jona (DayZ)

AA-12 in dayz?

AA-12 for dayz?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. AA-12 or Saiga 12 in dayz for a auto shotgun

You don't want an AA-12 but you want a Saiga pretty much the same, Saiga just got more recoil and it's made in Russia. Other than that they are both the same. Meaning, both are stupid.

I don't want the AA-12 because it doesn't make much sense to have it in game. AA-12 is still in the experimental phase of sorts, Saiga12 has been in use for a while and has actually been issued to armies and a few police forces. I can go down to my local gunstore and ask for a Saiga 12 (admitedly a sport model) and get one, I ask for an AA-12 and the Clerk is probably gonna look at me funny and say something like, "State and Federal Law prohibit the sale of fully automatic weapons blahblahblah." that or "We don't got none of thous." depending on who's behind the counter.

• Like 1

Stupid? Maybe, you either hate it or you love it. I can without a doubt say that it would demolish your collection of my little pony to dust faster than you could blink.

I don't collect figurines, I'm here for the show. :lol:

I don't see the point in the AA-12... it's cool and all, but I don't understand where it fits into a modern military situation. Shotguns in Iraq were used for breaching doors, clearing houses and firing beanbag rounds to disperse crowds. The AA-12 is bulky, heavy and most likely slow-handling, and it probably isn't as reliable as a Mossberg or Benelli when using special ammunition.

Atchisson was working on this design since the 70s, and it still hasn't caught on with... anyone at all! The same thing happened with one of the other three well-known full-auto shotguns, the Pancor Jackhammer.

On the other hand, some sources say the USAS-12 sold well in Asia...

All of the above doesn't even matter to me - I don't want to see it in the game because barely any AA-12s have been produced. AKMs, M16s, even M14s, those have all been produced in the millions... AA-12s... no.

You don't want an AA-12 but you want a Saiga pretty much the same, Saiga just got more recoil and it's made in Russia. Other than that they are both the same. Meaning, both are stupid.

Difference is that Saiga's are actually quite common, both in the US and in Russia!

I want a minigun, firing shotgun shells and a troll that would shoulder the 23000 rounds that I would need for my less then two minute burst :-P

Oh wait i forgot one, how could I be so foolish.

Active Camouflage. CoD has that in singleplayer so it must be real!

The AA-12 is a real weapon... Idk why you compare non-existent things to something that does exist.

I vote yes, some fail to realize that the weapon could be adjusted to be less OP.

Plus, if you are going by things being OP, well... I don't think OP exists in DayZ unless you are talking something like Thermal scoping.

It is realistic, and I would love to see many many more weapons added to the SA.

• Like 1

I don't see the point in the AA-12... it's cool and all, but I don't understand where it fits into a modern military situation. Shotguns in Iraq were used for breaching doors, clearing houses and firing beanbag rounds to disperse crowds. The AA-12 is bulky, heavy and most likely slow-handling, and it probably isn't as reliable as a Mossberg or Benelli when using special ammunition.

Atchisson was working on this design since the 70s, and it still hasn't caught on with... anyone at all! The same thing happened with one of the other three well-known full-auto shotguns, the Pancor Jackhammer.

All of the above doesn't even matter to me - I don't want to see it in the game because barely any AA-12s have been produced. AKMs, M16s, even M14s, those have all been produced in the millions... AA-12s... no.

Difference is that Saiga's are actually quite common, both in the US and in Russia!

The AA-12 is quite light, easy to take apart, and a death machine.

I can be used for door breaching, Riot control, and clearing buildings from the outside or inside. It has little to no recoil, can be taken apart in seconds, and is extremely durable.

The uses are endless.

This is coming from someone that has handled one at the range before. A semi-auto version though, no full auto :(

While the AA-12 would be a neat weapon to add in DayZ, it just doesn't fit the whole post-Soviet theme that Chernarus exhibits.

The AA-12 is quite light, easy to take apart, and a death machine.

I can be used for door breaching, Riot control, and clearing buildings from the outside or inside. It has little to no recoil, can be taken apart in seconds, and is extremely durable.

The uses are endless.

This is coming from someone that has handled one at the range before. A semi-auto version though, no full auto :(

Haven't handled one, but 16+ pounds loaded seems more "elephant rifle" than "shotgun"... if it was a common weapon I wouldn't care if it was stuck into the game, but it's not... at all. I'm positive no one actually uses it for police work or military duties either.

