haywardgb

Friendly PVP Server with AI Bandits and Trading Zone.

nah, it's possible kill them. They don't hit you every time, just keep moving. And the Arma 2 AI isn't very clever, at all. :)

Most of the time these AI Bandits are slowly moving across the map in formation, so quite easy to spot these guys.

Question to Admin: I can't access the server right now. Did I miss something?

Edited by Flaschenkind

They are pretty bad shots from a distance, but if they get you close enough its bye bye...

Playing in this server has made dayZ a whole new game to me. Nice group of friedly players willing to co-operete and a chilling atmosphere where you have to be alert all the time.

-P-

AI Bandits? That would be horrible.. They would wreck anyone they saw.. AIs are deadly accurate

No more accurate or deadly than regular bandit players. I've survived 2 days so far, and that's with being ambushed, having my heli stolen by AI's and a firefight between snipers and bandits with me in the middle.. A lot more interesting gameplay than any other server I've been on to date :)

Question to Admin: I can't access the server right now. Did I miss something?

You managed to get on in the end right ?

I think it's down to internet issues and BE playing up sometimes.

Hello its me john smith the ip for my server 5.63.147.180:3034 the event is where you and my squad will hold devils castle against another squad much bigger than mine the event is tomorrow the time from about 5pm gmt

Count on us John. I'll be there, and I'll let my crew know .. Can't promise they'll come though due to time differences!

Hello (again),

AI friendlys are not so friendly anymore. They shoot on sight and there are dozens of them... For example,

our visit to cherno hospital ended up in pure massacre, and it was imbossible to loot our bodies because of the AI.

It was fun though, but will be confusing if more human players join the server.

AI heli patrols seems to reduce the FPS, but not much. Normally driving through cherno i get 60FPS, now it was about 30-40 FPS whit 2 helis hovering above....

-P-

AI Survivors are now actually friendly, unless you engage them, at which point they will fight back and enforce. AI Bandits (obvious from their bandit skins) are and always will be unfriendly, I'm not bothered if actual "player bandits" get mistaken for AI bandits. They chose their path, now they must walk it, actually they might want to run like hell ;)

The AI Heli patrols have been reduced in numbers to help with FPS but also because they have a habit of slamming into tall buildings and playing chicken with other helis.. We are still experimenting with the best settings here.

Edited by urbanskaters

Hello its me john smith the ip for my server 5.63.147.180:3034 the event is where you and my squad will hold devils castle against another squad much bigger than mine the event is tomorrow the time from about 5pm gmt

John, sorry but I just noticed this server runs rMod. I don't run that mod on my system anymore, so I'll give this session a miss if you don't mind. Sorry for the late notice, but I didn't see the server details until just now. I'll be out most of today, but if you're around after your event this evening I'll probably catch you on Unit487. Good luck for later btw.

I've just come across this thread and I'm thoroughly intrigued. All the extras sound like they would add a dimension to the game, for sure.

Unfortunately, I can't find the server. I use Play with SIX and searching neither by name (Unit487) nor by IP address brings it up. I've reset all the filters.

Am I doing something extremely stupid here?

I've just come across this thread and I'm thoroughly intrigued. All the extras sound like they would add a dimension to the game, for sure.

Unfortunately, I can't find the server. I use Play with SIX and searching neither by name (Unit487) nor by IP address brings it up. I've reset all the filters.

Hi,

here is the complete adress from dayZCommander:

DayZChernarus - (1.7.6.1/102591) [VETERAN CH:ON DM:OFF][GMT-3] Private Hive - tinyurl.com/DAYZ487 | Unit487 | DayZ.ST

IP: 5.63.147.44:3306

Other than that im not able to help, not familiar with Play with SIX.

Hope you found it, you wont be disappointed with this one!

-P-

Hi Maconnolly, you're not do anything stupid , I think it's the software. That's why I use dayz commander, I've always had issues with 6. I highly recommend dayz commander for its cleaner interface, better mod support and of course, you can find us ;) ... In dayz coammnder simply click Favourites and add our IP to the input box and you're away. Everything that Scavenger posted is what you need to find us.

Hi Maconnolly, you're not do anything stupid , I think it's the software. That's why I use dayz commander, I've always had issues with 6. I highly recommend dayz commander for its cleaner interface, better mod support and of course, you can find us ;) ... In dayz coammnder simply click Favourites and add our IP to the input box and you're away. Everything that Scavenger posted is what you need to find us.

Perfect, chaps - I did wonder whether it may just be Play with SIX vs. DayZ Commander.

