mattlightfoot

DayZ Developer Blog 8th March

Heeeey...nothing wrong with being an asshat!

The standalone 'asshat' bug did seem pretty cool, actually..

people whining about people whining on forum needs the fringe division. where is walter bishop ! maybe he is up everest looking for peter. oooh rockets going to everest :huh: this maybe why. see how it all falls into place :lol:

also maybe rockets trip to everest may yet not happen as its been very danagerous just recently from what i been reading.

I wonder when we'll have some news from the closed alpha testing. Is it still a capacity testing or have they implemented some gameplay element?

• Like 1

I wonder when we'll have some news from the closed alpha testing. Is it still a capacity testing or have they implemented some gameplay element?

There's gameplay elements there but it really is for testing purposes. It get's patched/updated several time a day while they implement/test different things so it's very playable but usually something or other is disabled whilst they focus on something else.

• Like 3

There's gameplay elements there but it really is for testing purposes. It get's patched/updated several time a day while they implement/test different things so it's very playable but usually something or other is disabled whilst they focus on something else.

at least some info.. ;) thanks...for you:

• Like 4

You know what would be great? Maybe there was no Devblog last week cuz they are putting the final touches on the foundalpha release so they can get it out before Rocket goes out of town till June.

also maybe rockets trip to everest may yet not happen as its been very danagerous just recently from what i been reading.

from what I was reading, april/mai is the safest time of the year.

Lets all bite out toe nails in suspense hoping that the SA is out by late next month at the very least.

Aww.. I was hoping that Monday would be the ticket.

Woo 200th post!

and Yea me too but that didn't do much, Rocket is coming to the US i heard on Tuesday or wednesday maybe he will do it on the way here? Who knows.

Possibly before but definitely after. A feather in his mountaineering hat would be a release from the top of Everest,

DayZ released from the the top of the highest point on Earth,,that would get some crazy ass coverage.

• Like 3

Possibly before but definitely after. A feather in his mountaineering hat would be a release from the top of Everest,

DayZ released from the the top of the highest point on Earth,,that would get some crazy ass coverage.

Why did i not see this before...............

I hope he leaves a box with a USB stick containing a key on the top.

• Like 6

All you guys are wrong. Everyone knows that April 12th of every third year from when Chester Worthington was given his Atari 2600 is the best time to release a game. Luckily, that's coming up!

• Like 3

aaaand he still has that little rock called Everest to climb... question is, SA before or after?? Bets anyone?

My bet is on after the trip. And I actually would prefer it so. I am sure that Rocket has given all his ideas to the team. First testing is done. Rather than rushing the game's release date and risking a buggy release, Rocket could climb Everest and let the team polish the content that's currently available and focus on a smooth integration. Rocket could have a clear mind, climbin Everest and when he returns, see how far his team has come. Contrary to that, he releases the game prior to his Everest trip. A reload bug occurs where when you have 1 bullet left in your mag and simply disconnect from the server and reconnect again, you get a full mag back. A shitstrom breaks lose and 24 hours prior to going to Everest, a hotfix is launched which causes another game crash. The stress to fullfill the expectations is mind-blowing and not good for a project such as Everest.

• Like 2

Guys...this sounds crazy, but what if...the "Everest" that he refers to all the time is actually Dayz Sa? Like as if it is a mountain for him he has to conquer, overcome all challenges and do it in time?

-Uber funny photo-

So, are you actually saying that the crew that is going to climb with Rocket are UberH4x0rDup3rs?

I just want to see SA released in the moment that rocket is on top of everest lol

Edited by Henryllex~