New maps (liking Thirsk atm) were really a nice addition. I was frustrated a bit with high pop public Cherno, but the amazing energy of the community keeps me at the game. One guy picked me up in a car when I had no idea where I was (no map) and taught me shift clicking in the map. Another time 3 players picked me up in a helicopter and we went from heli crash site to heli crash site. The pilot was very good too. Same server has a KOS player that killed me earlier (and destroyed my car when I complained that we were the only two players on-line and I had extra matches, toolbox and knife for new players in the car). But such variability is unlike anything I've played and Skyrim continues to gather dust 1/2 done with a neglected waifu.

What happen to DayZ? Went from mature players to all the 12 year old cod kids who find a gun and run around like mad men killing every fresh spawn they see. I had to resort to shooting every player I see, if they enter a fire station unarmed I have to kill them because I know they will shoot me in the back if I don't. I haven't had fun in DayZ for a very long time. Finding a teammate is 1% chance its someone who takes the game seriously, odds are you will have to put up with the 12-15 year old kid singing and screaming into his 5$ Walmart mic while his 7 little brothers are crying in the background. I hope the standalone will bring back the mature players because as of now there is no point in putting up with what happen to this mod.

this made zero sense.

but, if you have no fun in a game you play, mabye you should just consider to go play something else.

instead of posting the same old story for the umpteenth time.

if you want teammates, play with friends.

having great fun in dayz here, and still going strong.

btw, i'm 30 years old.

800 posts w00t *dances*

Edited by Azrail
  • Like 1

btw, i'm 30 years old.

I cannot believe I play this game with you children. I'm 42.

• Like 2

I do not much like KoS, in fact, when I do hold up some one I rather like robbing them and letting them go, or pretending to be friendly when outmatched and receive some freebies :P

I do rather enjoy the good chuckle of going on a "no-pvp" server and shooting some random people though.

Their rage is quite amusing ^^

I am 399 and some of the worst people i have gamed with are mature adults :) seriously. At least with preteens and teens you know what you are in for a lot of the time and just shrug it off, it's the older people i find that can be bigger douchebags.

• Like 3

I am 399 and some of the worst people i have gamed with are mature adults :) seriously. At least with preteens and teens you know what you are in for a lot of the time and just shrug it off, it's the older people i find that can be bigger douchebags.

yeah, most of the time it's the older ages that wait for you to turn their back before shooting you

a head-on shootout i can live with, but crying "friendly friendly" like a little b'tch and then shooting you in the head with a makarov...

then again, you can provoke them to shoot at you by telling them to put their gun away most of the time

I don't get this Cod Kiddie thing I seldom ever see total dicks (only once but he trolled me with style) the fact of the matter is anyone who comes into DayZ or ARMA trying to play it as if it is Cod isn't going to have a good time.

it's the older people i find that can be bigger douchebags.

To be honest i used to be part of an accidently formed 'Old Man Troll clan' on the smaXbox360. We were j some mates that dicked about on multiplayer and when we noticed the younger kids took their K:D so goddamn seriously we just seemed to just end up winding them up for a laugh.

If you ever got trolled with explosives on a xbox game by a bunch of blokes singing 'Loooo-ving youuuuuu is easy cos your boobs are new!' hi, nice to see you again!

• Like 1

And the question is:

Why does people complain about bandits? The zeds are so nerfed that are no more than a pain in the ass, so the reason heroes like me exist is indeed...bandits.

Edited by Mitor

exactly! there are far more adults that are bad than the youngies.. but I personally consider them also as small childeren by their brain.. Cus I see such people more on noob servers... They are bigger noobs than the new freshs in those servers... No offense... ;)

Note: Also consider this not rly a lot of teenies play this game in the first place... (=

Edited by SoulHunter

>RIP DayZ.

>We only play the mod now.

>Almost no way of knowing what the standalone is going to be like.

>But according to you, the game is dead already.

>Greentext.

Every forum should have greentext, man. Easy to sum shit up...

Well, he meant the mod, not the standalone, but whatever...

Don't worry guys. Those 12 year olds will eventually get bored and move on to grief another game. Like Kerbal Space Program

Edited by taco241

I don't know if you can confine immaturity to 12-15 year olds. I have had some experiences in DayZ where supposed grown men acted like complete turnips.

Point of fact last night - i was creeping around Balota airfield with my hatchet (i had a revolver also) when i was shot at. I quickly ducked into a hangar and hid behind a container. Soon enough i hear a player call out "Hey buddy i want to suck your ...." (you get the point)

This was funny for about 30 seconds but he kept repeating it ad nauseum for 5 minutes. Eventually, just for some peace and quiet i charged him, he shot me and broke my legs. Thinking i only had a hatchet he continued his tirade of "I want to ..... " while circling me with his AK. He carried on like this for another 5 minutes! Eventually i told him to just shoot me but he ignored me and carried on with his nonsense.

I must say at this point i was not enjoying the experience. At one point he started to throw flares at me and it was during his motion of throwing a flare, i placed my hatchet back on my toolbelt, rearming my revolver and i shot him clean in the head.

Ha - now that was enjoyable!

Edited by DemonGroover
  • Like 1

I cannot believe I play this game with you children. I'm 42.

Nice cane grandpa. (I'm only 40).

At least I have the maturity not to shoot newspawn bambis with not a can of beans to their name...I ran them down with a Ural...

Edited by bfisher

A good way to avoid these types of players is to play the maps that are less popular, like 2017 and DayZ+. I play these and rarely run into "run-and-gun" players.

What happen to DayZ? ... I had to resort to shooting every player I see, if they enter a fire station unarmed I have to kill them because I know they will shoot me in the back if I don't.

hmmmmmm, what would happen if everyone had this mentality?

I think that DayZ player mentality changes over time, I know mine has.

You only need to get burned once by going into a fire station leaving a new spawn alive only to have them kill you and you will never forget it. Your trust of everyone will be severely diminished.

If I am operating in an area and I see someone, I will kill them to protect myself and my group if I am already on with my group.

It only takes a few bad experiences to feel that everyone on the game is untrustworthy.

I personally think it was inevitable that DayZ has become more hostile. It only takes one person to stab someone in the back, killing that persons trust of anyone else in the process, to set off a chain reaction. The victim will now create another victim to stave off another bad experience... if this holds true, how long until no one trusts anyone?

Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

• Like 1