I'll get Commander installed this evening and hopefully get some time on the server in.

Cheers to you both!

I died recently due to too much AI-fire. :D

So I realised that you guys implemented a HUGE starter-gear including:

GPS,Map, Lee Enfield (3mags incl), G17, Morphine,Blood Bag etc..

In my opinion, you should reconsider that.

A startup-gear like that is simply way too much. I really like the survivial aspect of DayZ, usually the first 30 minutes of scavening the basic stuff is one the best times in every virtual life. Esp. GPS is a very rare item and you don't need really that much on a server, where waypoints do work. But maybe death messages = ON?:D

Best regards

I died recently due to too much AI-fire. :D

So I realised that you guys implemented a HUGE starter-gear including:

GPS,Map, Lee Enfield (3mags incl), G17, Morphine,Blood Bag etc..

In my opinion, you should reconsider that.

A startup-gear like that is simply way too much. I really like the survivial aspect of DayZ, usually the first 30 minutes of scavening the basic stuff is one the best times in every virtual life. Esp. GPS is a very rare item and you don't need really that much on a server, where waypoints do work. But maybe death messages = ON? :D

Best regards

Hey Flaschenkind, if I got a nickle for everyone who had issues with the loadout or some other aspect of the server, then that would be everyone who's ever played on my server and I'd be a rich man right now. If I remove the Enfield, more people than not say its too hard, if I reduce the AI , more people than not say its too easy and they're getting bored. Then you've got the players who one minute want no gear at all, but the next groan and moan until you give them something similar to what it is now. I am toying with the idea of custom loadouts at the start, which players can choose from which will include everything from a survivors gear to bandit gear (nothing to ott). For now, I'd suggest you simply drop what you feel is too much at the start of the game, it isn't that difficult.

As for the GPS, that's to help admins locate players who are having issues with the AI (we are still tweaking things). It saves us having to spend ALL our time trying to locate someone that doesn't even know which town they are in let alone know how to use Waypoints (we have to think about the bambies as well) , and while admins could use the admin-map tool, I actually forbid it unless they suspect a player is cheating (so there's no other option for them right now). GPS will definitely be removed once things are working to our satisfaction again, but for now it will stay!

Death messages will never be turned on, this is kind of cheating in my opinion ( and I thought you liked your hardcore survival? :P ). It's more realistic if other players don't see "John just died" type messages, and also that you the bandit can't use that as a lazy-mans kill confirmation. You now need to confirm the kill yourself by waiting to see if they move, or by going to the area you killed them in and checking for a pulse. You can't have it both ways! I even wanted to turn sidechat off, to stop people talking to each other across miles of area that would be impossible to shout across in real life, but that had to be left on for hacker reporting by players, though it now just gets abused with taxi calls, clan gossip etc. We have teamspeak, but I rarely spend time in there either as I prefer to play without too much chatter. But like I said, we can't please everyone and that includes myself ;)

If enough people say they don't want the Lee Enfield and other gear, we'll reduce it to the majority vote. But in my opinion anything less than a Lee Enfield and bambies wont last more than 5 minutes against the AI's. The rest of us can either drop it, or use it in our pursuit for that illusive AS50 ;)

Update:

1. Due to bugs with the dayzcode and vehicle repairing. I will periodically repair and refuel ALL vehicles on the map. I'm not promising I'll do it every day and this will only be until they fix the bugs in the next release.

2. Hero's can now Blood Bag themselves. I thought this would be a good reward for all the players who have proven themselves cooperative and "mostly" friendly. Still toying with this idea, we might remove it or possibly even give it to all users who have been on the server for x-number of days, as a thank you. Again, undecided, open to comments on this.

3. New buildings have been placed along the South coast. A few extra supermarkets and a couple of extra hospitals. More to be added throughout the map shortly.

On a final note, we were hacked the other day and while trying to figure out what had gone wrong a user called "Owner" decided to throw some abuse my way, asking why I was concerned about some poxy vehicles when my server has AI's that kill players (I was actually asking when people noticed things went wrong, as I wasn't present at the time), he continued to call me an idiot and promptly got himself banned. I just want to remind our players that I work very hard to make sure the server is enjoyed by everyone, I stay up for hours and even days on end tweaking the scripts to try and please as many players as possible. I will gladly put aside my personal in-game time just to help other players out, often spending hours helping them get started in DayZ. We very rarely get hacked and when we do I like to be thorough on what happened, so that we might avoid that hack again in the future.

