rocket

Hotfix Build 1.7.1.2 Rolling Update

i can see the gang territory knife fights now...

*Cue michael jackson music*

The Carebears win. lulz.

WARNING: Servers are crashing with 1.7.1.2 due to this bug:

http://www.dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=15438

Ammo is turning into Hatchets and Crowbars which look like Shells but do nothing. This is crashing servers within minutes. Possibly an item spawn id mix-up.

Photo evidence courtesy of ATOJAR:

http://i.imgur.com/gVk4M.jpg

Servers should probably roll back until 1.7.1.3

every server i try i keep getting a "this server is running an incorrect version of the server side application. you can not play this server."

Upon spawning i was showing as owning one bandage & one box of pain killers but no hatchet or crowbar, After i picked up this revolver i noticed loads of bags appeared on the floor so i checked it out! ... Here's what i saw.

http://i.imgur.com/gVk4M.jpg

My friend and I loaded into a server' date=' pitch black. We didn’t have any flares, chem-lights, flashlights.

Luckily I was in the forest so I gathered wood and made a camp fire. We made a trail of campfires to a nearby town and fought off zombies we ran into while we pierced the darkness to light another fire.

40 minutes of running back to get more wood and maintaining our trail we managed to make our way to the supermarket and find some flares.

Without a doubt the most difficult thing I have had to deal with in game lol. I’m just glad that nobody happened to see our highway of campfires and come end our adventure.

It was a fun experience, one I wish to never have to repeat.

[/quote']

How were you gathering wood? lucky enough to just find it? Currently you can not harvest wood anymore.

Ah, man. I was really looking forward to trying this out. Hopefully the crashing issue gets sorted soon.

On the plus side, my FPS seemed solid again.

How were you gathering wood? lucky enough to just find it? Currently you can not harvest wood anymore.

Sure you can.

1. You find a hatchet that actually is a hatchet (Hint: It looks like a hatchet on the ground)

2. You pick it up, it ends up in the primary slot, looking like a hatchet, and dangling at your side as a 3D model

3. You run into a forest, pick a tree, go in front of it, open the inventory, right-click the hatchet and pick the option

Maybe make hatchet = handgun spot

Crow bar = rifle spot

Make hatchet's reach half of what crow bar is?

I do think a weapon melee should take one of the gun locations.

Melee = choice of player play style.

If melee is being seen as ammo maybe the ammo value for crow bar and hatchet weapons could represent uses? Ie after a crowbar is used say 5-10 times it breaks.

By using ammo value as use/ durability then this will keep the melee weapon from being OP.

Melee is basically a silent weapon but there is cost to it like having it break.

This would mean you would need to have a smaller hatchet for wood collection or when you find it you cane choose for to be weapon or tool?

If you keep hatchet as weapon and plus a get wood tool' date=' solution for those who don't want to lose a gun weapon slot for hatchet-

At the locations where you see an Axe in tree stomp- player can scroll wheel over it and select chop wood. This would be like going to a water hole/well.

I am unsure how many of these axe in tree stop locations they are so this might make it to easy to gather wood?

[/quote']

Hell, I like all of these ideas. Except I would make it so you could maybe repair the hatchet somehow. Sharpen it to bring it back to full power. It could slowly degrade in its effectiveness, maybe 25% less ever 5-10 hits till it hits 0%? Sharpener would be destroyed after 1st use then you you have to find another sharpener.

Maybe too complex a system, i'm just thinking out loud here.

On second thought he might be able to lock everyone to the "Normal" HDR setting which is what currently turns on magic night vision (for me at least). Even with Gamma to max with HDR on "Normal" it is still pretty much pitch black terrain. At least it is this way on my GTX 570. Not sure about other cards.

This. I, as many others suggested this many weeks ago, but it did not get any attention from the devs, nor the forum users. Actually, now that i think about it, i think it was quite close to this when the arma: oa patch came that made nights darker. Again, would love to hear thoughts from the devs.

Dunno if this is a build problem or not, and I don't really care, I'm patient and all, but servers seem to be really unstable and crash after 15min at most, anyone else encountering this problem? I'm just curious as to what caused it, everything about the 1.7.1.2 build is fantastic though, seems spot on for what we needed.

My environmental sound isn't working, it was yesterday though. Could the new patch need to be put on the server I play on for it to run ok?

Can somebody explain to me why there are like 91209340297420734023729073420 hatchets spawning all the time?

If melee is being seen as ammo maybe the ammo value for crow bar and hatchet weapons could represent uses? Ie after a crowbar is used say 5-10 times it breaks.

Fraking good idea. It's pure realism! Anyways, melee weapons are too OP in a world of fireweapons and carebear hugging zombies.

On second thought he might be able to lock everyone to the "Normal" HDR setting which is what currently turns on magic night vision (for me at least). Even with Gamma to max with HDR on "Normal" it is still pretty much pitch black terrain. At least it is this way on my GTX 570. Not sure about other cards.

This. I' date=' as many others suggested this many weeks ago, but it did not get any attention from the devs, nor the forum users. Actually, now that i think about it, i think it was quite close to this when the arma: oa patch came that made nights darker. Again, would love to hear thoughts from the devs.

[/quote']

I missed that conversation. Glad to see others were talking about it though. How about it devs?

Dunno if this is a build problem or not' date=' and I don't really care, I'm patient and all, but servers seem to be really unstable and crash after 15min at most, anyone else encountering this problem? I'm just curious as to what caused it, everything about the 1.7.1.2 build is fantastic though, seems spot on for what we needed.

[/quote']

I played on 1 server right at the beginning that was stable for over 30 min. But since then (4 different servers in a row) I keep getting "No message received in ** seconds" error message and then i get disconnected. Yea, it happens right around the 15 min mark.

OMG yes melee weapons! i have a question is there anyway that the blood amount could be doubled? Seriously you get shot once in the arm and your dead lol

Screw guns im gonna run up and down the coast breaking faces with the first melee weapon I see...

I mean... i'll be... trying... to survive.. the longest.. and not.. grief all .. day...

Seems to be darker? I don't know. Its definitely REALLY dark on all the servers I could log on to though.

Also getting a lot of the "wrong build go update to 1.7.1.1 you have 1.7.1.2" on servers that claim to be 1.7.1.2, dunno what thats all about.

The reason for server crashes is apparently the glitch that spawns a TON of hatchets and crowbars that have the model of shotgun shells and disappear when picked up. At least, that's what I heard.

Bugs

------------

Big piles of Crowbar/Hatchet "ammo" spawning when Primary gun is placed on the ground.

Debug forest spawning is happening more frequently. (My buddy was put in the forest with NO gear)

Some of my blood was not saved from eating food (Maybe this is because servers being abused?)

Comments

-------------

FPS = HUGE IMPROVEMENT = THANK GOD FOR THIS (Was getting impatient, was going to buy new hardware )

I noticed a slight difference in the visibility at night.

I have not used a melee weapon to kill but great job rolling out this addition.

I kind of like the idea of having the axe take up alot of slots but, 10 is way to much. What about having melee weapons take up Secondary/Handgun slots? This would be perfect IMO.

Seems to be darker? I don't know. Its definitely REALLY dark on all the servers I could log on to though.

Also getting a lot of the "wrong build go update to 1.7.1.1 you have 1.7.1.2" on servers that claim to be 1.7.1.2' date=' dunno what thats all about.

[/quote']

This I am also having that same error when trying to join any server claiming to be 1.7.1.2... everyone is reverting I guess?

All the Australian severs ive been in have crashed after about 15 mins, apparently its when you drop a melee. Needs to be fixed soon im getting withdrawals! hahaha