willey.erd@oundleschool.org.uk

DayZ Alpha won't launch until launched !

I have seen this for years and I still haven't got a clue what he is REALLY saying :-(

first he's yelling because his pc isn't starting fast enough,

than hes yelling because Unreal Tournament isnt loading fast enough

and than hes yelling because he is getting killed.

Also heard that treyarch and hammerpoint is involved too.

This is gonna be awesome, elite of the game world working together!! take my money!!

I still maintain that Treyarch's Spiderman games were awesome.

Edited by mZLY
  • Like 2

Hello there

*brace for impact*

There was never any official release time. Folk assumed it would be before his Everest jaunt. It did seem appropriate back then.

It's no surprise that it will be released later on, but I expect a great storm of complaints, toys being thrown out of prams, accusations of lies and a Illuminati conspiracy and a general wailing and gnashing of teeth.

I'm strapped in and my shields are up.

Rgds

LoK

actually there was an official date. It was 2012. But yeah, we all know how well dean is with dead lines :D. In the end what we want is a finished product. I just wish he was more concentrating on the game rather than abusing his fame but oh well... the end product will be good for sure!!

INB4 the alpha won't be out on June so stop the hopes right now. As said we all know how he is with keeping dead lines so just accept the fact that it's probably coming in september. And Dean stop making goals you can't achieve.

actually there was an official date. It was 2012. But yeah, we all know how well dean is with dead lines :D. In the end what we want is a finished product. I just wish he was more concentrating on the game rather than abusing his fame but oh well... the end product will be good for sure!!

INB4 the alpha won't be out on June so stop the hopes right now. As said we all know how he is with keeping dead lines so just accept the fact that it's probably coming in september. And Dean stop making goals you can't achieve.

19 pages and we're still at square one... Do people actually try to be this ignorant? I don't get it....

Just for your sake, please link a source where these official dates are written or quoted.

• Like 2

DayZ SA suffered the same fate that the warz did, it was a scam and now its DEAD, no more updates no nothing!

We wont be hearing from them again, only matter of time when these forums go down "hacked"!

Trust me, I am a doctor.

Edited by Zeppa

Some people here are complaining about June not beeing a good month for a zombie game and that is just stupid.

As always, i have to say that i can wait, sure it is hard from time to time and everybody would want to play the game NOW.

But honestly, it does not really matter. The game will hopefully come this year and i think it would be better if it does because some might lose interest in dayz if it takes another year till release.

I just hope that Dean and his team don´t suffer because of the pressure from the community. I imagine it can be really difficult at times to "please" 1.5 Million fans.

We have to be patient and when the alpha is ready i think we will see something similar to the Arma III alpha distribution model which is available via steam these days.

so long, another patient gamer with full support for the devs.

Rudson.

The irony is that it was June and over the summer last year when the mod went viral.

As far as I can see, almost every criticism aimed at the devs is basically people just not wanting to wait, they want it now. We all want it now but it's not gonna happen, not if we want the game we hope DayZ can be.

• Like 3

We need more power! SULA! Get to the bridge and take up your position, we can take no chances here.

Cadet Distiction reporting for duty!

I don't mind waiting, but going on a big vacation during the heat of the production is not very professional, speaking from a game dev's point of view.

I don't mind waiting, but going on a big vacation during the heat of the production is not very professional, speaking from a game dev's point of view.

Seems to me you're speaking from an impatient complainer point of view.

But it's OK. Rocket says if you record a video of you burning all the skin off your hand and post it on here, he'll come back and release SA immediately.

But it's OK. Rocket says if you record a video of you burning all the skin off your hand and post it on here, he'll come back and release SA immediately.

Chabowski!

Some of these nuts will do it you know.

EDIT: Now where's that kettle...

Edited by Max Planck

Chill out. I'm just pointing out the fact. In the gaming studios I've worked in, no1 has taken a vacation more than 1 week during the heat of production period. Let's not forget Rocket is the lead of the whole team, so his role is the most important in there.

Almost correct :) Dean's initial deadline was his "personal goal".

As to his fame, well I'm sure his ego doesn't mind the web wide stroking it's recieving, but getting the "brand" out there at various expo's and confrences is a vital part to assisting in the games success IMHO.

Rgds

LoK

I'm not sure I'd call it a vacation, more of a once in a life-time opportunity. People spend years trying to organise a trip to the top of Everest, for some it's literally the sole aim in their life. If I was him I wouldn't drop it for a game either, especially if I had a great team that could continue working on it whilst I was away.

Edited by Fraggle
  • Like 2

I'm not sure I'd call it a vacation, more of a once in a life-time opportunity. People spend years trying to organise a trip to the top of Everest, for some it's literally the sole aim in their life. If I was him I wouldn't drop it for a game either, especially if I had a great team that could continue working on it whilst I was away.

Leave Matt Lightfoot in-charge.

#yolo

Edited by GOD™
  • Like 1

I honestly don't think anyone cares anymore... Not about the game, but about the wait. What's another two months?!

I can respect a life-time goal if one make a clean choice. For example, one my colleagues just decided to quit his job and travel the world for a year. But as long as one is still on the duty, a certain working ethic should be followed. I'm not saying this is a completely wrong thing to do. I'm just saying that this is not exactly a proper act in terms of working ethic and professionalism. Imagine in the middle of the battle, while your army is overtaking a city, your commander suddenly says, Ok boys, I know we are in the middle of war here, but I gotta go ahead and pursue my personal goal. I trust that you are a good company and you can conquer the city without my command? Now does that sound like a perfectly right thing to do? I'd bet the differ.

I'm not complaining about the delay. In fact I want a polished game as much as the next rational fan of the game. But does it mean I have to agree with everything that Rocket does? Nope. Only fanboys do that and I'm not one of them.

Well your analogy doesn't really hold up because it was planned well before the SA was ever thought of and BIS were well aware of it before any contracts were signed. If the trip was planned after the SA was announced then I'd agree with you but in this case I can't.

I don't just blindly agree with everything Rocket does, his communication sucks for example, I just look at the facts.

Obviously the timing sucks but that's life.

Edited by Fraggle
  • Like 4

Well I guess the bottom line is: BIS allowed Rocket's time-off, so I'm not gonna argue any further. Let's just settle it with different opinions. :) All the best with Day SA nonetheless, and I know I'm gonna enjoy it when it comes out.

• Like 3

To clarify. I don't actually want folks to start setting themselves alight.

I shouldn't need to explain that it was a joke, but as Max pointed out, you can never be too careful when the megaminds around here are concerned. ^_^

Flaming hand videos will NOT make SA come out sooner.

Though I'd still consider it more constructive than complaining.

• Like 1

Flaming hand videos will NOT make SA come out sooner.

would be a nice entertainment for the time in between though :P