r4z0r49

DayZ Mod 1.7.7 Patch

Just played it today and my opinion is that this patch made game in to a crap. Let me explain, i was today at Electro, sitting at the hill near red barn with Cz 550, covering my buddy in the town and can you believe me, how i was been impressed when i hear that someone is moving behind me, i turn around thinking that it was just a player, ready to shoot him but it was just a freaking zombie, he has respawned right behind or maybe walked at mu direction, there was like 20 centimeters between, this story has repeated like 6 times, it was something like this: Take zombie in to the forest then kill him, run back, there is more zombie spawning behind me.There wasn't any buildings and they are aggro at me in the same moment they spawn, don't mater if i crawl or there was trees and bushes between and there is like 100 meters between us or if they even don't look in my way, they are respawning and start attacking me no matter what. That was one point.

The next problem is a loot, i have traveled across 3 cities, looking at every building for some food, all i have found is a colorful empty cans, nothing that could save my life from hungry death, every building have this brand new empty cans, and nothing useless for surviving, but i was lucky enough to kill some zombies with beans, it wasn't really much, only two cans and one of them i eat at once, also i was at 3 hospitals and you know what? i found nothing, absolutely nothing, but again thanks to my luck there was a one single blood bag and one single morphine at the red cross military tents at Cherno, but btw i died because of this freaking zombies, they are to freaking overpowered, my buddy was unconscious like 4 times of 5 from one single hit and that's when he had a full health and was fresh spawn.And of course i forgot to say that there was a lot of dead players, all because of this Super Captain Spiderman America Zombies superheroes, you go in to the town fresh spawn, and you got killed by this superheroes, just because they barricade the exit of house by them selfs and there's a problem with a loot, that you can't handle this,can't kill them, to all who say that it's cool and you are a noob, look this isn't cool because there isn't any stealth anymore, it's a lagged, zombies can see you from a mile, look i would probably come back in time, in to that moment when i was scared of every bush and zombies were a scary than other players, but this patch didn't bring this nostalgia about old times, patch destroys balance just because it's different, very different from that mod that i was playing in summer of 2012

And my verdict is that: This patch destroy balance, what i mean by that: It's very hard to survive on the beginning, but there is almost nothing changes if you good armed have a automatic weapon and a team who have the same gear as you, but the food problem are probably touches all classes, even if you a cool guy ninja you not going last long without food or water, of course there's a lot of meat running around but i also didn't seen any hunting knife or matches, maybe it's a little better with drinks but not to much. Also it's an alpha patch but it is to raw at the moment, because there is to many problems with gameplay process.

I didn't play the new patch myself yet and I understand some of your criticism but the one thing I disagree with is: when you are on a hill near a city sniping zeds and/or players and you are attracting zeds constantly... imo that's a good change. I never understood that snipers could lie somewhere hidden and safe from zeds, only worrying about other players or the noise of their shooting.

That said: Zeds hitting you from 10 feet away (just like in that DayZ SA E3 footage with Matt) is just horribly wrong. I don't care about Zeds giving 1 hit knockouts or 1 hit infections to full health players occasionally when they can reach you with a melee attack: you were careless and Zeds should be dangerous. But glitchy Zeds that attack you from range is just unreal and denies any ninja/stealth gameplay because you never can avoid getting near Zeds while sneaking around them. The only safe ways to look for loot with ranged Zed attacks seems to be: shoot every Zed or use silenced weapons - where the first is very dangerous and the latter is only possible with high tier weapons/crossbows (since using melee weapons seems to be suicidal).

Edited by kingkrabbe.#bof

I can understand why people arent happy with latest changes. I belive standalone will be similar to 1.7.7. Patch. I liked how it was before but also how it is after latest patch. truth is you cant make happy all people....

Maybe they should make 2 kinds of servers. One with more loot, weaker zombies (lets call it arcade ;) ) and one hardcore, like it it is after patch 17.7

I have to say. I am puzzled as to why certain vehicles have now been banned. These arent even mentioned in the changelog that I can see. Why ban the SUV? And the MTVR? There are others that were, up till now, allowed, but are prolly overpowered or not "appropriate" but cmon.... really?

As a server admin this is slightly annoying.

Yea we don't use these on the official hive they got banned due to this however i've already unbanned again.

Yea we don't use these on the official hive they got banned due to this however i've already unbanned again.

So does this mean in a upcoming 1.7.7 patch we publice hivers might see some love with an SUV spawn? <3

w00t!

this is just retarded.. as50/M107 removed so we logged with empty hands among zombs in the forest, with increased chance to get infected we both got infected in one hit, antibiotics even dont spawn so often like they used to (with old inf. chance they were everywhere in hangars, barracks & shit) and you can now die so now im at nwaf with fucking empty blood icon and still infected... 6x ran around nwaf and no antibiotics at all.. rly good job -.-"

snapback.pngSasek, on 16 June 2013 - 12:41 AM, said:

Got infected by 1 hit and was searching for antibiotics for about 4 hours... I run across map, visit 3 hospitals, industrials, farms and other buildings and found nothing to cure. You really need to fix this... I can understand that the loot is hard to find, but this infection thing should start when you have, let's say, 1/3 blood, not when I'm fresh spawn, and after one hit I get infected. This is very irritating please do some fixes or do some tests first...

