haywardgb

Friendly PVP Server with AI Bandits and Trading Zone.

lol @ the two lads above hell bent on destruction an death.

Taken from a line in the first post in thread "We encourage people to help each other, rather than kill on sight. PVP is permitted, but all we ask is that you don't kill unarmed players or fresh spawns and more importantly, please be a good sport and don't play dirty!"

Ran in two a shizz load of this last night, after spending about an hour killing AI bandits and looting the NEAF. Four of us decided to move back to camp and log for the night, Now the camp is about 3k+ away from the field and we were in cars. As we approached camp in car, we got grenade launched all dead. Not 100% exactly what the dude was doing out at the camp as its in the middle of nowere. Respawned in Electra to see the 2 admins get took down with an LMG in the chopper. went over to have a look steathly to get tracked almost to the spot and get mowed down with an LMG myself, being only spawned had nothing. wasnt much fun as we all seemed to be dying were ever we went, lol. Just logged for the night. Might have been a hacker but I couldnt confirm this as the server seemed to reboot shortly after the Heli went down.

I really think theres enough craic in just the AI bandits without everyone else turning mental and killing all round them. As last night seemed more like a TDM than a survival game if Im honest. The unfortunate thing is as death mesages don't show and you don't know who it is your meeting with the mentallity of above it just turns into a kill on sight attitude. I don't mind this iether but I have been trying to play this server as a friendly and don't really want to go back to my bad ways.

Anyway thanks to the player last night that played dirty enjoy your loot! It must be great camping in a tree all night waiting for a team to return lol.

We were hacked last night, my son phoned me and I got online as quick as possible. The server has been rolled back to before the hack, the hacker was identified and banned. I turned the white list back on and will only be allowing white listed members on from now on. Meanwhile, if there's anything I can do to make up your loss, let me know. Need anything in your inventory ? Help with rebuilding your camp, just say.

Thank you for your support and for being a cool player, we could do with more like you.

Edited by urbanskaters

Oh, thats okay as long as he's not abusing admin powers. (is he an admin?)

Well, we will hunt him and his mates down - again. :rolleyes:

Thx for side chat! :thumbsup:

Oh, thats okay as long as he's not abusing admin powers. (is he an admin?)

Well, we will hunt him and his mates down - again. :rolleyes:

Thx for side chat! :thumbsup:

If he does abuse admin powers, i'll deal with him! He's got the admin loadout, which we all have as admins and that's just a perk of being admin (I'm not going to lie or pretend we don't have perks). However, you guys did do a number on him and his mates, so you can't blame him for wanting revenge. Like I said if you suspect he's cheating, let me know and I'll look into it as I would for all my admins. But hey, if you go looking for a fight again, you will get one, my son is nothing like me.... he's the complete opposite, so it's your funeral lol ;)

Ok. But chances are pretty low to catch a thief from someones base.

-Da Mule

edit.

I'm pretty good at tracking players through the server logs and our admin map software records your paths visually (most of the time) ;)

I killed 4 of them on my own and ran out of ammo. :D So I think I make it happen again.

I don't blame him neither take his thrist for revenge personally.

I don't know if he abused some powers. I will never tell someone a cheater until i have some hard proof.

It was just a little weird, that he was there right after a restart and killed chuck while spawning in. That's all I can say.

Edited by Flaschenkind

I killed 4 of them on my own and ran out of ammo. :D So I think I make it happen again.

I don't blame him neither take his thrist for revenge personally.

I don't know if he abused some powers. I will never tell someone a cheater until i have some hard proof.

It was just a little weird, that he was there right after a restart and killed chuck while spawning in. That's all I can say.

I can say without any doubt that he nor any of my other admins have access to teleport tools or the server database to edit worldspaces etc (we had one admin that did at one time use hacking tools, but he no longer has access let alone admin rank). I check the map regularly and my son hadn't TP'd , he spawned in at that spot and from what I can see, he didn't kill a fresh spawn your mate had moved some distance before he engaged him.

I'll keep an eye on him and if I catch him doing anything but playing fairly, I'll remove his admin privileges.

OK, because my mate told me that he just had the black screen and spawned in already dead. Well, no big deal at all. Most likely just an interesting coincidence. There was also Chaz in the woods nearby, made a big mistake by shooting his rifle at something. He had to start over..:P

OK, because my mate told me that he just had the black screen and spawned in already dead. Well, no big deal at all. Most likely just an interesting coincidence. There was also Chaz in the woods nearby, made a big mistake by shooting his rifle at something. He had to start over.. :P

Black screen after logging in is a known DayzCode bug.. As for logging in dead, if that's the case, then how can my son have killed him? lol ..

