Absmoke

Where do you think is the best hidden place to set a tent?

Hi! Me and my friends are looking for a nice place, possibly not too far from the main cities and easily attainable. I was planning to check Green Mountains, even if that's a bit far, just to see how would be to set a base camp there, with tents and maybe also barbed wire.

Maybe do you know a nice place? Thank you!

092 119. Top of the peak just south of Pusta. I've had 2 tents an atv and little bird there for a couple weeks. Seems no one looks there. Too obvious maybe?

Also, it's a good idea to leave a vehicle close by for bait. People usually just drive it away without finding your actual camp.

• Like 1

Hi! Me and my friends are looking for a nice place, possibly not too far from the main cities and easily attainable.

That's not going to happen. If it's near a main city, some hilltop sniper will find it pretty quickly.

I was planning to check Green Mountains, even if that's a bit far, just to see how would be to set a base camp there, with tents and maybe also barbed wire.

Don't choose ANY locations marked on the map. No Green Mountains, no Kosovotop, nothing. Not even the little red radio towers. Choose some kind of landmark (like "That shrub of trees that looks like a smiley face on the map").

Don't put up barbed wire; everyone will see it. ATM, tents are just camoed enough to almost blend in; giant metal wires aren't going to help you hide it too well, or even protect it; toolkits are pretty common.

Maybe do you know a nice place? Thank you!

Off the map in the north-east or north-west areas, where it isn't too mountainous. You can go slightly off map without an invisible wall/barrier stopping you. This stops "hax3rs" from seeing your camp on cheated maps.

If it's relatively near the airfield but far enough to be off-map, no one is going to find it; who goes farther north than the NWAF? There's nothing up there of value, except one tiny town!

I don't recommend doing this, because only douchebags do it, but you could theoretically run into the NWAF and back to stock up on gear.

PLUS:

No one hangs out at the NWAF after looting; thus we have "Loot runs." People are too paranoid to stick around for long on populous servers.

Strangely enough i have found the best places to hide tents are in towns/villages nobody goes. Small villages that have very little loot spawns are infrequently visited by players. Hide a tent by some trees next to a non spawn building and it very rarely gets raided.

• Like 1

The places no one thinks of. Too many random wilderness places to list. For some reason I find a fair amount of tents on the hills around Polana...

No one hangs out at the NWAF after looting; thus we have "Loot runs." People are too paranoid to stick around for long on populous servers.

I hang around there a bit because there's always well-geared players to kill. :ph34r:

• Like 1

Just think of where people will naturally travel going from place to place, then rule out the obvious spots for camps where tent hunters will look, such as the edge of the map. Then from there see what's left that suits your needs and scope it out.

Green Mountain used to be a good one since nothing good ever spawned there, zombies spawned like crazy (still do) and there used to be a myth of a ghost haunting the place. So no one used to go there and you could camp out without a worry, but now there's 2-3 vehicles spawns there and people have figured out it isn't cursed, so long as you don't drink a mountain dew there anyways...

From Chernarus, Balota and Elektro - going north there exist definite routes frequently traveled ... think of them as bus or caravan routes with towns, ponds, and other points of interest near them as bus stops or highway exits. Many DayZ players gear up and go north either on foot in whatever non-shoe leather conveyance they happen to find and repair or steal. Many DayZ players ALT/TAB out of the game on the fly to consult loot maps of Chernarus, and if there is anything interesting along their way or nearby, then they just might stop there or "get off" an exit on their northbound journey. You don't want to pitch camp along these highways.

Then you must factor in long range player killers (snipers), up close ambush killers, and decoy players who station themselves in the vicinity of the above mentioned places, hoping to draw in newer types like yourself with distress calls. Also, all along the starting points of those northbound routes to the NW Airfield and Stary Sobor, snipers will post themselves in order to harass players just geared up in Cherno or Elektro. Heck, I think some players live to find tents and vehicles.

I've had some success north and southeast of Black Lake. Just also keep in mind that if there's a vehicle spawn point nearby, someone will trek through your slice of tent pitched heaven to get there ...

Strangely enough i have found the best places to hide tents are in towns/villages nobody goes. Small villages that have very little loot spawns are infrequently visited by players. Hide a tent by some trees next to a non spawn building and it very rarely gets raided.

And what? Deal with a bunch of zombies?

Green Mountain used to be a good one since nothing good ever spawned there, zombies spawned like crazy (still do) and there used to be a myth of a ghost haunting the place. So no one used to go there and you could camp out without a worry, but now there's 2-3 vehicles spawns there and people have figured out it isn't cursed, so long as you don't drink a mountain dew there anyways...

Oh god. Not this shit again. DayZ gave me nightmares. Then I finally calmed down and went back to the game. Then I got double-dog dared to drink a Mtn Dew on Green Mountain after reading about the "Ghost." I go to drink and this asshole opens direct chat with this creepy-ass demon child scream... I'm exaggerating about the nightmare part, but it did scare the hell out of me as far as the voice ghost whatever.

