What happen to DayZ? Went from mature players to all the 12 year old cod kids who find a gun and run around like mad men killing every fresh spawn they see. I had to resort to shooting every player I see, if they enter a fire station unarmed I have to kill them because I know they will shoot me in the back if I don't. I haven't had fun in DayZ for a very long time. Finding a teammate is 1% chance its someone who takes the game seriously, odds are you will have to put up with the 12-15 year old kid singing and screaming into his 5$ Walmart mic while his 7 little brothers are crying in the background. I hope the standalone will bring back the mature players because as of now there is no point in putting up with what happen to this mod.

• Like 8

RIP

this thread.

Seriously tho, if you just assume every player you see is a cod kiddie and kill them without a second thought, you've just become what you hate.

• Like 22

This is what happens when something gets popular. its inevitable.

Solution, Whitelisted servers.

• Like 8

Inb4nomnomnom

Seriously man,if you think the gaming comunity should be21+, then man your screwed, not everyone in this game are cod kiddies, and people that take a game seriously they are just playing it wrong, because games are the escape from your reality to have a good time.

Edited by Henryllex~
  • Like 1

As Pax said, when things like this gets popular these "cod kids" see that this game has guns to and they assume that it's just another fps. Although a player will play how he or she wants and there is nothing we can say that will change it.

• Like 2

escape from your reality to have a good time.

With how dayz is now?

Impossible.

Although a player will play how he or she wants and there is nothing we can say that will change it.

Unless Rocket pulls a Sergey.

Rocket wont do that though

EDIT: I think.

Edited by GOD™

What happen to DayZ? Went from mature players to all the 12 year old cod kids who find a gun and run around like mad men killing every fresh spawn they see. I had to resort to shooting every player I see, if they enter a fire station unarmed I have to kill them because I know they will shoot me in the back if I don't. I haven't had fun in DayZ for a very long time. Finding a teammate is 1% chance its someone who takes the game seriously, odds are you will have to put up with the 12-15 year old kid singing and screaming into his 5$ Walmart mic while his 7 little brothers are crying in the background. I hope the standalone will bring back the mature players because as of now there is no point in putting up with what happen to this mod.

Wat.

Once a certain base of people find a game that they believe will live up to their standards, they are going to invade the game and attempt to play it like the play all other FPS shooters.

There is still an extensive pocket of players who don't have the mindset of assuming every living thing with a gun or hatchet is some 'Nam vet that treats everyone like crap.

There is always a union within the system that can show an extensive sign of dominance to all other close-minded individuals.

Cheers, Comrades.

I agree with this post 100 percent. Just a for instance, The first time I played DayZ I spawned in Cherno, I was walking down the street when I noticed another player in one of the pubs/apartment buildings. He was in the second floor window, Just watching me. He was completely unarmed too (this was before there were melee weapons). When I approached the building and went inside to look for the stranger. He was gone. So I left the building and proceeded to the industrial area of Cherno. While I was passing through the industrial yards and weaving my way around concrete walls, I heard the (Clink, clink, clink) sound of footsteps on metal. I stopped to look around and make sure I wasnt being followed. When suddenly I noticed the same stranger from earlier standing inside one of the suspended walkways that run industrial piping and wiring throughout the city.

Unfortunately I couldnt get to him to confront him face to face. So I looked at him and said in Direct Comm "What do you want." He replied with "Our clan has taken an interest in you." Then continued to walk down the walkway until he was out of sight.

(Theres more to this story, but my point here is that the experiences that Ive had before all the CoD players came, Was far superior to what it is now)

When I first started dayz I came across random scenarios like this a LOT. This particular incident gave me that Resident Evil 2 feel. Like when Ada is following you at first. Now I dont get that feeling anymore :/ I know what to expect from other players. Also, every friendly player ive came across has such a dull attitude when I meet them. Like they just rush through everything and dont really have an imagination with the game. All Im saying is, Have a little fun with it, RP a little. Its like playing a game with Ben Stein every time I find another friendly! BAH, and im not even going to go into bandits.

<_<

• Like 2

Find a good server?

I don't know what else to say. I will put a few rounds into an unarmed player's legs if they refuse to keep their distance after I warn them.