It was a hacker badass I switched TS to check with the 487 lads ,we got mortared :( although I wouldn't mind knowing if a NPC or player stole both of cars yesterday,however I hope we have found a solution to NPC's taking them.

Flaschenkind what is your ingame name? A few guys I asked to try out the server was killed and I'm sure they just spawned in.

It was a hacker badass I switched TS to check with the 487 lads ,we got mortared :( although I wouldn't mind knowing if a NPC or player stole both of cars yesterday,however I hope we have found a solution to NPC's taking them.

Flaschenkind what is your ingame name? A few guys I asked to try out the server was killed and I'm sure they just spawned in.

A solution to stop them taking your vehicles was suggested by another player earlier in-game. They suggested that removing a wheel and putting it in your car stops them driving off with it. That way if it is gone when you log back in, you'll know for sure whether a NPC or a Player took it!

Again as for players logging in and dying, that's a known issue with dayzcode. So far it's not happened to me , so i can't say first hand. Meanwhile though I did remove the hero skin to prevent most of the bugs associated with that, everything else is just out of my hands :(

• Like 1

kk, I was told to save my word for the forums.

Admins spawn atm with: CCO SD with 10+ mags, Coyote Backpack, M9SD, Ghillie Suit, GPS,NVGs, Rangefinder and the usual stuff.

On the other hand, one of you guys said about the missing side chat that it's "not very realistic". It's on now, but still you can't complain about missing realism and start with, quote, "custom loadout" like this. A starting(!) loadout like this gives you a pretty good advantage over every other player. You do not care about dying and stuff with gear like this. Except for Hayward the other admins are currently pretty pissed and told me to "shut up" concering these problems, maybe due to the PvP attitude -CFF- has atm.

Some,maybe, small things, currently kills the fun for us . Very, very sad.

Edited by Flaschenkind

kk, I was told to save my word for the forums.

Admins spawn atm with: CCO SD with 10+ mags, Coyote Backpack, M9SD, Ghillie Suit, GPS,NVGs, Rangefinder and the usual stuff.

On the other hand, one of you guys said about the missing side chat that it's "not very realistic". It's on now, but still you can't complain about missing realism and start with, quote, "custom loadout" like this. A starting(!) loadout like this gives you a pretty good advantage over every other player. You do not care about dying and stuff with gear like this. Except for Hayward the other admins are currently pretty pissed and told me to "shut up" concering these problems, maybe due to the PvP attitude -CFF- has atm.

Some,maybe, small things, currently kills the fun for us . Very, very sad.

You're beginning to test my patience , this will be the last time I entertain this subject.

Firstly, let it go. You and your buddy thought you'd try and kill some players on my server, who then chose to get their own back. They didn't cheat, only my son has admin loadout , not the other guys , so what's your excuse for them? Better graphics card than you, maybe?

The admins are entitled to a decent loadout, not all of us use that privilege btw, but it's there if we want it (it's not like they have AS50's or Satchel Charges etc). It spoils your fun how? What , you can't get that lol kill you so clearly enjoy. Yes, I've seen your youtube videos, absolutely pathetic. Try that shit on my server and you'll be banned before you can hit the stop button. Don't come on here pretending to be the "hard done by fair player" with me , when you do shit like that to other peoples servers. Talk to me about fair? Pull the other one mate, it's got bells on.

On other servers admins walk around with AS50's, God Mode, ESP and all that other "UNFAIR" stuff.. On my server I absolutely forbid it and like I said before, I've actually already banned an admin for cheating like that. So enough with the bitching already, if you don't like it, go find another server.

Btw, it was me who told you to shut up.

Sorry, but after reading your rants in sidechat for the past hour and now this, I'm feeling a little PVP-ragd myself!!

Edited by urbanskaters
  • Like 2

For anyone reading this and wondering, wtf! I just want to add that we have zero issues with other players, apart from the ones we kick for cheating or breaking rules. I'm a really friendly guy and always willing to do what I can for people on my server. I've gone out of my way to add stuff just because one person wanted it. So don't be put off by this previous couple of posts. Come and say hi to me on teamspeak.

I have to agree it is a good server and hayward has helped me out a bit.Many thanks.

WesleySNIPES great name btw nearly all the posts you made are moaning and I can't see the reason why tbh,

I'm personally not that bothered about which admin or whatever their loadout is tbh end of the day they pay big money to run the server so unless you have donated to help you can't really say anything,if you have donated why not just talk to the admin about it whilst you was on ts?.

