willey.erd@oundleschool.org.uk

DayZ Alpha won't launch until launched !

People seem to be forgetting that they can still just play the mod

Maybe some people don't have the mod? And they probably don't want to spend the money on Arma II when the game will probably be out sometime soon.

True, a lot of my friends has gotten a bit tired of the mod since updates are slow and also due to the fact that the stand alone is about to launch its alpha stage in a couple of months - rendering progress in DayZ Mod useless. I still love Dayz Mod, but I think the mod needs more work and I actually don't see the need for a "new game", I see why it is an interesting topic but I'm afraid that DayZ may go down with it - a lot of people think of DayZ as "DayZ Mod", which probably will not be the same. I really hope DayZ still has the DayZ Mod feeling to it.

The mod is restricted to the Arma 2 engine.

And to relate to Inception's post I believe that the SA has small tads of things taken straight from ARMA 3 which will be nice..

Anyone else notice the PAX video where the hands of the character looks super real?

I would like to see more work put into the Standalone instead of Mod.

I'm not there, I can't tell what you guys are doing but I am just saying that the mod should be just left for us to play on meanwhile you guys are getting on with the standalone!

That is what we are all waiting for... standalone.

Keep up the great work and good luck guys!

I'm not there, I can't tell what you guys are doing but I am just saying that the mod should be just left for us to play on meanwhile you guys are getting on with the standalone!

The Mod is being developed by the community and is indipendent from standalone development-wise. So Rocket and his dev team is doing standalone and community is working on the mod. And yes the mod will continue to be improved/worked on even after the release of standalone.

Edited by Zarniwoop
  • Like 2

The devs haven't really been involved with the mod development at all since it was handed over to the community some six months ago (other then approving patches before they are released) Their sole focus is on the standalone.

Edited by smasht_AU
  • Like 3

The devs haven't really been involved with the mod development at all since it was handed over to the community some six months ago (other then approving patches before they are released) Their sole focus is on the standalone.

Any clues on if the dev team is going to do some sort of teaser trailer or commercial trailer for the release to try and get some publicity? If not, they should consider it. I think something like that for DayZ would be incredible.

I dont see the point of the mod being developed if the standalone is coming out some time soon!

I dont see the point of the mod being developed if the standalone is coming out some time soon!

I don't see why you wouldn't want the community to continue developing it? As has already been explained the dev team haven't been involved at all with the mod for a long time, it's a community project.

The mod allows diversity. Not to mention that not everyone will get the standalone. The mod satisfies everyone in the long run. Those who wish to upgrade may do so. Those who wish to continue playing what they have are able to do so.

I just hope that a date for release isnt given. I just wanna log on one day and read "GET ON STEAM NAO!"

• Like 1

He's at Everest as we speak (as far as I know).

Now I haven't played DayZ in a while.. life got in the way. But one thing I'm really glad about is the fact that there is no official release date. I hate to sound clich

[ Removed - Clicking on the "recent post" does not get you to the last page... ]

Edited by Ironhuge

>tfw I'm looking at my Steam friendlist and I see two well known DayZ forum moderators playing DayZ SA... fml.

Edited by Guisho

Well, Sheeeiiit. But i guess more time to work on it, the better it'll be!

Only time will tell...

What do you know about( my wife)DayZ ?

post-136775-0-10357400-1367521502_thumb.

• Like 3

Does anyone have any info on this?

Will we be able to host DayZ Standalone on our dedicated servers right from the start in June (of whenever SA is released), or will we have to rent a virtual server from a company??

(I am not refering to a private hive, merely hosting the dayz server on a dedicated box connecting to the main dayz public hive)

Do any mods have some info on this please? Its a big concern for some of us.

Just make it a good game, no matter about time. Fed up with the rush jobs and the day 1 patches

Nope not yet. Soz.

No worries mate thanks for replying :)

Nervous time for communities with dedicated servers tbh. We'll want to host Standalone as soon as its released, but hope we dont have to pay a commercial host for it as the price for a couple of servers will be the same cost as our dedicated box :o

Cheers!

• Like 1

Yeh, sorry, I know that doesn't help :/ .

• Like 1

Yeh, sorry, I know that doesn't help :/ .

hehe its ok. If you find out any info though please report back :D

• Like 1

I hate when members troll me, it makes me so mad *shakes fist*

I read this with a Dr zoidberg voice.

I dont mind waiting to june or later. They should take the time they need.