Yeah - deal with a bunch of zombies. Funny that in a zombie apocalypse.

They make perfect 'guards'

Edited by DemonGroover

there's a small barn off the side of the road south of polana, the coords are 103 079. Inside the barn to the left is a hay bale, if you're careful you can place your ten INSIDE of it so barely the string shows up, I have a tent there and it hasn't been found in almost a month, nobody bothers to go inside there because there's usually garbage loot, nobody expects a tent there.

Make a small base inside a barn really far away from any town or anything, just a secluded barn. Blends in, high-end gear guys won't go near it since it just has hunting stuff, etc. etc.

But don't listen to where they show co-ordinates, you know that bandits are gonna be runnin'.

Edited by TheDerper121

Make a small base inside a barn really far away from any town or anything, just a secluded barn. Blends in, high-end gear guys won't go near it since it just has hunting stuff, etc. etc.

But don't listen to where they show co-ordinates, you know that bandits are gonna be runnin'.

I love going to random barns

• Like 1

Let me elaborate mine:

Go to Willow Lake. Have a main weapon equipped. Sprint and do a jump vault into the water. If you do this correctly, you can place tents under the water. These can only be seen, if another player succeeds in doing the same as you. Best place to hide tents ever. I've had tents in Willow Lake across a bunch of server, some for a very long time, and they have never been found.

Protip: You can light a fire underwater as well.

PROtip: You can do this at probeda dam as well. A chicken spawns underwater too. Light up a fire, and you can survive forever down there.

• Like 1

I haven't really acquired enough gear to make storage in a tent necessary, but I did find that walking into the deep water at Topolka Dam puts you in a "hidden" dry area for tent pitching.

I like the advice someone gave earlier about putting a "throw away vehicle" near their real tent/heli spot so the looters are satisfied with what they think is the only loot and go away.

I can see how folks could pitch a tent "under the water" at Topolka Dam, put in a few tin cans to make it look like it's been looted (good loot taken, cans left) while the motherlode tent of goodness is hidden up river a ways.

As it currently stands, making a camp of multiple tents surrounded by things such as barbed wire and sandbags is not the best idea.

I would recommend a lot of smaller 1-2 tent camp sites. Find a spot to tuck the tent between two pine trees.

In between vybor and the town just north, make a triangle to get a good loot cycle

092 119. Top of the peak just south of Pusta. I've had 2 tents an atv and little bird there for a couple weeks. Seems no one looks there. Too obvious maybe?

Also, it's a good idea to leave a vehicle close by for bait. People usually just drive it away without finding your actual camp.

Be aware when I am on. While I totally understand your idea with the bait thing (and I don't doubt that it works out many times), I am usually expecting to find more, once I found a vehicle or a tent. ESPECIALLY on servers that don't show your position on the map.

I usually acted like you described: found a car/tent with some gear and I ran away, hiding the loot, assuming I found what I needed. But there was this one incident, I was driving a tractor (yeah I know, pathetic) and a helicopter was to be heard. I drove into a forrest and saw a white car. "Cool, exchange tractor for white car" was my thought. The helicopter was still flying not too far away from me (couldn't see it but always hear it), and I decided to check this little forest area before I drive the car out. I discovered a tent with 4 main weapons, some grenades and medical supplies. I was happy and put that stuff from the tent into the car. The car was facing direction Berezino and since I came from there, I turned it 180 degrees and drove through the forrest (that god damn helicopter...) until I come close to a ridge that goes down sharply. My eyes fell off when I saw a military offroad and a military truck. So I check the jeep (completely empty) and the truck. Holy lord! 3 AS 50 with 12 mags, 12 grenades, 1 ACOG, 1 DMR, 2 M 249, 2 M 16s, 2 GPS and 2 tents).

So I destroyed the tractor, the white car and the military offroad (scorched earth policy for the win!) and drove the truck North, placing 2 tents, splitting up the gear in between them. Parked the truck (which was found next day, but empty) and had some fun. 2-3 days later, 3 bandits were reported at Stary Sobor. A newbie got killed and in side chat he said sth like: "These guys said I stole their vehicles and gear because I was carrying THEIR AS 50 and destroyed their cars...What's wrong with these people." I was like <_<, patiently waiting for 3 bandits, coming to the NWAF. Unfortunately they didn't show up. Still waiting B)

On the roof.

Well lets be honest, there arent realy any safe place to have your tent, someone will always find it, and atleast now when every one is telling where the best spots are :) :)

But i guess under water is a good place.

I wont go into detail as to how i hide my tents, but this is good advice. My tents have never been touched, ever. and theyve always been inside a small town. much more goes into it than that but ill leave you to ponder said techniques. :P

No one ever found any of my tent's, to get the info on my locations would coast many many Beans :) :beans: :) mmmm I do like Beans hehe.