If the admin was in constant PVP action then yes I would be pissed off but that is not the case,there are plenty of AI bandits to kill without haven't to worry about human pvp's.

You also failed to say that when you shot chaz you yourself got killed,chaz was helping a fresh spawn btw that I told to try the server on his first spawn.

• Like 2

if its the death i think it was, i was practising with a acog scope which i not used b4, my own fault for making so much noise :s

Was having a loving time with my 15 bandit kills and 5 days alive till we was bombing down the berezino to solnichniy road to run into a group of bandits opening fire on us like some kinda of mafia movie, I cried a little afterward lol

I'm now planing my attack :D

Really pleased to hear people are enjoying the AI bandits and there were a few admins from other servers popping in over the last few days commenting on how great the server was. Unique, awesome and one of a kind are some of the statements they've made after trying out my server. But let me just say that for me, the best part is having so many really cool players using it, I can't thank you all enough for just enjoying all my hard work and devotion to DayZ ;)

So without further delay, let me tell you what's new:

REMOVED: NO FOG and NO OVERCAST (i.e they are turned back on). I'm keeping full moon nights though, it helps new players see at night!

UPDATED: On the subject of FOG , I've increased the maximum fog density from 0.8 to 1 (which means it could go from hazy to pee soup without warning). I've turned the rain down a little, so you shouldn't experience much lag when it rains from now on.

ADDED: New menu system with rules and contact details, plus a little fun time boogie (to cancel dance moves, press the salute button)

ADDED: Player Identification (with the debug monitor on, you can now see the names of people you point your cursor at upto 40 meters)

ADDED: A few surprises around the map. Nothing major, just some atmospherics , maybe you'll experience them, maybe you wont ..!

UPDATED: Increased the number of zeds slightly, still not the maximum amount, but it appears to be just enough for the majority of players.

REGULAR: Instead of the usual Hunger Games event we are now going to be running a "Silent Hill" theme every weekend. Running from about 2pm Saturday until 8pm Sudany (GMT, London time). Very foggy, very silent hill and as a word of warning, you might want to leave your helicopter at base! This event will not effect your existing loadouts, base loot etc... and there'll be no database rollbacks afterwards, so it's fun as usual , but with a silent hill theme to it.. did I mention it's like Silent Hill?

Edited by urbanskaters
  • Like 2

Was having a loving time with my 15 bandit kills and 5 days alive till we was bombing down the berezino to solnichniy road to run into a group of bandits opening fire on us like some kinda of mafia movie, I cried a little afterward lol

I'm now planing my attack :D

I had the pleasure the other day of watching a player in NE airfield get pinned down in the barracks by 5 bandit AI's. I was watching him from the hill with my range finders. I honestly thought he was going to get nailed, but he managed to get them all, took him about 45 minutes but it was the best DayZ movie I'd watched in ages.... lol! Wasn't you by any chance was it ? :)

• Like 1

Yes it was me :D Took so long to see them and for some reason you can only shoot out of some not all the windows in the barracks,in the end I had to shoot out of the door pecking out slowly,hoping that I don't get one shotted.

Had to be one of my best day's on Dayz,it scared the crap out of me.

Badass was at the other end of the barracks and couldn't see them(i think he was too scared :D)

• Like 2

1fia6r.jpg

Silent Hill themed weekend... Starts Saturday, until 8pm Sunday evening (GMT, London time)

Don't expect to see pyramid head or much beyond creepy atmospheric effects. Our budget is limited and I'm just not that talented :P

I'll give you this one bit of advice though.. If you hear the sirens, run for your life, keep running and don't look back...

See you there this weekend, and as always you'll need to be white listed.. See the first post for details...

Edited by urbanskaters

Ideas for safe bases:

I've given the safe base idea some serious thought over this week and I've come up with two suggestions I'd like to hear your feedback on..

1. Instead of teleporting unauthorized players away from the base when they try to enter, I'd like to recommend that their presence simply be broadcast to everyone on the server (i.e something like "Playername: I'm entering the Admin base") and logged in the servers report file, so if anything is stolen or destroyed, we know who to chase up about it.

2. Or we simply log their presence to the servers report log without the global message.

I'd like to see base owners actively defending their bases instead of just hiding behind the force fields. The rule about stealing and griefing bases for the sheer hell of it will still apply and anyone found breaking this rule will be banned.

This change would also apply to the admin base as well. No special treatment for us ;)

What are your thoughts?

Edited by urbanskaters

Bodies despawning too fast!

We are aware of this issue but can't seem pinpoint the cause right now. I'll do my best to have this fixed by the end of next week :(

Edited by urbanskaters