rocket

Hotfix Build 1.7.1.2 Rolling Update

MELEE IS UNDER POWERED.

YOU ARE FOREWARNED.

It also does not appear to even work since you cant swing it

You have to "reload" it. Once you do you get 100,000 "hacks", until you have to reload it again. I'm guessing since there's no melee in arma he had to make it work like a gun.

Also while it is extremely buggy (what with spawning 20+ hatchets and crowbars and only being able to pick it up by swapping out your primary and randomly using your binoculars) I was able to kill a guy with it in two hacks (I warned him over direct comm to leave first, I had all my gear on the ground and didn't wanna risk it)

I've got my 1.7.0 folder backed up still.. but I can't wait until the recent updates are more stable.. loading up 1.7.1.2 now..

I'm just happy that I'm still pretty new, so when I die, I only lose a few hours worth of gear..

If anything, I'm training myself for after the alpha phase is over with.. ;)

edit: So I tried loading up a server, hud wasn't working, problem with weapons cfg, no zombies and I couldn't throw flares..

Same issue I had since 1.7.1

But I didn't get stuck at the black loading screen of doom, so that's good. :)

Lol. Good job Rocket. I enjoy everything done so far.

Smoother, Night is night once again <3, Zombie's 'see' (annoying bugger's, they still need some oomph somewhere... not more dmg not speed.... idk) Server's load like LIGHTNING. Like the new Sounds, the anims, I can use skins again, finding vehicles left and right, and kits. Excellent. Excellent. Excellent. So glad to be a tester =)

Donate Bar Please?

I need to give you my Money.

Thank you very much for your hard work...we notice and love you guys for it!

Don't mean to be rude but test your updates before you release them bro...

This IS the test, asshat!

Does anyone not realize we are the testers? With updates coming out so frequently this is more than expected.

Clearly no one understands what an alpha is.

I've seen huge improvements including

-FPS increase

-General responsiveness increase

-Better balance of zombies and concealment

-Loot drop is working better

-Joining servers is almost instant now (used to take 15 minutes just weeks ago)

A ton of you are just being dicks' date=' but if you think about where we were a few weeks ago, you would think again before being douchebags.

The only problem I've encountered so far is the hatchet spawning 30 times when dropping/picking up a new weapon

[/quote']

+1. that is all

This.

I hope there is a rollback on the player database... this is a mess for players whom are losing gear... Please do a rollback...

Hello, I love the new addition to the mod although I encountered a pretty funny bug. When I hit every other Zombie with my Hatchet, they fly way, way, WAY up into the sky. It's awesome but, well, just not right.

people need to stop being so fucking attached to there gear, its in alpha and your testing its reliability ahahah, stop playing it like its the real deal yet, just look for bugs so we can get more updates faster.

people need to stop being so fucking attached to there gear' date=' its in alpha and your testing its reliability ahahah, stop playing it like its the real deal yet, just look for bugs so we can get more updates faster.

[/quote']

The correct term is, look for bugs and provide accurate feedback so the development team can locate, evaluate and fix the issues in a timely fashion based on priority, impact to user and ability to reproduce.

'Oh no my shit is broken' is not proper steps to reproduce :)

Yes. I've worked in Software QA for a couple years

people need to stop being so fucking attached to there gear' date=' its in alpha and your testing its reliability ahahah, stop playing it like its the real deal yet, just look for bugs so we can get more updates faster.

[/quote']

That's not the point, I'm sure you wouldn't be saying that if you lost your gear for an unexpected and unknown reason....

Especially if you actually have stuff...

Getting a battleeye kick for weapons.pbo or something on every server I join then get kicked to server list. I can't play.

Also I hear the Gamma trick is currently working with this patch.

Don't mean to be rude but that's our job. It's an alpha and hotfixes just released.. we test them. He doesn't make releases for gameplay in an ALPHA. They're implemented so we can test them.. if you don't understand that, then wait until Beta.

[/quote']

That's not the point, I'm sure you wouldn't be saying that if you lost your gear for an unexpected and unknown reason....

Especially if you actually have stuff...

I lose my gear all the time for said reason. it's called some turd shoots first, ask questions later.

Don't mean to be rude but WE ARE the testers bro...

Picking up weapons spawns 20+ crowbars and hatchets and neither one actually works. They also apparently take up the main weapon spot. This is stuff that would be obvious with about 5 minutes of testing.

Who cares.. the goal isn't to please you. He makes changes, they tested what they felt necessary at the time and leave the rest of the testing to us. People need to unclench.

Cows also go flying when you hack them in the face. Which makes me think of Monty Python And The Holy Grail.