mattlightfoot

DayZ Developer Blog 8th March

You do realize how silly this sounds? The whole team of developers (this is not a hobby project anymore, RIGHT?) can not find time to do one update a week? At work I can create a KB on a complicated issue in 30 minutes how hard is it to write a page of progress update and throw a couple of screenshots in? They must have the worst time management skills in the world.

There is also the possibility that there really isn't anything to show, or at least nothing that's in a good enough state to show off. Looking at some of the reactions from the last devblog they might just want to finish stuff more before showing it of.

• Like 3

Hello there

this is an interesting aspect. I think the guys are very busy indeed and perhaps have nothing to show than we can *see* (ie optimisations/meetings etc).

But it doesn't take long to jot down a quick forum/twitter/facebook/friendface post to the the masses know that there's nothing to reveal or the blog will be late etc.

As the masses are somewhat expecting the blogs on a regular basis, mistakenly or not, a quick post would smooth the way.

Rgds

LoK

Edited by orlok
spelling
  • Like 1

Hello there

this is an interesting aspect. I think the guys are very busy indeed and perhaps have nothing to show than we can *see* (ie optimisations/meetings etc).

But it doesn't take long to jot down a quick forum/twitter/facebook/friendface post to the the masses know that there's nothing to reveal or the blog will be late etc.

As the masses are somewhat expecting the blogs on a regular basis, mistakenly or not, a quick post would smooth the way.

Rgds

LoK

Surely someone from the mod team that's involved in testing could relay this to the Rocket though no?

The Rocket is a busy man. I think everyone just needs to chill their beans.

The Rocket is a busy man. I think everyone just needs to chill their beans.

I thought you gonna say "chill your tits" cause I did, they are super chilled.

If anyone's tits are particularly warm, feel free to chill those too. I won't judge.

• Like 1

If anyone's tits are particularly warm, feel free to chill those too. I won't judge.

I am lucky, I only needed to rub one ice cub over my nipples and that was it

• Like 1

Surely someone from the mod team that's involved in testing could relay this to the Rocket though no?

Some of us chat to the devs frequently, I'm not sure about anyone else but I'm definately not gonna start telling them how to do things. They know the feedback for the last devblog was shit, they also know people are always clamouring for more info and get upset if there isn't a devblog on Friday. They also have a game to build and it's up to them to prioritise how they see fit.

As is always the case, we just need to chill out and when they have some news we will get it.

Edited by Fraggle

They know the feedback for the last devblog was shit,

Really? there are ignorant DIY game developers out there who can do a better job? Well as I always say, "if you don't like it, feck off and do it yourself"

Ungreatful gimps.

Rocket owes them nothing, deal with it.

To be fair, he did 'announce' the devblog this week. And it seemed like it was going to be an interesting one, too.

I agree, and as always it'd be really nice to have one but oh well, we just have roll with the punches.

I agree, and as always it'd be really nice to have one but oh well, we just have roll with the punches.

I have no prob if there isn't one, but a simple im busy no devblog would take about 10s to post on twitter lol.

• Like 1

I have no prob if there isn't one, but a simple im busy no devblog would take about 10s to post on twitter lol.

Yup, I agree.

I feel compelled to post a sarcastic and mocking post right about now. It's the only thing missing when you compare the last few pages of this thread to the cryfest from a month back when everyone felt entitled to a devblog but didn't get one. I better not though.

Even a "We're busy,we're working hard" tweet would give people something else to complain about, as proven in the past.

rocket

Really? there are ignorant DIY game developers out there who can do a better job? Well as I always say, "if you don't like it, feck off and do it yourself"

Ungreatful gimps.

Rocket owes them nothing, deal with it.

calm down... i acknowledge the slowly growing criticism and do understand it in some way, but i can live with it simply ;).

of course he ows nothing to no one but this time he wants to sell a game and it is all about marketing-strategies and proper communication. and yes he can say "i don't give a sh.." but i don't know if bohemia then would like that...

i understand both sides: the "bitterly unhappy" going-to-be-costumer and the "stressed-out-burden-of-a-whole game-genre-on-his-shoulders" game developer

Rocket should promise to never release another devblog. Then do it anyway. Problem solved.

Then everyone would complain that he broke his promise and should be working on the standalone.

• Like 6

Then everyone would complain that he broke his promise and should be working on the standalone.

Hey, without people complaining what am I going to complain about! It's all win win for me.

• Like 1

Hey, without people complaining what am I going to complain about! It's all win win for me.

You could complain about the lack of people complaining which isn't allowing you to complain.

It seems to follow the logic of the whiners, I guess.

• Like 2

so whos stoked for next weeks dev blog?

• Like 2

They must have the worst time management skills in the world.

You clearly never followed seven years of CloD development..or Duke..or Warz..or or or ;) Its a huge list and the DayZ guys don't even get a sniff at being on it.

• Like 3

Steven Seagal is amused with all of this bitchin' about DevBlogs

steven-seagal-lolpics.jpg

How long did Duke Nukem take? 10 years or so wasn't it? Kind of puts things in perspective.

How long did Duke Nukem take? 10 years or so wasn't it? Kind of puts things in perspective.

14 and it was terrible. I liked DN3D more believe it or not.