Next time I got infected by few hits, but thats rather lucky not to get infected by 1 hit.

or it should just stop draining blood even at 1k.. there are no antibiotics.. we used to find shitloads of them in airfield hangars, barracks and military tents when they were kinda useless and now 3x sobor military tents, 6x nwaf and not a single antibiotics

umm.. there could be some kind of "skills" like repairing cars, driving, swimming that would improve repair speed (or chance to repair because well we know not that many ppl can repair a helicopter or car's engine), swimming speed or car handling or something like that :)

Edited by plevel

Got infected by 1 hit and was searching for antibiotics for about 4 hours... I run across map, visit 3 hospitals, industrials, farms and other buildings and found nothing to cure. You really need to fix this... I can understand that the loot is hard to find, but this infection thing should start when you have, let's say, 1/3 blood, not when I'm fresh spawn, and after one hit I get infected. This is very irritating please do some fixes or do some tests first...

Next time I got infected by few hits, but thats rather lucky not to get infected by 1 hit.

or it should just stop draining blood even at 1k.. there are no antibiotics.. we used to find shitloads of them in airfield hangars, barracks and military tents when they were kinda useless and now 3x sobor military tents, 6x nwaf and not a single antibiotics

umm.. there could be some kind of "skills" like repairing cars, driving, swimming that would improve repair speed (or chance to repair because well we know not that many ppl can repair a helicopter or car's engine), swimming speed or car handling or something like that :)

this is just retarded.. as50/M107 removed so we logged with empty hands among zombs in the forest, with increased chance to get infected we both got infected in one hit, antibiotics even dont spawn so often like they used to (with old inf. chance they were everywhere in hangars, barracks & shit) and you can now die so now im at nwaf with fucking empty blood icon and still infected... 6x ran around nwaf and no antibiotics at all.. rly good job -.-"

three posts in six minutes, c'mon bro edit that shiz instead.

Edited by Bondue

Disappearing tents, duping gear, any news on a hotfix yet? The people are growing wary.

Disappearing tents, duping gear, any news on a hotfix yet? The people are growing wary.

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/139589-rolling-changelog/#entry1370526

Here ya go! Hopefully it'll fix all that but keep the difficult zeds and low loot spawns! :P

Edited by Zarniwoop
  • Like 1

After a week of playing 1.7.7,

yesterday I rolled back to 1.7.6.1 and played for the whole night.

It was great!!!

Well, I really hate the new zombie behaviour:

If you raid an isolated supermarket, like the one in Krasnostav, you can easily run up to ~5 meters from the entrace, then go prone and infiltrate the supermarket. You may have to wait a minute to let the inside spawning zombies go out, but then,

No stealth skill needed here at all!!!

But when you start to loot the goods, the zeds will 'magically' find you and start to attack.

For more than once, I ended up with multiple zeds tracking me inside the market.

They seemed to know exactly where I am and track me down, but all the time my stealth symbols where both no bars.It's because they 'guard' the loot.

With my low frame rate (~12 inside cities) and multiple zeds inside a building, I am damned, no way to avoid a zombie attack and a 50% chance for infection. And in one week of playing, I never managed to find the amount of ammo I was spending on the zombies guarding the waste!

I really loved the old way of infiltration (stealth and finesse were needed) and I absolutely dislike the new one, stealth isn't helping anymore.

The zeds even tracked me down, when i was organizing my loot between my tent and my ATV.

In the middle of nowhere, I have a tent on a slope in the woods and wanted to shift my loot to my ATV, which was on the bottom of the hill, 20 meters away, behind the fir trees.

After the second transfer tour, I could hear zeds opposite to the fir trees. Then, after tour three, they found me and I had to run for ~5 minutes around the fir trees to get rid of them.

That is another point that really sucks. I don't want to run around for ages, just to ged rid of a zed.

Which is because of its speed and agility impossible to hit.

Well, I'm a 49 year old software developer and I looked in the code a bit, it seems all perfectly well, fantastic job done,

but unfortunatly, it is a real fun break :-(

After a hard days work, I want to relax, and have a bit of fun. But come on, when all the fun is finding a Makarov mag or getetting rid of the zeds that hindered me picking up the only antibiotics I found in a weeks play, what's the point ?

With the current zombie mechanics, I won't play 1.7.7 any more, it's just no fun anymore.

I will play on the last 1.6.1 servers and if there aren't anymore,

maybe I will buy my own 1.6.1 server.

--- just my two cents ---

• Like 9

After a week of playing 1.7.7,

yesterday I rolled back to 1.7.6.1 and played for the whole night.

It was great!!!

Well, I really hate the new zombie behaviour:

If you raid an isolated supermarket, like the one in Krasnostav, you can easily run up to ~5 meters from the entrace, then go prone and infiltrate the supermarket. You may have to wait a minute to let the inside spawning zombies go out, but then,

No stealth skill needed here at all!!!

