You should try find a good private server, there are plenty of them out there where everyone doesn't just KoS.

Just stay off all the stupid modded servers with millions of vehicles and stay off public hive servers.

If you want to run around building a base freely then maybe you should go play Minecraft.

if you want to do nothing but kill players then maybe you should go play CoD.

Hello there

different folk have different playstyles, Some like base building, some like PVP and others like PvE. Nothing wrong with that.

The trick is to find a server that supports ones preferred style. Then everything is nice again.

Rgds

LoK

Edited by orlok
missing letters. they sneak away
  • Like 3

PVP is just more dominant cause zombies are weak and need oh shit moments not sigh pistol you're owned zombie.

• Like 1

So OP hates KoS players and lumps them all in as CoD kids, then OP admits he now shoots on sight due to past experiences.

So the obvious question, what makes you special and unique? You have to at least understand that many of us used to be more friendly but now would rather get the first shot off instead of risk death. It is the natural progression for most players, you start out and want to explore and have encounters until you grow bored and overloaded with military loot and want to mix in some PvP.

Then again this has been the mantra on here since summer so I do not even know why I bother.

• Like 1

I wish zombies were op an lone wolfing was near impossible.

For the love of god and all that holy, really? Really?

You did not see this coming?

It never dawned on you that a game that is popular would eventually get some obnoxious kids joining in?

What did you expect?

The game in on Steam now so of course you are going to see a lot of new players.

Why don't you do the mature thing?

Join a whitelisted server and remember that not that long ago you were a kid playing a game and older players probably thought the same about you.

Ah yes old person talk as I call it. These kids are horrible blah blah when In reality you were once horrible yourself.

Night Of The Living Dead. Dawn Of The Dead. The Walking Dead.

Some of the greatest zombie tales ever told.

And in all of them the real threat to the survivors is OTHER SURVIVORS.

True but zombies deserve a buff so people go oh shit when seeing zombies now it is sigh sd pistol lets own dem noobz.

well I just read through this topic and thought I should mention that if you look on steam, the age rating for DayZ Mod is 18+, Arma 2 is 16+ (I am in the UK)

I dont have a xbox 360 but my friends say on COD that you can report them for microphone abuse and they will be followed up, (theres many stories of people threatening eachother, even one story the guy went to the person's house lol)

so microsoft do chase these reports up I know.

only thing I could see preventing this is that DayZ is a mod and not a game plus not steam exclusive only, Im sure if it was required to have a steam account maybe it would put a lid on some of the issues from this.

- Does anyone know if DayZ standalone will be Steam only (require steam account)?

Roger

Since you already KOS everyone you see, I guess this is more a society made me KOS, it's not my own fault thread.

To me it seems like if you present an easy target, you become one.

Instead of waiting for other people to shoot you, you can actually make it difficult for them, simply by taking cover. This also happens to make you less of an imminent threat to other players. Remember that when you're looking in another player's direction, you're most likely pointing your weapon in the general direction of his head. Anyone pointing a weapon at another person is a direct threat, because all it takes is a little incompetence to accidentally mis-click the fire button or a deliberately little click to execute the other person. When you have two scared people, both a single mouse click away from wasting each other, staring down each other's barrels, it's only a matter of seconds, before one of you thinks: "Better him, than me."

I you break line of sight, instead of standing in the middle of the road, saying "friendly, friendly" while you point your big caliber weapon at the stranger's face, you can't shoot ot get shot easily.

So be friendly, don't be stupid.

Edited by Dallas
  • Like 1

What happen to DayZ? Went from mature players to all the 12 year old cod kids who find a gun and run around like mad men killing every fresh spawn they see. I had to resort to shooting every player I see, if they enter a fire station unarmed I have to kill them because I know they will shoot me in the back if I don't. I haven't had fun in DayZ for a very long time. Finding a teammate is 1% chance its someone who takes the game seriously, odds are you will have to put up with the 12-15 year old kid singing and screaming into his 5$ Walmart mic while his 7 little brothers are crying in the background. I hope the standalone will bring back the mature players because as of now there is no point in putting up with what happen to this mod.

