Sign in to follow this  
Raged

Do we deserve a devblog update this week?

Does anyone else feel like maybe this week we shouldn't get one?

The incident that occurred was obviously blown out of proportion, and even when Rocket told us to stop we kept on clubbing the baby seals.

I was looking forward to one today/tomorrow morning, but part of me feels like we aren't entitled to one this week. Let alone entitled to anything from the dev team ever.

Thoughts?

• Like 7

people are a bunch of babies. they act as if this mod is theirs.

• Like 1

No because of how people reacted we do not deserve one, we created more trouble for rocket therefore in my opinion do not deserve one.

• Like 6

No because of how people reacted we do not deserve one, we created more trouble for rocket therefore in my opinion do not deserve one.

What have we done?,

I've something about something of why something have been removed ingame.. but i'm not aware of what and why?.. What is going on?

Edited by Minamo

Hey someone throw us a bone and link what were all talking about..

What have we done?,

I've something about something of why something have been removed ingame.. but i'm not aware of what and why?.. What is going on?

Hey someone throw us a bone and link what were all talking about..

As much as I wanted to resist feeding the flame, I'm referring to http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/125793-the-notorious-can-incident/

We've been bad puppies.

The only devblog update I want to see is some standalone food. Like Whiney-O's, or Immersion Crumble.

• Like 12

Deserve one? Erm, he's probably pleased as punch (still) that he has as many people as he does that are passionate about his alpha mod.

You make the dev team sound like my wife...

Sure as hell hope theres one this week, love those.

Simply put, no. After all, the majority of us yelled, fought and bashed each other over tin cans (Lol). That sucks because there were some who actually tried to keep things calm and reasonable.

Ravioligate was just nature. I mean, I thought it was silly, but I can also admit that the cans did look a little overdone. I think the people who freaked out were the kind of people entertained by freaking out, and the rest of us who are chill are just as numerous. People disagree, but props to the dev team for being responsive to the community. It's not an entirely bad thing to throw the whinging outrage artists a bone now and again.

Edited by Blomquist23

Well I don't think they sat there and said, "spoilt little cry babies, I'll be buggered if I'm putting out that frigging update (we spent hours preparing) now. Let them stew"

Lol

No, bad seals don't deserve devblog updates.

Does anyone else feel like maybe this week we shouldn't get one?

The incident that occurred was obviously blown out of proportion, and even when Rocket told us to stop we kept on clubbing the baby seals.

I was looking forward to one today/tomorrow morning, but part of me feels like we aren't entitled to one this week. Let alone entitled to anything from the dev team ever.

Thoughts?

Stop being such a drama queen, you don't deserve anything but a boot to a face if you cry so much

Us gamers, so entitled, huh.

Without gamers, the companies churning out games would have no one to buy their shit. Stop using the dirty word 'entitlement' within gaming.

I'd be completely surprised if Rocket's reasoning for not putting out a dev blog was because of this can ordeal, because it's extremely easy for everyone to say "well hold on, I don't have to buy your game, cya".

Edited by AussieStig

Answer: No

Not because of what happened this week. But because we don't deserve anything, we're privileged to receive devblog updates. If the devs don't have anything new to say, then why should they bother. If they do, what would community drama have to do with the dev blog.

• Like 1

We all know forums for games are packed with raging hormonal kids, discussions will get out of hand frequently

• Like 1

What about those of us who kept our heads down when the flaming started? don't we deserve one? :( aha..

Ravioligate was just nature. I mean, I thought it was silly, but I can also admit that the cans did look a little overdone. I think the people who freaked out were the kind of people entertained by freaking out, and the rest of us who are chill are just as numerous. People disagree, but props to the dev team for being responsive to the community. It's not an entirely bad thing to throw the whinging outrage artists a bone now and again.

true.

the survey showed, that about 25% disliked the cans, 20% loved them and the rest was somewhere between.

I do not think that the cans actually where the problem. As I see it it was more of a "what the fuck are those cans" -> " how dare you criticize the cans" -> "i can criticize what I want" -> "no you have stupid ideas" -> "no you have stupid ideas" -> "no you have stupid ideas" -> "no you have stupid ideas"........

it was a trigger, but I think the overall "my opinion is better than yours" view that's very very common in this community nowadays did the rest all by itself. People usually have a hard time sticking to one topic so they change over time.

• Like 1

true.

the survey showed, that about 25% disliked the cans, 20% loved them and the rest was somewhere between.

I do not think that the cans actually where the problem. As I see it it was more of a "what the fuck are those cans" -> " how dare you criticize the cans" -> "i can criticize what I want" -> "no you have stupid ideas" -> "no you have stupid ideas" -> "no you have stupid ideas" -> "no you have stupid ideas"........

it was a trigger, but I think the overall "my opinion is better than yours" view that's very very common in this community nowadays did the rest all by itself. People usually have a hard time sticking to one topic so they change over time.

The cans were a hot topic. With all due respect to the moderators, they don't really have a hard job. It's easy to turn up to a forum, close a few threads, respond to a few reports/messages, and ban a few people. I've done it on more than one occasion. They don't really add anything to the communtiy, so I don't see why they should have their names plastered where others that have done a whole shitload more than them, don't get to have their names.

I thank the mods for keep the forum clean and tidy, but any more than that would be disrespectful to people who've put large amounts of time and effort into dayz, such as porting maps, creating huge communities, and making software to make the game much easier to use (playwithsix/dayzcommander).

I said a few days ago that it didn't really bother me, and I stand by that statement. If they kept them in, I wouldn't care, but if I had no choice but to pick a side, it'd be taking them back out again.

Anyway, back on topic.

Edited by AussieStig

The can debacle was a complete and utter disappointment. The people that were up in arms about Devs/Mods that deserve the recognition; albeit a small token; was asinine to say the least. With the shitstorm that surrounded the whole childish ordeal, I wouldn't be surprised if we don't get a an update on the SA until it's released.

Yes, I truly believe after what happened this week the community needs a good kick in the ass!

The can debacle was a complete and utter disappointment. The people that were up in arms about Devs/Mods that deserve the recognition; albeit a small token; was asinine to say the least. With the shitstorm that surrounded the whole childish ordeal, I wouldn't be surprised if we don't get a an update on the SA until it's released.

Yes, I truly believe after what happened this week the community needs a good kick in the ass!

OH BOY we really don't deserve information for the game that WE ARE PAYING FOR. This is just getting ridiculous. I can't comprehend how any of you think that information we get about the game we are paying for, is somehow a privilege. The gaming industry isn't some kind of thing that was designed solely to please people, it was designed to make money. In order to make money, you need to market your game. ie. giving out information through blogs and video's. Being an ass and not giving out information earns you nothing but debt as a dev.

I'm not saying we should be screaming "GIVE US INFO ROCKET, OR I WON'T BUY YOUR GAME", but we don't owe the devs anything but a bit of respect, and some patience. After all, we don't have an obligation to buy their game.

Edited by AussieStig
  • Like 1