OrLoK

DAYZ Developer MINI Blog April 10th

Since my brother is working for Ubisoft , i know its long to make a game and dev it.

Paying attention to general development timelines over the past decade, supplemented by pre-disposing factors (developed engine, support staff, large base mod to work off of, etc.) > Having a brother who works at Ubisoft

We all know the inventory needs to be worked on, vehicles need work, and cheating needs to be minimized... We also know that they're working on these, as well as the above.

Simply because information doesn't confirm EVERY expectation of yours, doesn't mean it's not an update.

Edited by Katana67
  • Like 3

thanks matt. AND i am amused that ppl bitch about other ppl that slightly complained about comm. "issues": i think it is nice, many ppl now know ok they still do something, you get rid of emerging concerns and doubts because of being "left alone" without any info, you get a nice insight of how nasty actually game development is and get new topics to think and talk about to keep ppl entertained... and i takes Matt in this case all in all 5 min i guess.

And thanks! thanks for noticing our slight doubts: like a good shepherd you led us back to the flock with your torch ;)

• Like 1

The folks who stamped their feet and cried for an update should be building a fort out of beans fit to be used as actual accomodation.

We likely won't hear form them until they feel the need to complain again.

Edited by nobody, ever.

Proud of yourself?

• Like 1

i could care less about clothes.

That's good to hear. I'm excited too. ;)

EDIT: Nice MINI update as well, fänks!

Edited by Terrorviktor
  • Like 1

What did you expect? An all dancing all singing extravaganza? Making software is not all fun and games.

Jebus, folk complain with info, folk complain without.

This is why some companies don't bother with the revolting masses.

Rgds

LoK

To be fair, this is one persons opinion. I sure hope you're not (and I'm not saying you are) implying that the people who were disappointed with the lack of comms should be ashamed of themselves now that an update has been released.

Perhaps some people would stop complaining if we were guaranteed an update once every 2 weeks.. even if it was going to be a "Nothing really to talk about. We fixed a few bugs. Bye", type update.

Not that I'm comlaining.

I actually appreciate the dialogue thats given between the player and devs. Hell its not like you are Bioware or something where the mods are condescending jackasses.

Edited by Talibambi

Totally honest, a weekly update thing would be alright, regardless of how well things are going. Just as long as we as a community are kept in the loop :D

Proud of yourself?

Why do you ask?

Did I hurt your feelings? Awwww.

The very fact that we get the information that we do should leave you feeling grateful, not entitled.

Don't, for the love of fuck, start defending the attitude we've seen, that folks feel they're OWED a report.

Everyone will want to crawl up Matt's ass for the next wee whiley, but they'll be back badmouthing the dev-team as soon as the novelty of this MINI-update wears off. I guarantee it.

• Like 6

Have they elaborated at all on whether they're going to try and mitigate the problems with grass rendering at distance or ATOC? I have no idea what it stands for, I just know it makes my trees look fluffier and I have a hard time seeing people hiding in trees at the cost of a better looking game.

They haven't looked at it as far as I know. Also, ATOC is something that helps Antialiasing on jagged objects, such as bushes.

• Like 1

Why do you ask?

Did I hurt your feelings? Awwww.

The very fact that we get the information that we do should leave you feeling grateful, not entitled.

Don't, for the love of fuck, start defending the attitude we've seen, that folks feel they're OWED a report.

Everyone will want to crawl up Matt's ass for the next wee whiley, but they'll be back badmouthing the dev-team as soon as the novelty of this MINI-update wears off. I guarantee it.

First of all, calm the fuck down and stop acting like a 14 yr. old girl. Second, Im just trying to see both sides of the issue here; gamers (and future customers) have the right to feel any way they so choose. Your view may not be shared by all.

Edited by roykingtree
  • Like 1

Moaning by page three, fight by page four! So they are buggered whatever they do, nice try Matt but some folks will never be happy.

So back on topic, when's the next dev blog out, it's been frigging ages... :P

• Like 3

They haven't looked at it as far as I know. Also, ATOC is something that helps Antialiasing on jagged objects, such as bushes.

Thanks, all I knew is that it made my trees look fluffy. Now I know what everything does!

Would be nice if they'd at least make an effort, but I'd bet it's a pretty low priority. It's pretty infrequent that it's a detriment, and with the SA looking to have a more flexible draw distance... perhaps that alone will mitigate a lot of people's problems.

@Daz, It's hardly what I'd call "heated" in here.

I do, however, find myself questioning roykingtree's superior experience of 14 year old girls (not my area of expertise)

• Like 4

@Daz, It's hardly what I'd call "heated" in here.

I do, however, find myself questioning roykingtree's superior experience of 14 year old girls (not my area of expertise)

;)

To be fair, this is one persons opinion. I sure hope you're not (and I'm not saying you are) implying that the people who were disappointed with the lack of comms should be ashamed of themselves now that an update has been released.

Hello there

Nope, as you said, I'm not saying that at all.

But it grates that when new info is released folk still complain. And when the devs undoubtedly see the lackluster response they could be forgiven for thinking twice before even bothering to let a little info out.

I'm tempted to clean this thread completely and just leave the OP as a locked announcement.

Rgds

LoK

I think most updates they put out should just be stated, posted, and immediately locked. That gives the update out, and stops all the complaining. On that thread at least. I'm pleased with waiting, and i'm happy with what information is out thus far. Keep up the good work Dev team, and Forum moderators!

• Like 2

I think most updates they put out should just be stated, posted, and immediately locked. That gives the update out, and stops all the complaining. On that thread at least. I'm pleased with waiting, and i'm happy with what information is out thus far. Keep up the good work Dev team, and Forum moderators!

untitle.JPG

untitle.JPG

Hello there

Rather than post a picture, why not try to give some reasoning?

Rgds

LoK

Hello there

Nope, as you said, I'm not saying that at all.

But it grates that when new info is released folk still complain. And when the devs undoubtedly see the lackluster response they could be forgiven for thinking twice before even bothering to let a little info out.

I'm tempted to clean this thread completely and just leave the OP as a locked announcement.

Rgds

LoK

thats not even information lmao.

thats not even information lmao.

Once you have re attached your bottom. Again, rather than just give simplistic comments why not form a decent post stating why you think that?

That way perhaps folk can address your issues? Posts like yours and the other are "closed" and don't tend to lead anywhere constructive.

Just fyi.

Rgds

LoK