• Like 1

Well, I agree with the fact that with a bigger player base the quality goes way down. The Arma series is a pretty hardcore sim so the community has always been smaller and probably older than most other games. So, when DayZ started out there was just people who still played Arma2, mature people who had been with the community for years probably. But for what it's worth, Rocket wanted an experiment instead of just a game. So, we found out the result of this grand experiment, for better or worse. He never had the intent of controlling the direction of people playing DayZ. They play how they want to play.

I can't say I like getting shot in the head when posing no one any threat in the game. But you can't dictate peoples' behavior in a game specifically designed with no limits. I still play, it's fun. Once it ceases to be fun, I won't play. Simple.

I bought ArmA 2 just for DayZ. Now I play, and really enjoy both of them. Before discovering ArmA/DayZ, I played CoD but when I started playing DayZ I did not play it as CoD, I realized that it was a completely different game and played it as such. I am now a Hero and am mostly shit off with the majority of players whom are immature KoS Bandit CoD kiddies. How ever when I played DayZ last I met a player who, supprizingly, was friendly. Wblood bagged each other and then proceded to loot the crap out of Electro. Then we left and found a chopper, which was out of fuel and all it's glass was broken, so we when back to Electro. I then had to get off for a couple of minutes and when I rejoined he was gone. Anyway, when I got back to the chopper someone had tried to take it off and crashed it, probably him. (He said that he couldn't fly)

P.S. I don't play CoD anymore, it's for pussies

• Like 1

Something I find extremely funny is when a group of 12-15 year old players see me in game and say to me in direct channel drop your fu*king gun or i blow your head off. I wont stop laughing. I know they are young because they have really really soft voices so they sound ridiculous.

lol @ whitelisting solving dayz pvp

whitelisting means nothing different apart from less hacking sometimes.

pvp is part of the game . if you cant understand this you maybe playing wrong game.

IMO at this point intense PvP is keeping the mod alive. You get that intense adrenaline rush while engaging other players and thats what keeps people coming back. Shooting glitchy zombies doesnt really do it for me anymore.

I've been shot on sight, armed or not, well over a hundred times. I still don't shoot on sight.

DayZ = Surviving zombies and players! Just get used to that!

Maybe we should bring the ArmA II Wasteland mod to the attention of the pure PvP'ers amongst us.

Easy to find a gun, fun in basebuilding (moveable objects and can be loaded in cars/trucks), team missions and only based on PvP.

Haven't had fun in DayZ for a long time? Your limited imagination is what causes that.

Not every 12-15 year old is that bad or immature. Why does everyone conclude that? Why are all 12 year olds [CoD kids] that are bad? It's not just 12 year olds, and not everyone is a CoD kiddie. If you don't like players screaming in side chat and such, go play on a well admined, whitelisted private hive.

Other than that, your topic is pointless.

Something I find extremely funny is when a group of 12-15 year old players see me in game and say to me in direct channel drop your fu*king gun or i blow your head off. I wont stop laughing. I know they are young because they have really really soft voices so they sound ridiculous.

Really? Does it matter what they sound like? What their age is? Why does them being younger than you make you laugh? Who gives a shit if young people play this game--if they don't sound how you want them to?

Edited by Inception.
  • Like 4

IMO at this point intense PvP is keeping the mod alive. You get that intense adrenaline rush while engaging other players and thats what keeps people coming back. Shooting glitchy zombies doesnt really do it for me anymore.

What adrenaline rush?

Not every 12-15 year old is that bad or immature. Why does everyone conclude that? Why are all 12 year olds [CoD kids] that are bad? It's not just 12 year olds, and not everyone is a CoD kiddie.

Indeed...there are grown men who play CoD that act worse than the kids sometimes.

EDIT:Also i found a pretty mature, friendly and smart yound fellow on CoD believe it or not.

This was the first modern warfare though...

Edited by GOD™

So in real life, if you saw someone walking towards your camp with a heavy machine gun or a sniper rifle you wouldn't do anything at all?

PvP is always going to happen.

I thought this was an apocalyptic game instead it is just PVP.

All you have to do is read the server list to see that DayZ has been infested with deathmatchers.

"Spawn with weapons and nvgs! 5000 vehicles!"

Blah, blah, blah.

DayZ is dead.

• Like 1

If you want to run around building a base freely then maybe you should go play Minecraft.