r4z0r49

DayZ Mod 1.7.6.1 Hotfix

I would like to have a scoreboard about how long someone has survived. That is the point of this game. Not how many zombies you have killed.

Yes I agree with you. Wouldn't be hard to get to the top on that scoreboard though. Just go onto a server and log out, go back 3 months later.

The game is about to survive yes. But if this is the only reason why you think a scoreboard should exist, why don't they just remove the zombies and be done with it. Having a scoreboard is a nice feature as I said, it could keep track on what you say. How long you have survived, Zombie frags, and how many players you have killed.

After awhile of collecting items I find zombie kill counts is something that gives me an enjoyment and motivation to keep playing the game. Survive I can do, I got a camp with more food, water, weapons, ammo, medicin to be able to stay in the woods for a very long time. But that's not really fun now is it?

I just think that without the scoreboard we had, a little of my motivation of keep playing died abit. Still loves the game, just less enjoyment of killing zombies.

Also having a scoreboard showing your zombie kills could in some ways prove how long you have survive. Just as you can determine peoples progress on the map is going.

Say, you see someone with 11 zombie kills, that could(I'm saying could, not will) make it safer to be up north.

Has anyone had any issues after upgrading to 1.7.6.1 that their heli crash sites do not spawn any loot at all. We recently moved from 7.5.1 -> 7.6.1 and no longer get any loot spawns at the helicopter crash sites. Any information from other admins or server owners is appreciated. Thx

-Kat

after playing this I must say:

--- I drive with a bus through a town... - zombies run in front of me... - I drove through them and the zombies hurts me, while I was sitting in bus and driving! This is silly and not realistic!!!

edit: I suggest that you can make the option to stop your wound with toilet paper... so the toilet paper could be usefull...

--- annother thing is, that the sound of the weopons are too intense for the zombies... without a silenced weopon you can not survive

Edited by TiMEDANCE

Ok so may I ask what the hell you have done to the zombies in 1.7.6.1. I'm currently testing 1.7.6.1 on my own server and I can run, fire off weapons in the center of electro and not one zombie aggros or runs for me. Even when I do aggro one or two I can just run around a building and there gone. I try the same on our namalsk server which is running 1.7.5.1 and open a can of beans and every zombie in vorkuta coming running for me.

Can you please put the zombies back to 1.7.5.1 cause now there just a waste of time. Took me 15mins from fresh spawn to get fully geared on 1.7.6.1 thats just far too easy. Give us back the rampaging hoards please.

Just a suggestion, maybe add the big jerry can like the one in dayz orgins.

Same was daily, I just recorded it nightly.

You're right I run right past them all the time.

after playing this I must say:

--- I drive with a bus through a town... - zombies run in front of me... - I drove through them and the zombies hurts me, while I was sitting in bus and driving! This is silly and not realistic!!!

edit: I suggest that you can make the option to stop your wound with toilet paper... so the toilet paper could be usefull...

--- annother thing is, that the sound of the weopons are too intense for the zombies... without a silenced weopon you can not survive

What if you get shot? You can't stop a bullet wound from bleeding...

Is it just me or does the HiveExt.ini setting not working for a static date and static time? We've forced the date to the 1st July 2012 but only our setting of GMT-7 has been applied. Any ideas on how to fix this?

This update only proves that the dev team doesn't have a spine. They put something in the game, that didn't change or break anything, and instantly pander to people whom never had an argument in the first place.

You should feel bad that you backed down and allowed this to happen to supposedly "your game." You are putting it in the development in the hands of people who complain on the internet, but I'm sorry to inform you that they will always say that you're in the wrong. Stick to your core vision, quit caring about people who are just yelling to yell.

So if I understand what you are saying: You are on here complaining that the dev team is wrong to remove the new food items. The dev team should not give in to the people that come on here complaining to get their way and you are telling them it's wrong to do this... because there will always be someone on here telling the dev team they are wrong. That about sum it up?

Ok.

I just came here for the word 'hotfix'. Sounds kind of sexy.

But, yeah, thanks Devs, you do seem to get people worked up don't you.

Keep it up :thumbsup:

Can we at least know why you fucking removed them.

There has been a large amount of people clearly upset by the recent patch. As a community project, it can be hard to decide what goes into and update and what doesn't - in the spirit of the project we decided to try something we thought would be a nice "salute" to our forum mods.

It would be fair to say, that this has backfired. As is the normal process for dealing with any controversial changes to a community based project, we'll be reverting those changes and allowing a discussion to occur regarding going forward with them.

• Like 2

Why would those food items upset anyone? And why do the devs have to remove them? It's their Mod... they should be able to do what they want with it.

I still don't understand why they were so bad, were they game breaking? Did they ruin the game?

