supercraft360

Dayz SA to be a failure

Private hives have single handedly close to destroyed the mod, they are awsome for cutting down hacker deaths and roll backs.

Unfortunatly people see them as a way to make others play their nooby version of dayz instead of giving a hackfree experience on vanilla which is the only real value of them.

It makes me laugh every other thread i see says i have an awsome server you spawn with nvg and sniper rifle, theres a car or chopper round every corner and we reboot every 3 hours so theres never any chopper crashes, i dont understand why i have no players HELP.

Sounds lucky to me that rocket appears to be a decent skill level player, not another donkey game maker who thinks everything should be retard easy, otherwise the sa would surely be a failure.

This is supposed to be a hardcore survival sim, and anything that allows server owners to create a utopia should be blocked and shunned, they way private hives have been able to take players out of bonifide rooms to their trash ones is nothing short of a travesty.

Devs tell the 90% of players who want it easy to get VD and die, they will still buy it after crying for a few days about how hard it is.

• Like 2

... it will be a *hardcore* survivalist game for those that don't want full load outs and 200+ vehicles.

Dearest LoK,

For this line, you have received my painstakingly collected beans. Thank you, kind sir.

@OP It's important--in my semi-humble opinion--to remember that games tend to evolve. DayZ today is not what it was upon it's release. As mentioned above (more than once) as the game evolves it can move from one style into more than one style; as in, official hive and private hive. The standalone (SA) doesn't necessarily need to conform to the styles that the mod currently holds, because it will evolve on it's own. Who knows, maybe you'll even like the SA better in it's original form, or a while down the road once it's had time to mature as a game and become a deliciously seasoned experience.

In any case, take from it what you will. I'll be Elektro having a pint of Chernarus Brewing Company's finest stout.

Cheers

• Like 3

@Jimmy tyvm :)

@some others, simply telling OP to go play Cod etc is not good enough. I expect more from *my* posters.

If you disagree and even if OP become belligerent, keep your arguments away form the stupidity of memery.

Debate/discuss even argue. Do not insult/dismiss.

L

• Like 2

My personal opinion on the matter is that I'd be happy if the SA stuck to public hives for ever as long as the issues that caused it to go wrong to begin with are sorted (which is basically the main reason they moved onto making the SA so quickly).

Edited by Fraggle
  • Like 2

Private hives will most likely be a part of the future of the SA but not until it's out of development.

See, I think thats Rockets biggest problem with the standalone.

Kind of feels like hes still flirting with different areas of what stage in development to go into public alpha, leave it much longer and he'll have lost some followers due to natural attrition, release to early with too thin content and he'll lose more due to lack of depth, the 'first alpha minus vehicles' statement recently for example will be a huge turn off for the not so dedicated.

If that happens, the apparent interest from Sony etc will fade (I can't believe hes made a public comment about that already, very foolish) along with the casual gamers wandering to the next 'GTA:Mass Assassins Call of HaloField 4'.

Simply put, the public has a 'now gimme gimme' attitude and hes taking to long. We also can't deny that the overly-common 'Private Gankfest DM server DayZ' hasn't attracted and catered for a lot of players that simply aren't into survival Dayz.

And the figures that seem to be boggling Rocket right now are made up of a huge number of those players, the data hes getting from right now from the mod is miles away from the game hes making, the mods mutated to something that stands a long way apart from the original and due to that does not reflect the games hes trying to make.

Edited by Never

He doesn't care if the public has A "gimme gimme" attitude. As he's stated many times all he can focus on are the things that are within his control and that is making the best game he wants to make. If he does that and sticks to it then the people that want a hardcore survival experience will be happy.

Others won't but such is life, the market is saturated with games aimed at the casual player so it's not as if they don't have other options.

Edited by Fraggle
  • Like 4

this is not a suggestion.

I said that too no one cared.

Move to general discussion guys come on or off topic not here.

Isn't that the whole reason the mod will continue to be developed when the SA is released? So that people who don't like the SA can still get their fix from the mod?

I think it's way too early to assume there will never be private hives.

He doesn't care if the public has A "gimme gimme" attitude. As he's stated many times all he can focus on are the things that are within his control and that is making the best game he wants to make. If he does that and sticks to it then the people that want a hardcore survival experience will be happy.

Others won't but such is life, the market is saturated with games aimed at the casual player so it's not as if they don't have other options.

Hes also flirting with some very big companies very publicly.

Its nice for him to have his time in the spotlight, but hes dancing a line of becoming a martyr to his own game you know? Its a shame because he does seem like a nice, straightforward bloke, but it seems he needs to cut back on the public flirting, streamline his ideas instead of throwing more into a already very complex plot, and make a solid foundation that runs tight before waving a unfinished product under the noses of some big dogs. Its great that Sony and Microsoft are interested, but get the a solid & working PC version with some content first before leaking quotes about a possible project thats at least 2 years away.

I'd like him to do really well with this, and whatever happens i think he'll produce something interesting, its just the whole project seems to be a bit haphazard at the moment.

All this shit about 'Hardcore' and 'Casual' gamers is reminding me of this

Edited by Shrimpy223
  • Like 1

All this shit about 'Hardcore' and 'Casual' gamers...

I hate the terms as well but its just descriptive you know?

Regardless of the hacker problem, to me private hives ARE what made DayZ a failure. You cannot please everyone, you should stick to the game you want to create, and screw those who think every game should be customizeable to the max so they can remove the elements they are unwilling to deal with.

I sincerely hope the SA ends up not implementing private hives at all.

