willey.erd@oundleschool.org.uk

DayZ Alpha won't launch until launched !

You know what I meant.

No. Actually the only people who "know what you meant" are people who also thought there were multiple release dates. Am I missing something? There was LITERALLY only one release time frame blown and that was back and December and it was blown for a good reason. Since then there has been nothing. I'm serious, please elaborate on what you mean.

Edited by AnarchyBrownies

He hyped it up on purpose by saying "Were looking to release the game within a window of about a week" didn't say what week it would be, could be a week in December 2013 for all we know. How vague can he be with this kind of statement yet tricking everyone to think it will be released in a week. Lets be honest at this rate were lucky to get the game in August. But I'm not really sure how lucky we will be by the time it does get released. It's obvious from the recent videos that the problem is with the zombie animation which is completely out of sync, so were all better off waiting. If you played the game as is you would say it is pure crap with zombies flying 2 feet away from you yet still hitting you due to syncing issues. I know they can take their sweet time developing it so we have a more polished game. Hell I'm sick of looking at the Chernarus map already, so should some of you.

HAPPY 4th of JULY

Edited by dayzus

He hyped it up on purpose by saying "Were looking to release the game withing a window of about a week" didn't say what week would be a week in December 2013 for all we know. How vague can he be with this kind of statement yet tricking everyone to think it will be released in a week. lol Lets be honest at this rate were lucky to get the game out in August.

The only people who were hyped up were the people who didn't listen to any sentence after that. When he first said "window of about a week" I was confused too and then he elaborated and it was quite clear. For some people it wasn't, and that's fine but once they came here or went to whatever reliable DayZ source they had, they could be told to watch the video again and there is no mistaking what he meant. And he has already said no more than two months. Which still stands. People have to stop blaming others for their own misunderstandings. If you're making the point that Rocket is trying to hype the game then you haven't watched enough videos on the standalone's development.

"Yeah this needs to be fixed. This needs to be fixed too. We'll get around to fixing that as well. It's pretty buggy right now. People shouldn't expect much from the Alpha release. We're definitely looking to add that later on. We're definitely looking to add that later on. We're definitely looking to add that later on. We're not setting a date and rushing the game. We're not setting a date and rushing the game." - Rocket. Every video.

There is no hype coming from the development's side.

• Like 3

The only people who were hyped up were the people who didn't listen to any sentence after that. When he first said "window of about a week" I was confused too and then he elaborated and it was quite clear. For some people it wasn't, and that's fine but once they came here or went to whatever reliable DayZ source they had, they could be told to watch the video again and there is no mistaking what he meant. And he has already said no more than two months. Which still stands. People have to stop blaming others for their own misunderstandings. If you're making the point that Rocket is trying to hype the game then you haven't watched enough videos on the standalone's development.

"Yeah this needs to be fixed. This needs to be fixed too. We'll get around to fixing that as well. It's pretty buggy right now. People shouldn't expect much from the Alpha release. We're definitely looking to add that later on. We're definitely looking to add that later on. We're definitely looking to add that later on. We're not setting a date and rushing the game. We're not setting a date and rushing the game." - Rocket. Every video.

There is no hype coming from the development's side.

It's not a bad thing to hype up a product, I have seen all the videos. I know that they purposely leave things outs and use older builds on purpose in those demos. Why would they show a incomplete inventory management UI and at the last minute slap it all together when they have zombie syncing issues and a network infrastructure that they are customizing for their game in regards to zombies which will now all spawn on THEIR servers. People lets not forget game development takes YEARS upon YEARS to do properly and most of the time it's still done wrong. That is how business work. Quit thinking he is showing you all the goodies when he obviously is not and for good reason too.

But if your delusional, then keep on believing the hype and that he is showing you the most up to date build in the demos, Hahahahaha. Maybe up to date server wise NOT client wise, geez people believe everything their told. Keep drinking the koolaid people, like apple fan boys. lol <- Don't believe me? Look at the paragraph above and read it again. BUSINESS PEOPLE!!!

Edited by dayzus

It's not a bad thing to hype up a product, I have seen all the videos. I know that they purposely leave things outs and use older builds on purpose in those demos. Why would they show a incomplete inventory management UI and at the last minute slap it all together when they have zombie syncing issues and a network infrastructure that they are customizing for their game in regards to zombies which will now all spawn on THEIR servers. People lets not forget game development takes YEARS upon YEARS to do properly and most of the time it's still done wrong. I would hope I am right because that is how business work. Quit thinking he is showing you all the goodies when he obviously is not and for good reason too.