• Like 2

Also having both of these problems:

1. Something went wrong disconnect and try again error when server starts getting full > 30 ppl:

http://dayzmod.com/f...00#entry1215571

2. Teleport to bottom left corner of the map over the ocean and then fall to your death sometimes when spawning in or changing clothes / morphing:

http://dayzmod.com/f...00#entry1215591

Running dayz.st server (reality)

Edited by JimmiesAintEvenRustled

Also having both of these problems:

1. Something went wrong disconnect and try again error when server starts getting full > 30 ppl:

http://dayzmod.com/f...00#entry1215571

2. Teleport to bottom left corner of the map over the ocean and then fall to your death sometimes when spawning in or changing clothes / morphing:

http://dayzmod.com/f...00#entry1215591

Running dayz.st server (reality)

Same issues as well on my dedicated server. I believe it only happens when there is high player count or 2-3 hours after restart. I have managed to disable the teleport anti-cheat but the "Something went wrong" messages still appear which implies they are not related. Just my 0.02.

2 Is an issue with the humanity and antitp script. We have it fixed already just doing checks before a hotfix is released

• Like 2

2 Is an issue with the humanity and antitp script. We have it fixed already just doing checks before a hotfix is released

Halleluyah, halleluyah

thought it was a pro bandit conspiracy against those pesky do good hero types

I think the removing food items were a bad thing. Maybe a poll should be made to not piss off ppl with the names, but that complaint was kind of lame anyway (I would have just left them in the game)

Anyway, I saw a post complaining about the new junk loot. I think knives and razor blades should be able to be used (razor maybe kill yourself, I mean not once I have found myself with broken legs from a tree root and have to crawl to a city XD) and knives well, you could kill an animal with a few knife shots (depending on it). Anyway that's an idea suiting for the standalone I guess. BUT we need to stop all these complaints. For **** sake.

I dont like cans' names let's just have the ppl working on this just remove the cans...

Toilet paper can't be used and neither does the razor, let's just remove the variety of trashloot...

Really?

I think variety of resources is a good step forward. I feel good when I see more kinds of trash, or food or anything. Look at killing animals, it used to give you "meat" now you get, bacon, chicken wings etc...

Plus the whole "can incident" pretty much just trew away the work the ppl that designed them put into this game. I think they deserved a bit of respect not this BS.

On other news.. My 1.7.6.1 sometimes makes me create a new character, and then out of the blue sometimes I get an old one back XD

I still manage to get on a few servers. But when I moved from .6 to .6.1 server connecting and the whole caracter missing/reappearing and no-reason kicks off servers have escalated a lot. I hope it will be fixed soon :(

I belive the difference between creating a new character on server join or playing your "old" (read: persistant across public servers) character is because the servers you're joining are either private hive that you haven't joined before or public hive servers in which your data is saved.

I think the removing food items were a bad thing. Maybe a poll should be made to not piss off ppl with the names, but that complaint was kind of lame anyway (I would have just left them in the game)

The problem with a poll is unless it's in game when you join or something then it's pointless cause all you will get is a poll maybe here and on reddit where you'll get a few 100 votes.

This DOES NOT REPRESENT THE DAYZ community of 1.6million and it's results are worthless. Much like the L85 vote where 300 or so whiners decided for a community of 1.5 million players.

Edited by trichome

Anyone having trouble with DMRs killing people on server since patch?

I've different players complain about DMRs shots sparking off victims... Even had a survior being shot say they had no idea why they had not died....

Just curious......

bought arma 3, would be very cool if you guys ported the mod over =D

bought arma 3, would be very cool if you guys ported the mod over =D

You know what it wouldent be very cool at all. The SA will be coming to satisfy your zombie fixation. Quite frankly I'm enjoying the freedom of Arma 3 and honestly can't see myself going back to Arma2 mod included. The last round of updates has fucked up our server population and I just can't be bothered with all these stupid unwanted updates that ignored the biggest bugs in the game and just remove wepons(pandering to n00bs) or add stuff that causes a shitstorm(and backtracking on it).

The community devs/updates are killing the mod.

Long live Arma 3 and the BI devs :thumbsup:

You know what it wouldent be very cool at all. The SA will be coming to satisfy your zombie fixation. Quite frankly I'm enjoying the freedom of Arma 3 and honestly can't see myself going back to Arma2 mod included. The last round of updates has fucked up our server population and I just can't be bothered with all these stupid unwanted updates that ignored the biggest bugs in the game and just remove wepons(pandering to n00bs) or add stuff that causes a shitstorm(and backtracking on it).

The community devs/updates are killing the mod.

Long live Arma 3 and the BI devs :thumbsup:

Does that mean you're done posting in DayZ forums with all your negativety??? THANK F*CKING GOD!

That's one down... we'll miss you.