I could give you one point it should exist in DayZ. AA-12 do exists in real life so after an zombie invasion everything goes to shit. Do you think that the warehouses with AA-12s woul be untouched? Just saying.

I'd like the gun in the game for 2 reasons. 1 it would be fun to kill zombies with, 2 I want alot of weapons in the game. That because I like to collect stuff in DayZ, that's my playstyle. Afterawhile you have found everything and you can't do anything else than stock up on ammo, food, drinks, medicin and kill zombies. I don't kill other players so keep collecting weapons is a tons of fun for me. So yeah I'd like to see much more weapons in the game, some easier to find than others and some not just extremely rare but EXTREMELY rare to find. So rare that you know it's there but it just wont spawn anywhere, it gets on your fucking nerves, you wanna take the game and shove it up someones ass because that last rifle wont be found! That's what I like, :D

Would this gun be OK too?

FingCrazyOpmodRiflef7.jpg

Edited by TIC321
  • Like 1

A semi-auto version though, no full auto :(

Is full auto even legal for civilians? Edited by Man vs Wild

As long as buckshot can travel 200m without great disadvantages it should be left out, in case they balance the round a bit i say yes because in the end ammo will be scarce and only idiots shoot fullauto when every round should count. I'm saying 200m because that's the current state of the shotgun pellets in game.

I've used the gun in ArmA 2 and it sucked. I'd rather use an 870.

Yes, because a SHOTGUN is unbalanced...

I mean, it's not like we have a 10-round, clip-fed, semi-automatic rifle capable of killing someone with a single shot from ranges out to 800 metres with perfect accuracy and two minutes of practise.

But a military shotgun? FUCK NO. THAT SHIT'S UNBALANCED BRO.

What the FUCK are you all smoking?

It would be an anti-zombie weapon AT BEST.

And if you're going to scream 'balance', HURR AS50. NOT BALANCED.

DMR. 20 round mag. Doesn't kill you in one shot, but one shot puts you on the deck, unconscious.

FAL does pretty much the same. They all have decent amounts of rounds in their mags.

I'm not saying I want it in the game, but fuck me. Arguing 'balance' in the current state of the mod is a JOKE.

Bro, no one wants the AS50 or the AA-12. Your point is invalid.

The AA-12 is a real weapon... Idk why you compare non-existent things to something that does exist.

I vote yes, some fail to realize that the weapon could be adjusted to be less OP.

Plus, if you are going by things being OP, well... I don't think OP exists in DayZ unless you are talking something like Thermal scoping.

It is realistic, and I would love to see many many more weapons added to the SA.

I was a joke man!! I am not comparing a AA-12 to active camo! Thats like comparing Apples to Machine Guns!!

The AA-12 is a novelty weapon that would never in a million years be found in Chernarus. Why do people want all these tacti-cool weapons. All the 1337 snipers and shotgunners

I played Domination on Arma2 a couple of days ago, and a guy got into my chopper with an AA-12.

I judged him. I judged him good.

This gun is very over powered. If it was to be brought into the game it would need to be one of the most rare guns in DayZ.

So the M107 isn't over powered at all? A gun that isn't even meant to be used on personal at all? It's an anti-vehicle weapon.

But it's in DayZ :P

An Auto-Shotgun should be added :P Our Military uses it, and this game has a lot of military guns.

• Like 2

An Auto-Shotgun should be added :P Our Military uses it, and this game has a lot of military guns.

Ya... I'm not convinced the military uses it at all.

“There’s no U.S. interest in the gun at all. No sales. I’ve got people interested from abroad, but the U.S. military is blind to the AA-12′s obvious advantages. They’re brain dead.”

That's a quote from the guy who makes the damn things. I don't want to have highly unusual and rare weapons in the game. It makes no sense to have this thing in Chernarus.

If we include the AA-12, we may as well include the XM8 series as well, or an OICW, or even one of those flechette firing ACR prototypes. This is supposed to be a realistic game, and that... thing... doesn't belong in it.

/done

• Like 1

Is full auto even legal for civilians?

Yes, depending on the state and how much money you have to throw at it. Transfer fees, special stamps, and taxes will all be levied.

Also, the only way to legally purchase one is through a Class III FFL.

• Like 1