Wouldn't it be a bit more mature on your side to just accept it and move on?

Bitching about a kid in their early teens spoiling your game on an internet forum doesn't really seem that mature...

..just saying.

• Like 3

Collect what you need and then go to a map border (N or W). Nobody goes there. No more PvP and you can amuse yourself watching players making a mad run toward NWAF (and often being sniped there).

I play Lone Wolf/Hero but if I decide to wander around Cherno I must be prepared to pay the price. Is is your story.

_Anubis_

Since you already KOS everyone you see, I guess this is more a society made me KOS, it's not my own fault thread.

To me it seems like if you present an easy target, you become one.

Instead of waiting for other people to shoot you, you can actually make it difficult for them, simply by taking cover. This also happens to make you less of an imminent threat to other players. Remember that when you're looking in another player's direction, you're most likely pointing your weapon in the general direction of his head. Anyone pointing a weapon at another person is a direct threat, because all it takes is a little incompetence to accidentally mis-click the fire button or a deliberately little click to execute the other person. When you have two scared people, both a single mouse click away from wasting each other, staring down each other's barrels, it's only a matter of seconds, before one of you thinks: "Better him, than me."

I you break line of sight, instead of standing in the middle of the road, saying "friendly, friendly" while you point your big caliber weapon at the stranger's face, you can't shoot ot get shot easily.

So be friendly, don't be stupid.

Simply say "anyone in _____?" or "any friendlies in ______?"

Anyone who does not wish to be KOS will answer, anyone you see in the next couple of minutes if they did not shout back, it is most likely because they were trying to sneak around you and kill you. Say over direct chat, "friendly?" No reply= shoot.

If person was a noob this is a harsh lesson in how this game is played. We all have to learn that lesson sooner or later.

And to people who do not wish to be KOS please give a shoutout when entering a new area.

Ah yes old person talk as I call it. These kids are horrible blah blah when In reality you were once horrible yourself.

And like us, they were right. Kids suck and ruin almost everything.

And like us, they were right. Kids suck and ruin almost everything.

And then you have some....

I think two of my favorite HP Lovecraft quotes are needed-

"Life is a hideous thing"

&

"From even the greatest of horrors irony is seldom absent."

What happen to DayZ? Went from mature players to all the 12 year old cod kids who find a gun and run around like mad men killing every fresh spawn they see. I had to resort to shooting every player I see, if they enter a fire station unarmed I have to kill them because I know they will shoot me in the back if I don't. I haven't had fun in DayZ for a very long time. Finding a teammate is 1% chance its someone who takes the game seriously, odds are you will have to put up with the 12-15 year old kid singing and screaming into his 5$ Walmart mic while his 7 little brothers are crying in the background. I hope the standalone will bring back the mature players because as of now there is no point in putting up with what happen to this mod.

*Pat on Back* It will be ok, they will all catch a disease and die within 5 minutes of the Standalone and hopefully stop playing. :bandit:

• Like 1

>RIP DayZ.

>We only play the mod now.

>Almost no way of knowing what the standalone is going to be like.

>But according to you, the game is dead already.

>Greentext.

Every forum should have greentext, man. Easy to sum shit up...

• Like 1

There are plenty of solutions to this problem.. Find a good server, no matter what game you play there will always be people that enjoy ruining it for you, you need to accept this or quit gaming. Not all younger gamers are CoD kids I know alot of adults that act much worse in game then the younger ones do. There are plenty of servers out there that support different play styles. I play on balotabuddies and have no issues with hackers and made friends very quickly on each individual server they have as soon as I started playing dayz. So move on and figure it out.

Hint: No 3rd person + no crosshairs + no nametags + no side chat = very few douchebags.

• Like 2