Edited by Lady Kyrah
  • Like 5

Bohemia Interactive has never catered to "casual" players, and they most likely never will either.

They dont care about people saying what you are saying and thats how they came to be as succesful as they are today tbh.

They do what they want, when they want, without you having much to say about it and listen to feedback from the "real" players, thoose who invest an incrediby huge amount of time in the game.

Thoose are the important people for BI, not the average casual gamer.

Just look at Arma III, theres a million suggestions but not a single one of them will get into the game if the devs doesnt like it.

Its not a democracy, when it comes to getting stuff in theyre games really and i love it.

Dont get me wrong, DayZ will most likely be a game for many people, but its not being made to make money or cater to the casual player, like most other big companies would have done. Hammerpoint for example....

They are making it because they want to make it, not because they want to earn money.

Thats also why they are in no hurry to get it on the shelves, they dont rush stuff just to get it done.

Thats what makes BI so amazing, compared to many others. They wont buckle under from the pressure of casual players who want acces to everything without having to invest time in the game.

So dont mistake BI for EA or any other "mainstream, new game every year" developers.

They arent like that and good stuff takes time tbh.

Edited by Byrgesen
  • Like 8

Regardless of the hacker problem, to me private hives ARE what made DayZ a failure.

I think they were more of a neccessity to keep the DayZ Mod player-base ticking. Without the use of Private Hives and Whitelisting, there wouldn't be half as many people still playing/into DayZ, as the sheerr amount of scripters and hackers would have overpowered us and resulted in many losing interest.

Obviously though, they allowed loads of people to take the game into their own hands and create custom scripts and loadouts, which in my eyes is where it went wrong. All the customisation options server/mission side has given players the choice of how they want DayZ to be.. and now they have that... people want the Standalone to be tailored to how they've played the Mod.

Edited by mzltv
  • Like 5

the mod will go cause the standalone will be out

False. Whilst you can expect the numbers of players of the mod to drop, you can also expect to see people continue to playing the mod.

It's going to be updated by Razor and his bunch of chaps still, too.

Edited by mzltv

False. Whilst you can expect the numbers of players of the mod to drop, you can also expect to see people continue to playing the mod.

It's going to be updated by Razor and his bunch of chaps still, too.

I can't see the future but rocket could simply request the mod development to be stopped, it's still his project after all.

I can't see the future but rocket could simply request the mod development to be stopped, it's still his project after all.

Yeah, I suppose you're right but I can't see why he'd request the mod to stop being developped by the community, unless they were completely ruining it...

Y'know. Big Head mode, fast travel to NWAF and a starting kit with an AS50.

But he wont.

Theres no reason to stop it tbh.

It would only piss people off and do nothing good.

Most of the community devs doesnt get payed either, so its not like it will cost him more money to keep it running.

If this is to happen, I probably will not buy SA and stick with the mod - where it all started.

You claim to want to stick to "what DayZ used to be," but you ignore the fact that the DayZ Standalone is going back to how Rocket wanted it to be.

Private servers weren't always there. They were allowed after people were making unofficial servers back when it wasn't allowed.

And after that, community maps became accepted after someone made the Lingor Island map for DayZ.

Yeah - standalone will be good, but will it rise above the mod? Or will it turn into a lame warz like game. Rocket, if you read this on MT Everest, please understand that by not appealing to more "Casual" users, you are missing out on a big audience which will make dayz the game of the year.

Since you've "followed things about the Standalone and Rocket," I'm surprised you haven't seen the two quotes in my signature.

Here, allow me;

DayZ was designed to be impossibly cruel, dark, and brutal. It was not designed as a game it was more of an experiment, I prefer the term "anti-game" - in other words the mechanics are not designed to be balanced, or offer a way out for different situations. These are things game designers normally take care with.

I hear what everyone is saying, and yes - its cruel and unsporting when you get killed 10 seconds into the game. But that's what this is, it is brutal, it is cruel. This is not fair. Maybe you will hate this game. Maybe you already do. It is an unforgiving environment with no structure. It is up to you to decide what to do next.

I would rather let the project die (and maybe it will, I accept that) than take over the role of establishing rules and punishments and structure. Instead I am going to work on the world's framework. It is up to the inhabitants of that world, you guys, to decide what kind of world you want it to be.

Is this actually possible? Fuck knows. But I really want to find out, and I've got nothing at all to loose. And to be honest, neither have you because you haven't paid me a cent and I haven't been paid a single cent for any of this.

This is going all the way, to whatever end that is.

Full posts are of course in my signature.

This will probably get deleted.

This isn't the WarZ forums. Threads don't get locked or deleted simply because the majority/developers/mods disagree.

Edited by Dancing.Russian.Man
  • Like 10

You claim to want to stick to "what DayZ used to be," but you ignore the fact that the DayZ Standalone is going back to how Rocket wanted it to be.

Private servers weren't always there. They were allowed after people were making unofficial servers back when it wasn't allowed.

And after that, community maps became accepted after someone made the Lingor Island map for DayZ.

Since you've "followed things about the Standalone and Rocket," I'm surprised you haven't seen the two quotes in my signature.

Here, allow me;

Full posts are of course in my signature.

This isn't the WarZ forums. Threads don't get locked or deleted simply because the majority/developers/mods disagree.

I like the posts in your sig. dayz by definition is an anti-game designed to be brutal on you like rocket said people don't get how limiting the mod is. there are different forums that do than you know. god I suck at English.

Edited by nousernamehelp