streamers/tubers. Just my opinion.

Totally agree. Just because some guys got famous off of Bohemia's game doesn't mean he should gain a bunch of money, and have more rights than anyone else in the community.
  • Like 1

coolio. those texture bugs are abused so much.

how about admin tools have they been sorted ? or any news on if they will be .

admin toold can never be sorted. tools can be custom made to do whatever

Totally agree. Just because some guys got famous off of Bohemia's game doesn't mean he should gain a bunch of money, and have more rights than anyone else in the community.

It's all fair to make money off your work but why not kick some of the change they're going to make with any type of exclusive early videos towards something worthwhile? There will still be plenty of time to rake in the cash with streams and vids and a small gesture like this is just win-win all around.

• Like 1

Oh, goodie.. A bleak wall of text with no true insight as to how the Game is progressing or how long away the release may be.. I'm sure glad I waited the last month or so for a new DevBlog.

PAX went over thing's which had already been covered in the previous DevBlog. I assumed they were trying to market the Game to the Gaming Press / uninitiated in the crowd, while I was still happy they at least did something and showcased a few minor adjustments I was still a little disappointed.

• Like 1

Just reminding people again that DayZ is released as an alpha. There's maybe something like a year to go when it hits v1.0 after that. If you're whining already then forget DayZ standalone for a while.

• Like 1

Oh, goodie.. A bleak wall of text with no true insight as to how the Game is progressing or how long away the release may be.. I'm sure glad I waited the last month or so for a new DevBlog.

And what you expected? Every Friday night changelog of the week? They are working on things that are not that interesting (server architecture, pathfinding, location adjustments etc).

Be more patient, we've got some review from Rocket in 2 months... than we find out how long to Alpha release...

Not pointing fingers, but after reading through the content of this thread, I genuinely do think there should be some form of age verification or IQ test before you can create a forum account.

• Like 8

Nah, catchpa would be enough ;)

Thanx for the update, nice to knoe mice are not just playing while the cat is away...

Edited by Xul

Ah yes so are we getting a devblog today ?

Probably not bud. As you've seen, Matt gave us a little update to tide over the time until the next complete DayZ Dev Blog - he says they're extremely busy at the moment so you may have to wait until the big guy is back before you have a formal update!

• Like 1

"Famous"

I loled. I never understood why Youtubers get so much respect. They just... record their play... and often don't even do anything special or offer any insight. I really don't understand the draw that streamers and Youtubers attract. Just play the effing game. It's not like you have to call Jimmy down the street and get the gang together to go play stickball... just turn on your computer and play the game.

I can understand turning around and recording your time in DayZ, I really can. But what I cannot understand is how that translates into gaining clout in the gaming community and with developers. Cool! You managed to get people to play DayZ (debatable) by recording your own experience coupled with your weak personality that people think is hilarious for some reason. I'm willing to bet that a sizable portion of DayZ's following was also garnered through things like reddit discussions, forum discussions, traditional gaming media outlets, and just friends telling their friends about how awesome DayZ is.

Maybe I just don't get it. I never have seen reason to give Youtubers and streamers any additional respect than I would bestow upon the average joe. I get the attraction to recording your experience, and posting it. It's not that, it's the fact that people seemingly gain clout by doing so... vice just doing so.

Rant over.

Edited by Katana67

Im REALLY looking forward to what they do with they animation system, crisp and fluid animations like in Far Cry 3 really help you get immersed in the world, even little things like reload animations and bandaging animations would be awesome.

Also stuff like giving yourself a Morphine injection and you actually seeing the little morphine stick get stabbed into your thigh would be awesome, and things like opening the doors when getting in and out of cars etc.

Did I mention that I like animations?

This.. Keeps the immersion immersive ;)

"Famous"

I loled. I never understood why Youtubers get so much respect. They just... record their play... and often don't even do anything special or offer any insight. I really don't understand the draw that streamers and Youtubers attract. Just play the effing game. It's not like you have to call Jimmy down the street and get the gang together to go play stickball... just turn on your computer and play the game.

I can understand turning around and recording your time in DayZ, I really can. But what I cannot understand is how that translates into gaining clout in the gaming community and with developers. Cool! You managed to get people to play DayZ (debatable) by recording your own experience coupled with your weak personality that people think is hilarious for some reason. I'm willing to bet that a sizable portion of DayZ's following was also garnered through things like reddit discussions, forum discussions, traditional gaming media outlets, and just friends telling their friends about how awesome DayZ is.

Maybe I just don't get it. I never have seen reason to give Youtubers and streamers any additional respect than I would bestow upon the average joe. I get the attraction to recording your experience, and posting it. It's not that, it's the fact that people seemingly gain clout by doing so... vice just doing so.

Rant over.

I agree with you in the same sense that they aren't special and shouldn't be included in testing just because they are known youtube streamers. I probably do more gaming then they do, but I keep it to myself.

The most I ever do is give thanks to a youtube streamer because they have helped me figure somethings out that I couldn't do on my own. For instance, I'm playing a game right now called Defiance. In the game you could mod weapons, but I had no idea how. I did a quick search on youtube and found out how to do it. I gave this guy a thanks since he took the time to record his game-play and talk about modding weapons.

With that said, I have the same amount of respect to those who post on forums on how to do things as well. No more, no less.

Edited by twinturbonet

All interviews and no devblog makes Mitor a dull boy.

I just bought my Starbound pre-order and I slowly started to wonder why there hasn't been any talk of a pre-order for the standalone? Not any that I have noticed anyways. So will there be a pre-order for the standalone or what?

I just bought my Starbound pre-order and I slowly started to wonder why there hasn't been any talk of a pre-order for the standalone? Not any that I have noticed anyways. So will there be a pre-order for the standalone or what?

Rocket has said that pre orders won't be happening, as all that does is pressure the release date.

PAX went over thing's which had already been covered in the previous DevBlog. I assumed they were trying to market the Game to the Gaming Press / uninitiated in the crowd, while I was still happy they at least did something and showcased a few minor adjustments I was still a little disappointed.

Yep, they totally showed off the inventory before PAX. *sarcasm*

Thanks, all I knew is that it made my trees look fluffy. Now I know what everything does!

Would be nice if they'd at least make an effort, but I'd bet it's a pretty low priority. It's pretty infrequent that it's a detriment, and with the SA looking to have a more flexible draw distance... perhaps that alone will mitigate a lot of people's problems.

Rocket has talked about it, and said that they have plans to look for a way to address or later on in I remember right.

Rocket has said that pre orders won't be happening, as all that does is pressure the release date.

Well I would think that what they gain from the pre-order would be well worth the pressure that is added to the release. I mean what 1 million people buy the pre-order and if they did it kickstarter style you know someone is going to spend like over 1000 dollars just to help the game come sooner. :P But either way I was just wondering. Thanks for the response.

Dear Matt,

Just announcing my resignation from the Development Team, i have run away to the Himalayas to become a Monk . I hope this does not hold back the release date of June 2nd.

YZ