rocket

Hotfix Build 1.7.1.2 Rolling Update

Server crashing caused by massive amounts of "ammo" for the new melee weapons being instantly generated by players picking up/dropping the melee weapons. Some servers are able to stay up longer if few players are doing this. This is at least one confirmed cause of the instability, there may be another. Solution: DO NOT PICK UP OR DROP THE HATCHET OR CROWBAR

Thanks for working so hard to get things fixed Rocket - the new changes are exciting as well. Cheers.

Bug 1

Found A stack of hatchets and crowbars that looked exactly like shotgun shells... Couldn't put into inventory.

http://imgur.com/CSr9n

Edit: Attempting to add them into my inventory made them disappear!

Edit: Confirmed! The shotgun shells/ammo of crowbar and hatchet appears when dropping gear, regardless if you have a hatchet/crowbar or not!

Bug 2

Since before this patch....

When throwing a flare/chemlight laying down, I go through the whole throwing animations but I throw nothing. Then without pressing anything my character moves to crouch and tosses the flare/chemlight.

(haven't tried frag, smoke, cans or bottles)

Bug3?

When Picking up a weapon all other ammo is dropped in either primary weapon slots or secondary weapon slots if the weapon is not owned... and even if you have the space for the new weapon and its associated ammo!

Server crashing caused by massive amounts of "ammo" for the new melee weapons being instantly generated by players picking up/dropping the melee weapons. Some servers are able to stay up longer if few players are doing this. This is at least one confirmed cause of the instability' date=' there may be another. Solution: DO NOT PICK UP OR DROP THE HATCHET OR CROWBAR

[/quote']

Yeah that happen to me too.

Don't know wtf happened but just lost all my gear just trying to find a server that is up to date (they often have the correct version in the name but then you connect and hey it's not). Couldn't find a single server where I could see a damn thing that didn't kick me after 5 sec for some bogus battle eye script error and now I spawn somewhere on a beach again with nothing (not even basic gear).

I dearly hope this is a bug and not the connect restriction 'feature' because if it is please rethink it... Servers are shit atm, especially after a new release. If servers don't offer what they advertise yea I'm going to reconnect. Build in a check or something to see if you are server hopping for gear but I log in and after 5 sec log back out because the thing isn't working the way it should.

Hmmm, i thought melee weapons wouldnt be seen in this game untill arma3 considering there was no system for it in arma2 but HELL whatever, this is an amazing introduction to the game

Hmmm' date=' i thought melee weapons wouldnt be seen in this game untill arma3 considering there was no system for it in arma2 but HELL whatever, this is an amazing introduction to the game

[/quote']

Zombies melee, and there's other mods that have fairly decent melee implementation. Why would you think there's no system for it?

I'm digging the low spawn of food actually I think it could spawn a little more than it does now but I like how it makes you utilize the ability to hunt more and judge your distance as to where you can travel I hope it stays this way.

Regarding Melee weapons: from the look like as they work and act, they're a new or an formerly unused range weapon with a changed animation and model, greatly reduced bullet range and they consume ammunition, as you can see on the muzzle flash and the small cloud of dust that appears each time you swing.

Ammunition usage may be the reason why there's a lot of 'ammo' spawning when you drop a hatchet or any other weapon, since it's ArmA-specific that you drop all the ammo aswell when you drop a weapon.

The way melee weapons are implemented right now it's time to change the behaviour of ammunition and weapons when being dropped, or, mod that weapon used for melee in a way that it got a 1000 shot magazine which is refilling/recharging itself over time.

Or, revert it until a better solution is found. This may lead to quite some server cluttering.

Rocket' date=' are you a human being?

[/quote']

With the lack of sleep he gets I'd say he's solidly zombified.

not seeing any change in night lighting... its still a black screen w/some dots (stars) ... maybe the game is telling me to play during the day... lol

New bug: Server myself and friend was on crashed. Pretty normal tonight so wasn't worried. Server came back up and we both joined. He gets in game, but myself when I get to the "Receiving" message this pops up immediately afterwards, "You cannot connect to this server. This server is running the incorrect server side version. If you are the server admin contact the DayZ team."

Friend was in without any problems while I could not join any other server due to getting the same message on all of them.

I was switching out a weapon from my pack to primary and putting the other primary into my pack when the crash occurred.

is the massive fps drop going to be fixed with this one? 10 fps on almost every server that is running 1.7.1.1/2 hotfix.

can we stop adding new content that breaks the game more and focus on fixing what is already broken? this game is in alpha bla bla bla.... but for god sake's rocket, this is a HOTFIX. Your not FIXING anything by adding new content and breaking it even more.

BOTTOM LINE: If you want to add content, make a new patch (1.7.2)

Server crashing caused by massive amounts of "ammo" for the new melee weapons being instantly generated by players picking up/dropping the melee weapons. Some servers are able to stay up longer if few players are doing this. This is at least one confirmed cause of the instability' date=' there may be another. Solution: DO NOT PICK UP OR DROP THE HATCHET OR CROWBAR

[/quote']

it's not that simple. it seems when you drop many things, you drop your melee "ammo". this includes buggy items that cause you to drop ammo when you pick them up. I haven't even seen a hatchet or crowbar, but somehow I dropped some "ammo" for them

can we stop adding new content that breaks the game more and focus on fixing what is already broken? this game is in alpha bla bla bla.... but for god sake's rocket' date=' this is a HOTFIX. Your not FIXING anything by adding new content and breaking it even more.

BOTTOM LINE: If you want to add content, make a new patch (1.7.2)

[/quote']

It's a good thing you're not in charge mate

* [FIXED] Generic Loot not spawning (such as food etc...)

Although this is needed, I think having food and drink be sparse really adds to the survival aspect of the game and forces people into towns and imo makes them more likely to cooperate.

With the old food and drink spawns survival was too easy.