As a result of the abuse I take from time to time on my server I have now implemented a zero abuse policy. Anyone caught being abusive to each other, the admins or myself, will be banned. No discussion and no appeal. Personal arguments and disagreements are a different matter, we will continue to deal with those as we've always done. But for now please be aware that I'm taking no prisoners!!

Edited by urbanskaters
  • Like 4

Hello.

First of all, i like to play on your server. Nice additions and extras. Finally our squad have helicopters :)

And now to the matter on hands. Tried to join server 30mins ago and got kicked because i wasnt whitelisted. Could it be possible to get on the list, because some of the spare time i have, is usuallly in the morning before i go to work. And thats probably not the prime time of other players :)

Cheers!

[MERC]Da Mule Robba

Hello.

First of all, i like to play on your server. Nice additions and extras. Finally our squad have helicopters :)

And now to the matter on hands. Tried to join server 30mins ago and got kicked because i wasnt whitelisted. Could it be possible to get on the list, because some of the spare time i have, is usuallly in the morning before i go to work. And thats probably not the prime time of other players :)

Cheers!

[MERC]Da Mule Robba

Hey, sorry about the white list confusion. I thought I'd added most of your clan already. I noticed you had tried to login and added you then, but it seems that you're at work now probably. So again, apologies for that. I'll do what I can to add the rest of your clan as they try to login over the day.

How to apply for whitelist?

Join our teamspeak channel and speak to Hayward.

HUNGER GAMES event - Today (Saturday, 23rd March 2013) @ 2PM (GMT)

ORING MAP: Version 1.0.7 (Not 1.0.8)

The event is from 2pm until 10pm (sorry for the earlier typo)

You must be white listed before 11am to join as this is a private event for white listed members only.

So, what's it all about?

It's nothing serious, just an idea me and the admins had the other night. For one weekend only we are going to change to the ORING map , start players off in pairs (or solo, it's your choice) and give them nothing more than a map, a compass, survival kit and 2 hours to get yourself orientated, find a base and prepare for the hunt. There will be no killing for the first 2 hours, although you can kill zeds and animals if you wish. After the 2 hours is up, the admin will announce "Let the HUNGER GAMES BEGIN" or words to that effect and the player with the most kills by the end of the weekend wins a prize (see below). The competition runs until 10pm Sunday. Like I said, nothing too serious and don't expect a modded map with fancy effects, this is a vanilla install with basic admin scripts and no AI ;)

Rules and other Information:

• The game starts at 2pm sharp (London time) this Saturday: Late comers will not be granted access.
  • You can enter the competition as a solo survivor or as a pair (its your choice).
  • Side chat will be disabled for this event, so you'll need to sort out skype or other comms with your team mate.
  • You can type in global or direct chat to get the admins attention, in emergencies only.
  • NO killing other players until the Games Master (admin) gives everyone the all clear.
  • Killing anyone before the announcement will result in a 72 hour ban.
  • Cheating of any kind will result in a permanent ban.
  • The player with the most "player" kills at the end of the game (Saturday 10pm) wins.
  • The prize is 10 weapons of your choice plus 50 magazines of your choice.
  • No alternative prize options, take it or leave it :P
  • You must have a tent on our server for us to put the prize items in for you.
  • Admins may enter the competition, but the prize will go the most kills by a non-admin player.
  • You may not have an admin on your team (for obvious reasons).
  • Admins will not have access to anything more than basic RCON tool (this is my promise).
  • NO AI , Refuel scripts, tow scripts or edited loot spawns.. What you see , is what you get.
  • The map, in case you forgot already will be ORINGS (not to be confused with Origins, the mod)
  • The admins will not be able to answer any questions during the game. Please use common sense and reread these rules and information if you're unclear of anything.

We look forward to seeing you in ORING and may the best team win :)

Edited by urbanskaters

The ORING MAP event has been cancelled due to the serious bugs with the map. Sorry to everyone who came along , suffered from unexplained deaths, clipping through the floor, lagging in vehicles and having to relog every 5 minutes. I'll organise a similar event for next weekend, but on a different map.

Aye, but all around it was great fun with intense moments ...

Just the "stick in the floor when 3 Zeds crawling to me" feeling was a little too much ;-)

Nice event on a buggy map, we need more of these ...

Thanks for that!

Edited by BoMo

Really good server, runs smoothly, no lag, good amount of FPS, many new scripts allowing many more things to be done. This server is really a good server to join, the admins are really helpful, in game and stopping hackers / people who ruin the game. The owner, Hayward(in game name) is always adding new things, and will change some of them depending on what the people want to have done. (Mccac008)

Edited by mccac008
  • Like 1