But if your delusional then keep on believing the hype and that he is showing you the most up to date build in the demos, Hahahahaha. Maybe up to date server NOT client, geez people believe everything. Keep drinking the koolaid like apple fan boys.

I think the point I've made is that they've repeatedly said that there aren't a heck of a lot of goodies right now and they've shown us the "goodies" that are currently workable. Of course, there are probably new things added every day but it just isn't their job to show us everything that's going on all the time. Far from being because they want to generate "hype" I think it's more like they have more important work to do. If that's hype then I guess they're a hype machine.

Hey guys new devblog not :D

Huh... All those men had two nipples... This means the SA is going to be out in 2 days! Quick, get the articles ready!

Edited by Ombra
  • Like 1

It's not a bad thing to hype up a product, I have seen all the videos. I know that they purposely leave things outs and use older builds on purpose in those demos. Why would they show a incomplete inventory management UI and at the last minute slap it all together when they have zombie syncing issues and a network infrastructure that they are customizing for their game in regards to zombies which will now all spawn on THEIR servers. People lets not forget game development takes YEARS upon YEARS to do properly and most of the time it's still done wrong. That is how business work. Quit thinking he is showing you all the goodies when he obviously is not and for good reason too.

But if your delusional, then keep on believing the hype and that he is showing you the most up to date build in the demos, Hahahahaha. Maybe up to date server wise NOT client wise, geez people believe everything their told. Keep drinking the koolaid people, like apple fan boys. lol <- Don't believe me? Look at the paragraph above and read it again. BUSINESS PEOPLE!!!

I hate to break it to you but when they show a build it's usually the current build, the jumping animations shown at E3 with the syncing issues were added that morning, the inventory UI looked incomplete because it really was incomplete. It really sounds like you're the one hyping this up as something it's not.

• Like 1

Ok, if the game is not coming this month I gonna be really pissed and frustrated. ^^

Edited by Wayze
  • Like 1

Ok, if the game is not coming this month I gonna be really pissed and frustrated. ^^

Haha best just to not expect anything at all and distract yourself with something else!

I am not sure but does Dean want to reduce Bandits with the new medical system? I heard you have to trade to survive, or more it is really hard to survive alone. But why should I trade if I can just kill him? Why should I risk it? Shoot him, take the medicin and I am good to go.

I am not sure but does Dean want to reduce Bandits with the new medical system? I heard you have to trade to survive, or more it is really hard to survive alone. But why should I trade if I can just kill him? Why should I risk it? Shoot him, take the medicin and I am good to go.

Thanks to the new degradation system you have a chance to break items that the person you shot is carrying (I know this is confirmed for clothing but not sure about things in pockets, backpacks, etc.).

Also since things will be so rare I'm assuming guns and ammo will be more of a godsend and you'll be less willing to use it on someone unless you need to.

Thanks to the new degradation system you have a chance to break items that the person you shot is carrying (I know this is confirmed for clothing but not sure about things in pockets, backpacks, etc.).

Also since things will be so rare I'm assuming guns and ammo will be more of a godsend and you'll be less willing to use it on someone unless you need to.

Better take the chances to break something than to die. And your second argument is even a better example for pro bandit. Weapons and ammo are very rare so you dont want to lose it. And on the other side if a player has a weapon which is really rare you want to have this weapon. And I think banditery is pretty much something like a domino effect. Look, lets say there are 1/20 who want to play as bandits from the beginning. They betray people etc. every single person they betray is going to be very paranoid, they will kill other survivors to survive. The people who get killed will do the same... after a few weeks or months it could change the gameplay immensly. So 1 guy can cause huge changes to the game. I dont think that anything can change that and I dont think it should be change.

Like u said everything will be rare, you will maybe kill other players just for food or water. What if there is one can of food and the other guy does not want to give it to you, but you need it to surivive. What do you do? You kill him. The same with medicine, kill to survive.

I also think itll make a big difference that you can lower your gun easy now.

So you dont always look like your going to shoot someone.

And you can put your hands over your head i think.

I also think itll make a big difference that you can lower your gun easy now.

So you dont always look like your going to shoot someone.

And you can put your hands over your head i think.

Both things you can do in the mod.

Both things you can do in the mod.

I think in the Standalone though you have to hold a button to even raise your weapon. By default it's down and wants to be down. Just a minor stance change that could make a difference. Correct me if I'm wrong though, I can't remember 100% if that's the new default in the standalone.

