226 members have voted

1. 1. Why do you shoot unarmed players?

• I do not
    • I really don't care if he's unarmed or not, I shoot everyone I see
    • I'm a douchebag
    • I'm a bandit, I play my role
    • Bambi killa 4life
    • Other reason (Post comment)

Shooting players that cannot protect themselves is pathetic and weak and that is my opinion.

Let me hear why you people do it!

• Like 4

Shooting players that cannot protect themselves is pathetic and weak and that is my opinion

DayZ needs more people like you and I. Not sure if you're a hero, but I pat you on the back regardless.

Edited by TheBambiAvenger
  • Like 4

I'm a douchebag and other reason:

Sport.

Once you get a few AS50's stockpiled and shooting zombies/goats gets boring. Fresh spawn are fun to watch. I usually miss the first shot so they try to sneak around (Keep in mind I'm yet to find someone who actually completely stays out of my sights after they hide from the first shot), then I take the out once they have a zombie train going. Zombies get hungry too right?

• Like 2

kill ppl is just for sport, kill an un-armed guy is like kill and animal on a cage

What counts as unarmed? I've had people throw cans my way before. That shit can be deadly...

• Like 8

Inventory is full of ammo, need to get rid of the damn stuff.

• Like 3

I don't normally shoot unarmed players but if there is the chance they will get a weapon and negatively affect me any time soon I will shoot them.

It's too mich of a risk if you leave another player in a town with weapon spawns, you really don't know if they will play nice

I usually give people a chance to drop their weapon, but if they don't answer I kill them.

Rules of DayZ:

No Hacking.

If it moves, Shoot it

If it breaths, Shoot it

Is that a tree? No problem. Shoot it.

Is there a guy in the field with a ghille? I don't know. Shoot the entire field.

Car? Shoot it

Heli? Shoot it

Also, no hacking.

Those are the official DayZ rules. So we shoot unarmed bambis only to follow the rules

Edited by Oath3
  • Like 5

DayZ needs more people like you and I. Not sure if you're a hero, but I pat you on the back regardless.

Not on my server. It's loaded with too many nice people so I've got to bandit because the amount of piece is boring.

I love DayZ bandit logic.

'I've got an AS50, ghillie suit, enough food to last months, enough water for just as long, enough ammunition to destroy a small nation, NVG's, range finder, a silenced M4 in my massive backpack.

I shot that unarmed new spawn because I felt threatened or because he might take gear I need.'

Personally, I don't shoot unarmed survivors.

Unarmed bandits though...

Edited by Xianyu
  • Like 1

I don't kill unarmed players. However some situations warrant it such as defending a heli or while my mates and I a running an op. Otherwise I always try to talk with the locals. Who knows, you may gain an ally.

• Like 1

When I first started the game, I must admit that I did do it but to be honest, I needed the practice at shooting as I was hopeless.

Now I have got to grips with the game and it's mechanics, I don't shoot people with nothing or just a hatchet. I even go as far as to help them now by chatting to them and shooting the sneaky murdering bandit who is tailing them :)

I say, "Hi, are you friendlly?" If he say's yes, I lodge an axe in his god damn head because he's a fucking liar.

• Like 6

i love you butthat.

i dont shoot new spawns until they pick up a long gun then they get a m40 to the face

i shoot depending on the situation, my mood and if the guy is doing anything i don't like or has anything i want.

if your hatchet looks better then mine... tough luck.

• Like 1