Sign in to follow this  
roykingtree

Too much pvp not enough survival

For me the biggest thing lacking is the fact that we cant clear areas for a long period of time. I know the SA is going to try to fix this by implementing a set zombie count on server restart, but it's kind of annoying that we will have to kill the same zombies again on next server 8 hr. restart. Instead, let's say that there were a set amount of zombies (like 20k) that was reset monthly, but every time a player dies the player spawns like 100 zombies on the map (all scattered around). This would introduce a sort of consequence for killing fellow players.

• Like 4

no need in making another thread. read some of the Q&A's of Matt and Dean and you will see they are working on it ;). moreover it wil be a question of balancing things out. so don't worry about that right now

Edited by joe_mcentire

Yeah I mean like wtf, I go to a smaller village, clear it of zombies and there we go again, Wave 2, shit ton of zombies appear behind me and start killin' -.-

I wanna know why there're a dozen zombies in an area with like 2 houses and one doghouse...

• Like 2

Yesterday on my server some guys and I were at NWAF, killed 4 zombies, next thing you know, 20 appeared. Killed them, 70 appeared. The more we killed, the more came for us. Eventually we said fuck it, grabbed an osprey, and booked it out of there.

I wanna know why there're a dozen zombies in an area with like 2 houses and one doghouse...

..and on the other side a massive load of ppl want roaming hordes of zombies.

Never, ever try to shoot an M14 AIM or DMR at the NWAF. I wanted to shoot my way out of the small tight barrack, next thing you know I get 100+ zombie kills Jesus Christ -.-.... And not to mention a buttload of them appeared later.

Never, ever try to shoot an M14 AIM or DMR at the NWAF. I wanted to shoot my way out of the small tight barrack, next thing you know I get 100+ zombie kills Jesus Christ -.-.... And not to mention a buttload of them appeared later.

yea southern barracks is a death trap lol

Go into a barracks with an AK and shoot 1 bullet. Prepare to go through every mag you have and have to resort to axe to man combat.

I agree, i want more crafting, more survival less zombies (or leave it as it is now in 1.7.6.1.) and lots less PVP.

I hate it when i loose 2 hours of looting and searching simply because some worthless imbecil had to kill me to please his sick needs.

I dont have all day to play you know? And once you die its a long way back to what you were doing.

Or make it posible to select our spawn when we die. So i can spawn back to my corpse and continue.

• Like 3

I agree, i want more crafting, more survival less zombies (or leave it as it is now in 1.7.6.1.) and lots less PVP.

I hate it when i loose 2 hours of looting and searching simply because some worthless imbecil had to kill me to please his sick needs.

I dont have all day to play you know? And once you die its a long way back to what you were doing.

Or make it posible to select our spawn when we die. So i can spawn back to my corpse and continue.

right!

• Like 1

What part of survival isn't compatible with "surviving the remains of mankind" ?

I do get tired of people calling names those who kill them. What makes you think you're so superior dammit.

Refusing to fight back doesn't make you better than your bully, it makes you a human carpet.

For me the biggest thing lacking is the fact that we cant clear areas for a long period of time. I know the SA is going to try to fix this by implementing a set zombie count on server restart, but it's kind of annoying that we will have to kill the same zombies again on next server 8 hr. restart. Instead, let's say that there were a set amount of zombies (like 20k) that was reset monthly, but every time a player dies the player spawns like 100 zombies on the map (all scattered around). This would introduce a sort of consequence for killing fellow players.

The people in this thread are whats destroying DayZ. They don't want to learn and adapt to the gameplay, they want it dumbed down to their level. All I'm seeing here is whining about having less zombies and less pvp so what your left with is loot hoarders and tree huggers singing in the woods with the animals.

No thanks!

• Like 1

The people in this thread are whats destroying DayZ. They don't want to learn and adapt to the gameplay, they want it dumbed down to their level. All I'm seeing here is whining about having less zombies and less pvp so what your left with is loot hoarders and tree huggers singing in the woods with the animals.

No thanks!

I don't even think we have tree huggers... But yeah, the modern gamer consider that everything that doesn't please him is a bug.

I think they should make a "I win" button that you guys can press and feel better about yourselves, because clearly, that's what you're looking for.

I do like the idea. I don't like it because it'll get rid of PvP, but it would just be kinda cool to feel like you did something when you killed a lot of zombies, you know?

• Like 3

Like in "The Walking Dead"... zombies are roaming around. A small place ( like Hershels farm) could be flooded and overun by them but a whole village could be relative safe.....not easy to simulate in a game though.

accept it. DayZ is a deathmatch game in a zombie apokalypse theme. Or whats the purpose of AS50/M107? to kill zeds? ^^

accept it. DayZ is a deathmatch game in a zombie apokalypse theme. Or whats the purpose of AS50/M107? to kill zeds? ^^

It's not a deathmatch, but your experience may vary.

No thanks!

I think if you read my solution you'd realize it's not dumbing anything down, in fact it's increasing the chance of death-by-zombie.

I don't agree. DayZ is all about struggle (ie...struggle against players, environment). Being killed by a bandit and all the shit that follows is part of DayZ and must stay that way. Rather I would like to see a new mechanic to zombie spawning to make it feel more player directed.

Actually, it's an Anti-Materiel-Weapon, designed to be used on vehicles, in contrast to anti-personel-weapons, designed to kill people.

But in general it should be categorized with rocket-launchers, rather than sniper-rifles. That you can use these rifles with a backpack, something you can't in arma 2, makes them even more interesting for players to use.

Imagine if you couldn't use a backpack using Anti-Materiel-Weapons or LMGs, like you can't in arma. I don't think they would stay as popular. Especially if you reduced the spawnrates for their ammo to something more realistic. Having 10 bullets for AS50 on a server makes it difficult to go on daily kill-sprees with it, but still make it a vital tool to get down enemy helicopters or to stop an URAL approaching your base.

I don't agree. DayZ is all about struggle (ie...struggle against players, environment). Being killed by a bandit and all the shit that follows is part of DayZ and must stay that way. Rather I would like to see a new mechanic to zombie spawning to make it feel more player directed.

Those are not bandits, those a players confusing DayZ with a big fragfest.

Actually, it's an Anti-Materiel-Weapon, designed to be used on vehicles, in contrast to anti-personel-weapons, designed to kill people.

But in general it should be categorized with rocket-launchers, rather than sniper-rifles. That you can use these rifles with a backpack, something you can't in arma 2, makes them even more interesting for players to use.

Imagine if you couldn't use a backpack using Anti-Materiel-Weapons or LMGs, like you can't in arma. I don't think they would stay as popular. Especially if you reduced the spawnrates for their ammo to something more realistic. Having 10 bullets for AS50 on a server makes it difficult to go on daily kill-sprees with it, but still make it a vital tool to get down enemy helicopters or to stop an URAL approaching your base.

I only read enemy player, enemies, enemy vehicles...looks like Zeds really are just a side dish.