willey.erd@oundleschool.org.uk

DayZ Alpha won't launch until launched !

Agreed, we will not see SA release before Arma 3. If Bohemia has any business sense they will want to sell DayZ fans three products, Arma2, Arma 3 for the "official" DayZ Mod port and a taste of new engine and only then Dayz SA. And for that the order of release should be in the same sequence.

And on the other hand people will get fed up of waiting and either go to the WarZ or just forget about DayZ alltogether. There been alot of broken promises and that will also hurt it. The best thing for Dean and BI to do is release it as an early Alpha sooner rather than later.

snip

I'm not really sure where you are getting your information. I'm assumuing most of it is just speculation.

Rocket has said several times that if there is a console port of dayz it wont be for a long way down the road.

In regards to what you said about the skeletons being only half done. He actually said:

It's not going to be a pretty test. Currently there are a number of broken animations, as we're halfway between two skeletons. An example being holding a gun, it's completely buggered right now.

Half way between would mean that the skeleton is already complete and that they are just finishing putting it into use.

Edited by Rarabka233
  • Like 2

And on the other hand people will get fed up of waiting and either go to the WarZ or just forget about DayZ alltogether. There been alot of broken promises and that will also hurt it. The best thing for Dean and BI to do is release it as an early Alpha sooner rather than later.

Arma 2 is the goose that lays golden eggs and it's paying for the development of their flagship product. If anyone has any doubt which product (despite DayZ crazy success) IS their *flagship* product just visit http://www.bistudio.com/ I challenge you to find DayZ SA mentioned anywhere on the BiS official website. Sure they had to claim ownership of the DayZ idea and preemptively announce DayZ SA almost a year ago. But announcing plans and putting actual resources into development are two different things. SA is their underfunded and neglected bastard child that will remain on the back burner until Arma 3 is released and makes then enough money through DayZ "official" port.

Edited by ZlobaRUS54

Sounds like there's plenty of work to be done before public testing. Please guys. Do not get overly excited about some magical June 1st release date.

Arma 2 is the goose that lays golden eggs and it's paying for the development of their flagship product. If anyone has any doubt which product (despite DayZ crazy success) IS their *flagship* product just visit http://www.bistudio.com/ I challenge you to find DayZ mentioned anywhere on the BiS official website. Sure they had to claim ownership of the DayZ idea and preemptively announce DayZ SA almost a year ago. But announcing plans and putting actual resources into development are two different things. SA is their underfunded and neglected bastard child that will remain on the back burner until Arma 3 is released and makes then enough money through DayZ "official" port.

I agree that Arma series is the flagship for Bohemia. How much resources BIS puts in DayZ is hard to tell yet because DayZ will be ongoing project like Arma games so only time will tell but I think it will not be more than in Arma for a while.

Arma 2 is the goose that lays golden eggs and it's paying for the development of their flagship product. If anyone has any doubt which product (despite DayZ crazy success) IS their *flagship* product just visit http://www.bistudio.com/ I challenge you to find DayZ SA mentioned anywhere on the BiS official website. Sure they had to claim ownership of the DayZ idea and preemptively announce DayZ SA almost a year ago. But announcing plans and putting actual resources into development are two different things. SA is their underfunded and neglected bastard child that will remain on the back burner until Arma 3 is released and makes then enough money through DayZ "official" port.

100% this.

To be honest I would be shocked if they didn't milk arma 2 AND 3 dry before allowing the DayZ SA to be released. Especially when you factor in how much money they lost from Carrier Command Gaea Mission.

Also keep in mind, as much as I love BI and rockets team, it is still very far from being an AAA+ publisher (if we ignore the fluke that was OP Flashpoint), meaning that the wait may be longer than normal.

I really hope I'm wrong on the Christmas '13 release, but I think the golden goose point made by ZlobaRUS54 will definitely apply here.

Quartermaine are you now talking about the open alpha or v1.0 release? /Oh nvm you talked about alpha up there... If v1.0 well December '13 is plausible but I wouldn't wonder if goes even further haha. If alpha then can't really see that "streams are coming very soon" to mean another half a year.

Edited by St. Jimmy

SA is their underfunded and neglected bastard child that will remain on the back burner until Arma 3 is released and makes then enough money through DayZ "official" port.

I disagree with this statement largely because if DayZ was underfunded all of the foundational and architectural changes that Rocket has spoken about would not have been implemented. DayZ mod in stand alone format would have been released December 2012 instead.

What part of alpha do you guys not understand.

Oh and it's xbox one not 720

Edited by evanf45

If the closed Alpha is pushed any further than this Summer I could see many people not returning at all. The cat is out of the bag, more open world PvP games are going to be dropping in the next year and the standalone has a tight window to seem innovative instead of getting lost in the barrage. Plus I highly doubt DayZ standalone wants to compete during the Winter quarter, best option is starting a limited release alpha followed by a paid Beta and finally the "release."

Arma 3 already has a DayZ port and within a couple of months that port will be bug fixed and ready for even more modding. But who really cares, they are vastly over their initial projections so anyone making guesses right now (including myself) is just talking out of their ass. I just hope it ends up being worth the wait.

just wait till E3

If the closed Alpha is pushed any further than this Summer I could see many people not returning at all. The cat is out of the bag, more open world PvP games are going to be dropping in the next year and the standalone has a tight window to seem innovative instead of getting lost in the barrage. Plus I highly doubt DayZ standalone wants to compete during the Winter quarter, best option is starting a limited release alpha followed by a paid Beta and finally the "release."

Arma 3 already has a DayZ port and within a couple of months that port will be bug fixed and ready for even more modding. But who really cares, they are vastly over their initial projections so anyone making guesses right now (including myself) is just talking out of their ass. I just hope it ends up being worth the wait.

It will most likely be worth the wait, seeing how much the game is different from the mod already. Different clothing (Not just skins), no loot piles. Things like that change the game and how it's played, the mod was great, let's hope the standalone will be amazing! (Yeah, I know it's an alpha and not a lot.. But it's game changing and I really like that)

I too am getting impatient, hopefully we'll see something popping up pretty soon.

Edited by voddler

mmmm..

I just ordered a couple of THX certified surround sound headphones off Amazon....

:)

Well look its almost June, marking the days one at a time!

It´s gonna be like end of June ....

FYI posting/reposting vids/links to vids of the closed beta is not tolerated at this time. Please dont do it.

• Like 2

I really hope for this to be the last thread saying "DayZ Alpha wont launch until...". I'm pretty sure that after E3 they're going to give a confirmed launch date but well... my teeth are scratching hard since forever.

I can wait. The game will be better for sure if patience is taken. Patience is served. =D

^^^ Pretty much that. I am just as eager to play it but I'm not going to get all entitled about it. It will show up when it shows up :P

Ive seen that video. If thats the current progress with the zombies clipping through everything and not responding then theres alot of wortk to be done and quite frnakly im dissapointed.