I think in the Standalone though you have to hold a button to even raise your weapon. By default it's down and wants to be down. Just a minor stance change that could make a difference. Correct me if I'm wrong though, I can't remember 100% if that's the new default in the standalone.

This was removed because it was really annoying.

+ the first who raises the weapon wins, so you dont even want to lower your gun

You got your weapon lowered and you see a bandit, what happens? You are dead. Noone will run around with a lowered weapon.

Edited by Wayze

I'm surprised if running around with lowered weapon won't be faster than running while aiming.

• Like 3

I'm surprised if running around with lowered weapon won't be faster than running while aiming.

Yes!

+ i hope there will be some more defensive things like riot shield or something to exchange firepower for defense.

Yes!

+ i hope there will be some more defensive things like riot shield or something to exchange firepower for defense.

It is no Call of Duty, if you are alone walking with a riot shield you are screwed. If you want a bulletproof shield it has to be a heavy one made of steel or something. Normal riot shield are not even bulletproof, some are but only against low velocity like pistoles or shotguns. Second problem is that if you are shot you will probably fall down anyway because the bullet is very, very fast.

I don't think you could implement them good.

Edited by Wayze

What do riot shields have the f to do with CoD?

Why am i screwed with a maybe kevplar plated shield ( crafting ) and a deagle in the other hand.

If you dont have any intention of attacking someone in ambush you dont need ambush weapons and give the option to choose , if its a great decision or not gameplaywise.

I can't figure out why small studios like Facepunch (Rust), The Fun Pimps (7 Days to Die), & Sandswept (The Dead Linger) show more progress in their games than DayZ SA, which has a moderately sized studio behind it.

Why am i screwed with a maybe kevplar plated shield ( crafting ) and a deagle in the other hand.

If you dont have any intention of attacking someone in ambush you dont need ambush weapons and give the option to choose , if its a great decision or not gameplaywise.

Riot shields have nothing to do with COD, relax, you're not in the wrong. It's the other way round, COD implements tools that are used in "real life".. If DayZ uses the same same tools, why should DayZ be related to COD? It's just that we're in a real life scenario and riot shields would be a tool that should not be ignored if you find one (in a police station or scattered amongst Police bodies in cities, towns).

(But COD did it! Fuck COD)

I swear, The hate towards COD from DayZ fans will only drag down the opportunity to create a realistic and enjoyable game.

We're only dragging ourselves down by becoming fan-boys.

Edited by DaveZ
  • Like 3

Riot shields have nothing to do with COD, relax, you're not in the wrong. It's the other way round, COD implements tools that are used in "real life".. If DayZ uses the same same tools, why should DayZ be related to COD? It's just that we're in a real life scenario and riot shields would be a tool that should not be ignored if you find one (in a police station or scattered amongst Police bodies in cities, towns).

(But COD did it! Fuck COD)

I swear, The hate towards COD from DayZ fans will only drag down the opportunity to create a realistic and enjoyable game.

We're only dragging ourselves down by becoming fan-boys.

You dont see the point, because of games like COD the people actually think you could use a riot shield against bullets. Like I said so often now, you gonna be dead in seconds. Riot shields are not made for lethal combat.

People play CoD and think you can actually stay behind a riot shield and survive a bullet. Do that in real life and you are dead in seconds. Riot shield are not for protecting from bullets, they are used in demonstations and police if the weapons are not high powered. And if you actually want a riot shield which is bullet proof against weapons you need a really heavy one. You have to hold it in both arms so you cannot hold it on one hand and on the other a weapon. Unrealistic. And if someone shoots you while you are holding a riot shield you will be knocked back because the force of a bullet is so immens you could even lose the shield from your hand. Like I said in real life you never use freakin riot shields for military operation because you will die if you do so. They are not bulletproof like I said. And even if they were the impact would be to strong to hold the shield.

Edited by Wayze

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMjAfop_vEM

Like ... yeah...

If you position it down on the ground and take cover behind it ( what theyre design for you can fire from behind.

You wont have as much ammo and firepower , but in a straight on firefight id beat youre ass pretty bad with that and a 1911 :D

And its not only high tech swat stuff , local police uses them as well as multi purpose tools...

Also as you can see here it has a 1 arm holding handle to it , kind of a smaller version but still what im looking for.

And as 3rd evidence i would like to show you a nice Shield + Gun/RIFLE Combat training video used as police and special forces strategy.

THE MOST i like the part with rifle and shield

It WON'T make you invincible but gives a HUGE advantage over every enemy especially with high amounts of ow cal weapons.

Edited by Feanorfeuergeist
  • Like 1