mattlightfoot

DayZ Developer Blog 8th March

IN a perfect world, the next devblog will be a skillfully edited combination of Rocket filming the inside of a lens-cap and Matt filming the inside of his pocket on his phone.

If they let me direct it there would be a good thirty seconds or so at the beginning of the video of Rocket talking without any audio.

• Like 5

Looking at the camera and making stupid faces perfect for our favourite thread.

I'd tell him to be super serious and act like he's explaining the most groundbreaking change ever. :D

• Like 1

Depends how well they manage the whole thing. It wouldn't surprise me if it all goes horribly wrong for a day or two though. Having said that BIS underestimated the demand for Arma 3 alpha which gave them some issues but they got on top of it pretty quickly and hopefully learned something from it.

It's a cert really...The amount of people that are going to bum-rush this game when it is released will be like a virtual tsunami composed entirely of nerds with murderous intentions...

How does anyone prepare for such a thing? haha

just an FYI its "for all intents and purposes"

why is he going to Everest now and not after the game is out? just another example of the dev team seaming like they just don't give a F&^%$#.. and before you flame me about how they are working so hard IN MY DAY dev teams were known to be locked away in a small building for months never to come out until the game was done.

Seriously though, go die on Everest AFTER my game is here.

NAW, JK best of luck.

lol

going to everest does seem odd though right in the heart of the production of his love child.couldnt sem more worsely timed or maybe it is timed who knows ?

does no one else think this?

i am jealous of him going to everest though :P

lol

going to everest does seem odd though right in the heart of the production of his love child.couldnt sem more worsely timed or maybe it is timed who knows ?

i am jealous of him going to everest though :P

maybe a chance of a lifetime?

i guess the team can do their work also without that seemingly despotic guy :P

Edited by joe_mcentire
  • Like 1

you guys need to RELAX. He is going MTN climbing for research.

How many threads did we have about wanting a snowy region?

Well now that he is finally doing research you complain, poor guy can't win...

People are starting to get impatient lol

I think Rocket deserves a break tbh

Its been non stop for the guy ever since the mod

Its not like development will suddenly stop lol

you guys need to RELAX. He is going MTN climbing for research.

How many threads did we have about wanting a snowy region?

Well now that he is finally doing research you complain, poor guy can't win...

Research?

I dont think climbing everest is the best way to research snow tbh :D. Or the safest :P

Edited by nicefish
  • Like 1

He's had it planned since even before SA was announced/confirmed.

IIRC it's literally part of his contract with BI.

It's not like he's dropping development just to spite folks. :P

EDIT: "more worsely" ?

Edited by Chabowski

Research?

I dont think climbing everest is the best way to research snow tbh :D. Or the safest :P

Ohh my god, when I see people who don't understand the simplest of humor, I cringe until I go into coma.

• Like 1

looks amazing guys cant wait to get in and enjoy it.

defiantly worth buying a new rig for!

• Like 2

Twitter update :

Coming in the next devblog we discuss crafting, health/medical system, and why the server/client architecture is taking so damn long!

And :

Also, Ryan Seacrest has been confirmed as devblog presenter, to replace that guy with the terrible kiwi accent...

Also :

George Lucas will be releasing remastered version of the previous devblogs, way they were supposed to be. Wit Matt replaced by Velociraptors

price of standalone now confirmed at $135832.23

• Like 7

All i can say is

• Finally my poo has a purpose (lol...well if they "DO" the fingerprint idea which I would love)
  • Finally vaulting over something can be done quickly and actually fits in with the whole "running for your life" as I know i wouldn't go as slow as the characters do when they vault over the smallest of things.
  • The hotkeys seem like a good idea but i didn't get to really see how they worked
  • Yay for clothing and actually looking different (I mean obviously i'll probably run into people who wear the same stuff but it will at least be less now)
  • Much better improvement in terms of making a city actually looking like a city.

I actually think these new zombies will be the most annoying enemy in any game ever.

Good. They are kind of meant to be.

Ohh my god, when I see people who don't understand the simplest of humor, I cringe until I go into coma.

jesus, did you even read my post

Please do and then comment again.

You really think i was being serious?

i swear everyone on this forum speaks like this

Edited by nicefish
  • Like 2

I don't know if anybody here has ever participated in Alpha or Beta testing, but I believe not many have. Especially in Alpha testing, it's not really fun. What usually happens is small portions of a game are opened up for testers so that the focus lies on specific things, for example: see how much performance a system gets when a certain number of players is active. A next task could be as simple as: We loaded beans into car trunks and into cabinets, please, all testers, check out if there are any glitches when picking items up. Or let everybody run through a city and see if there are any problems with your FPS.

By no means are Alphas at a stage where you can get a signficant picture on what's going to happen in the game. It's more like a giant puzzle from which single pieces are shown and tested. You need to first make the frame in order to complete the picture.

The problem with releasing Alpha footage is that people usually will think this would be final (which is not, much can and will change until final release, in ANY game) and come up with conclusions like: "Oh jeez, they are ONLY at THIS stage so far?". It could be that the game's production stage is much much much further than the footage shown in the devblogs make you believe. It's just not yet put together to complete the picture. So I suggest everybody to calm down.

Having said that, soon it's friday again and hopefully we will be poked with another devblog. I don't mind if it's a video or a text with screenies. What I am most interested in to see is the new inventory system (so far I think DayZ's current inventory system is better than Arma3's, probably because I am more used to it) and hopefully some more info on how diseases are influencing players, or even better: how the standalone will try to promote players cooperating with each other, rather than fighting against each other.

I am looking forward to the new devblog, no need to mention, the game itself!

• Like 1

i kinda have a question

are we gonna have a debug to see the kiil counts we have?

or when ur about to play u see ur character stats on bandits , civilian kills? that would be great :|

Twitter update :

And :

Also :

Sounds good to me. A bit upset about the high costs for the standalone thoug as I will have to work some overtime to be able to afford it. Hopefully this will keep the CoD kiddies out though.

i kinda have a question

are we gonna have a debug to see the kiil counts we have?

or when ur about to play u see ur character stats on bandits , civilian kills? that would be great :|

I'd love to be able to have a huge amount of stats for you to see. However, I would NEVER EVER support the idea to have these silly ingame achievements in a game like this!

I'd love to be able to have a huge amount of stats for you to see. However, I would NEVER EVER support the idea to have these silly ingame achievements in a game like this!

actually i just want 3 stats

how many civilians u killed

how many bandits u killed

and how many zombies u killed since ur first 1 day ~~~to like 500