But when you start to loot the goods, the zeds will 'magically' find you and start to attack.

For more than once, I ended up with multiple zeds tracking me inside the market.

They seemed to know exactly where I am and track me down, but all the time my stealth symbols where both no bars.It's because they 'guard' the loot.

With my low frame rate (~12 inside cities) and multiple zeds inside a building, I am damned, no way to avoid a zombie attack and a 50% chance for infection. And in one week of playing, I never managed to find the amount of ammo I was spending on the zombies guarding the waste!

I really loved the old way of infiltration (stealth and finesse were needed) and I absolutely dislike the new one, stealth isn't helping anymore.

The zeds even tracked me down, when i was organizing my loot between my tent and my ATV.

In the middle of nowhere, I have a tent on a slope in the woods and wanted to shift my loot to my ATV, which was on the bottom of the hill, 20 meters away, behind the fir trees.

After the second transfer tour, I could hear zeds opposite to the fir trees. Then, after tour three, they found me and I had to run for ~5 minutes around the fir trees to get rid of them.

That is another point that really sucks. I don't want to run around for ages, just to ged rid of a zed.

Which is because of its speed and agility impossible to hit.

Well, I'm a 49 year old software developer and I looked in the code a bit, it seems all perfectly well, fantastic job done,

but unfortunatly, it is a real fun break :-(

After a hard days work, I want to relax, and have a bit of fun. But come on, when all the fun is finding a Makarov mag or getetting rid of the zeds that hindered me picking up the only antibiotics I found in a weeks play, what's the point ?

With the current zombie mechanics, I won't play 1.7.7 any more, it's just no fun anymore.

I will play on the last 1.6.1 servers and if there aren't anymore,

maybe I will buy my own 1.6.1 server.

--- just my two cents ---

Cry me a river

• Like 1

snapback.pngSasek, on 16 June 2013 - 12:41 AM, said:

Boo Hoo get over it they where OP and did not fit in with the game

I like to delay early adoption for DayZ Version "upgrades" until a few weeks after folks "review" it for me with their complaints/praises.

Seems the stronger, deadlier zeds have not just returned the game to a higher level of difficulty (folks were complaining about the zombies being too easy to outrun, hide from, avoid) but have perhaps crossed a threshold where increased difficultly makes it an entirely different game! Not a bad game, just a different one.

If your concentration is now on zombie avoidance instead of PvP interaction, perhaps this is what the game devs intended all along, to make it a game about zombies and less about killing other players. I always felt it strange when watching players (YouTube) treating zombies as more of a harmless nuisance than the actual threat. So, yes, if you're simulating zombie survival, the game looks like it has returned to the right track.

• Like 3

Funny how when you are hit or shot you start loosing blood, and not even from a neck or arms but keeps gushing out of backpack.

You loose all your blood in a couple of minutes and die, but blood keeps gushing out of body for hours..until server reset or til someone hides the body.

Realy, atleast make that animation stop when a player dies.

Also, i can confirm that new teds take up to 3 DMR bullets to die, so if DMR damage is stil around 8k that means they have 24k blood?

On the other hand a nice young strong survivor has only 12k.

And keep in mind that those zombies arent dead rising from graves at full moon, but infected humans so their bodies shouldnt be more capable than the ones of uninfected survivors, any virus can only weaken the person it infects, its not like u get HIV and now you become a superman, can fly and have laser eyes?

Tho i am ok with them having a greater chance of infecting u.

But in the end this is your freakshow, your parody of a zombie game. I have no power over you, but when SA comes out (in years and years and years..if ever)

You develop it as you wish, but dont expect folks to buy that.

As for 1.7.7 coments, this is my last one.

Good day.

Edited by marko4231
  • Like 1

Boo Hoo get over it they where OP and did not fit in with the game

we dont care about M107 dmg if its 7,8 or 235235635k but about the model & sound which was pretty cool

Edited by plevel
  • Like 1

the zeds in 1.7.6.1 practically weren't there at all

if you prefer that, DayZ ain't for you.

Granted, 1.7.7 can be a bit overkill at times, and this is being worked on, but overall the foundation is 100x better for the purpose of the game

• Like 6

& dont you plan to give us back M107 even with lower dmg? we already miss its sound

I dont see any reason why there should be .50 cal anti-materiel rifles in the game after this, even if it had a "cool" sound. You can go to Arma2 armory range and shoot as much as you like it. If something, more civilian (*note: excluding U.S civilian weapon standards*) used weapons should be preferred.

Edited by Kuikka

What I can't understand is that the mod and the standalone are drifting apart more and more. The mod is getting more action based with every patch: More Military, more Spawns, more Vehicles, etc...

On the other hand in the standalone you will be happy to build a sling shot or something. If the games are drifting apart more I think its guaranteed that people will become frustrated in the standalone. I like the action part in Dayz with Zombies as a barrier that tries to block me from killing other people, if I want to play player vs. environment, I gonna play singleplayer...

I think this train is running upon close a cliff...

Edited by Beaxx